Jack Monroe #409 Send product or refund or admit you're a blatant rip off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she punched her older brother šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøšŸ˜³šŸ˜†
At Christmas, for repeating the famous ā€œshould have kept your legs closedā€ line that Portillo and random train passengers often hiss at her

Two weeks ago my fat Mediterranean arse, surely?

(and donā€™t call me Shirley)
Arse is a swear, we got all the titles taken off the early Becky Holt threads coz we called her Becky Bumhole

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
And she has expensive tastes across the board. Sheā€™s clearly a sucker for being influenced and trends, she loves designer clothes and jewellery, she likes art and buying books, sideboards, crockery, spoons etc forever. It must be compulsive because most people whoā€™ve experienced THE POVERTY are a bit more circumspect and choosy when it comes to the choices chosen and tend not to fritter.
if she wasnā€™t such a massive dick she couldā€™ve been quite an interesting person to follow. The poverty larp was misjudged from the very beginning-she chose the one thing she clearly has no skills in and it showed. If sheā€™d gone with clothes and objets at least sheā€™d have had a genuine love for her topic and couldā€™ve indulged her love of dress up. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Jack has always been terrible with money. For those who haven't seen it before:

Screenshot_20220530-112312_Chrome.jpg

Just imagine acquiring all that tit at the age of 24.

(Also, what kind of weirdo is buying designer crockery in their early 20s? This isn't even a middle class vs working class thing, it's just Jack being bizarre.)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
Alright, I know healthyonabootstrap is not news to a lot of the canal but as a Post-HH2 frau, I just went down a tiny rabbit hole.

Healthyonabootstrap was a project Jack "started" (if you can call it that) in May 2018. She set up a twitter account and WordPress site for it. Admittedly I'm unsure if the website was always a WordPress one. https://archive.ph/Efri6

The twitter account has 7 entire tweets on it.
Screenshot_20221002_233506.jpg
Screenshot_20221002_233519.jpg

The WordPress site has the following:

Coming soon page
Screenshot_20221002_231543.jpg

Includes a tip jar rattle (like all the other pages).
Screenshot_20221002_231553.jpg

Post on recommended books

Lists several recommended books. Jack notes that some are her own books and she earns commission on those.
Screenshot_20221002_232434.jpg

What she doesn't mention is that every single link is an affiliate link she profits from. Sneaky.
Screenshot_20221002_232215.jpg

Also includes this book.

Screenshot_20221002_232857.jpg

Every Body & Every Mind
Screenshot_20221002_232543.jpg
Screenshot_20221002_232555.jpg

She's "commissioning" writers.

Charred Cumin Green Beans with Raita
Screenshot_20221002_232931.jpg
Screenshot_20221002_232958.jpg
20180510_121954.png

Recipe taken from another of her cookbooks. "Serves 4". One portion of green beans is approx. 125g. One portion of yoghurt is 125ml. So, no, it doesn't serve 4.

The twitter feed links to a blog post on equipment but that's long gone.

I suspect there were tip jar rattles to fund this project.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Maybe the fellowship meetings are at the coffee shop. Multitasking, don't you know.....
So far I've been in 2 'support groups' where the person supposedly running the show ended up using the people attending as their personal therapists and sounding boards. I can very much see this happening if Jack tried to 'support' anyone.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
[/QUOTE]
(edited - since Iā€™ve got a hat on my avatar, maybe Iā€™ll actually upload a picture. And since I mentioned art, itā€™s one of my drawings)
[/QUOTE]

wow, thatā€™s fabulous!

Edit: to CEB1980, not got the hang of quoting yet

• Heart
Reactions: 16

View attachment 1621766

(Also, what kind of weirdo is buying designer crockery in their early 20s? This isn't even a middle class vs working class thing, it's just Jack being bizarre.)
Was this when she sold everything including her light bulbs and her sonā€™s dinosaur during The Poverty? Did she use ā€œA Girl Called Jackā€ before her first book? I am a confused Frau.

(also ā€œladiesā€ clothes arrrgh)

Reactions: 19

View attachment 1621766

Oh my god she has the lyrics from a song in The Little Mermaid. She thought she was a little mermaid just swimming around acquiring treasure.
Twenty-four yearsā€™ worth of vintage Denby and Wedgwood - did we know Jack was an infant antiques prodigy?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I do feel like the FD person posting multiple times on the post was excessive and intended to get the reaction it did. Hey bear, here's my stick, poke, poke, poke.

She's just too easy to bait, you'd think she'd learn. Just delete, block and maybe say "doggo does look a bit scruffy but booked in with a pro next week! (My poor wallet send cash)"

It's just like the potatoes, she's got one tool in her box - escalate!
Personally I don't. I think they're likely autistic at a guess- as I tend to do similarly- and were just genuinely scared for the dog's health. Jack is just a revolting piece of work.

Reactions: 21
Jack really has painted us as nefarious, mendacious, trolls to the Hellsite, and I think it's lovely every time a new frau is genuinely surprised by how much we're not. We're good ninnies really.
When this all comes out and due diligence is done, this interminable, beautiful thread will be named and famed for its genuinely balanced critical approach. Iā€™ve dipped my toe in other threads on here and have to say Iā€™ve been appalled by most of them. This one stands out as fair, thorough and bleeping funny. Iā€™ve paid good money to see comedians who are 90% less funny than you lot. Keep up the good work my darlings.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Did she really sell her lightbulbs or is that just Tattle lore?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.