Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she's genuinely taking a break, she needs to hand the account over to a publicist and get them to change the password so she can't tweet from it, and the publicist needs to start tweeting professional things from this professional account, such as recipes, and signposting to support agencies, and so on.
I think her not being able to hand over her socials is not because she doesn't want to pay people but moslty that she is to narcy to lose control over her accounts and in her eyes she is not doing anything wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She's actually done something quite sensible, provided she can stop tweeting. If you delete an account, the name becomes available after 30 days and you can bet that there are people who will have set themselves a reminder to try and steal it when the 30 days are up. When this is your brand, you need to keep control of the associated names on social media.
or maybe the reality of the Patreon month end Nemesis drop has jolted her back to the potential riches of the squig spawning grounds…

• Haha
Reactions: 42
One of the most neglected knives there is worth over £300 as well. 😑
What on earth did she do to them to trash them so quickly as well?

My dad met my mum in 1976. To try and show he was a responsible guy she should go out with, he bought a bread knife to make his own sandwiches in order to save money. We still use that bread knife (as in it's been used today) and it looks nothing like any of Jack's.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Oh Thank God she is back.
I really want a pancake for breakfast and just know she is going to now be a professional and start posting recipes and helpful tips and costings on her bird account. She will have reflected about the past week, learnt and grown.

only bleeping joking, I am going for another arguement with someone by the 5th October. Maybe about cauliflower?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Reactions: 34
All this talk of Healthy on a Bootstrap has reminded me of some of her other projects. Any other old timers remember The Gaily Mail (the Twitter for it is still there) and it links to Cooper's account which was abandoned after 7 tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Ha! I didn't know about BootstrapHealth. Just had a look and I can see it seems to have lasted less than a month. Is that a record?
Me neither. It's also very revealing that she didn't bother to keep it up. It's of not interest to her because she really just wants to shout and argue with people or have people telling her how she's a national treasure blah blah. Just posting recipes is just too boring and doesn't provide enough narc supply.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Is she duck taking a break. She'll be glued to it waiting for the FMs to lodge up her sphincter

• Haha
Reactions: 53
As a person with many abondonned projects, I have some sympathy for stranded projects (I still need to finsih some upholstery I started three years ago... :LOL: ). But those are things that are not out there in the public that affect my professional profile.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
As a person with many abondonned projects, I have some sympathy for stranded projects (I still need to finsih some upholstery I started three years ago... :LOL: ). But those are things that are not out there in the public that affect my professional profile.
I also struggle with this which is why I plan ahead and start things publicly when I have the materials actually ready. She could have called out of her twitter for writers to commission before announcing the project. I wonder if she ever even picked up her emails. She had people willing to help her.

Screenshot_20221003_083614.jpg

Her motivations are really clear. Financial gain and to get a lovely dopamine hit by getting praise for doing it. Once that's faded, she's no longer interested because she only cares about herself.

Not really sure why she launched a whole new twitter account and website for this. She could easily have made it a series on her regular website?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Couldn't she have re-activated at the weekend? I have job. Does she want me to stop breathing?!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Truly there is no public figure (lol) more persecuted than Jack Monroe. 10 years of daily abuse or a life beyond her wildest dreams?

*Who bleeping knows*

• Haha
Reactions: 55
do you think she’s really so stupid she believes that there’s no overlap between her Instagram and Twitter followers…? Or is this classic narc gaslighting
She’s quite often done this. The Insta content all sweetness and light and happy while on Twitter she’s yelling that everyone wants her DEAD/she’s spiralling/leave her alone. One of the things that most confuses me is that none of her most devoted squigs appear to notice the contrast…

• Haha
Reactions: 52
She’s quite often done this. The Insta content all sweetness and light and happy while on Twitter she’s yelling that everyone wants her DEAD/she’s spiralling/leave her alone. One of the things that most confuses me is that none of her most devoted squigs appear to notice the contrast…
I suspect there's a third element to this and much of what happens on social media doesn't get mentioned in her offline life. A friend of hers tweeted something along the lines of "I didn't know all this was going on when I saw you earlier" and this was when JM was breadcrumbing stalking, harassment, self-harm and all kinds of trauma on Twitter.

Reactions: 68
It was a sneaky undisclosed affiliate link that started Jack's tattle threads. Wonder if the commission was worth it? 😂

Oh wow you weren't kidding! That's hilarious. I always assumed it was one of her temper tantrums that did it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.