Jack Monroe #410 If you don’t give me money, the kid gets rickets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This, totally. I lived in halls at uni that were tiny and damp with a shared bathroom and kitchen covered in mould. When I moved into a 2 bed terrace with my now husband it was £70 a week (20 years ago!) it had dodgy electrics, a dodgy landlord, 1930s broken furniture and a mattress on the bed that had seen more action than a brothel. We could hear the mice scratching in the walls at night and we had to wash our clothes in the bath. At one point we shared a bowl of soup. It was tough but I was determined to pass my degree and get a good job.

I now earn a great wage, live in a lovely house and we are lucky to travel a lot. I do save but I spend a decent amount on trips, events, experiences and anything I think would make the kids happy, because that makes me happy. I don’t buy designer clothes or expensive things as things like that don’t make me any happier. It makes me sad that Jack has so many things - material things - but has never to my knowledge used a penny of her earnings to go to Harry Potter Studios or Disneyland or Tenerife or whatever. At no point has she invested in SB, made happy memories. She’s squandered every penny and every opportunity she’s had handed to her on a plate. Selfishly.

She’s never known struggle, not really. And that’s why she’s never really worked hard. Because it’s never been do or die. 😕
I think she's boxed herself into a corner where her whole grift is about poverty and budget stuff, so she feels she can't visibly enjoy herself as much as she'd like, so she just spends like a demon on the sly.

Reactions: 45
The way I RAN here after seeing that new profile pic.

But seriously....who TF is this? And where did she get those lips?

View attachment 1622576
Is she trying to look like Jameela Jamil? Is it just me getting strong vibes of Jameela from this pic?

ETA: having caught up, I can see it’s definitely not just me. Sorry ninnies, I’ll go away and stop breathing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Why Canal moving swifty
Cos Jack is Agatha Grifty

Also, am owl hooting and'a popping about the fact that when Jack reignited her no doubt long lost love affair with insta she was on 176k followers and is now in 175k. In the meantime, ASDA supported blogger beatthebudget was on 186k and is now on 193k.....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Woohoo She is back.

I have missed the informed, educated, and massively relevant posts regarding:
Saving money on energy usage.
Saving on grocery costs by simply doing things like Splitting BOGOF offers with family / friends / neighbours.
Bulk cooking,
Home growing, What to grow, how to grow, when to grow.
Advice on how various government schemes may benefit me or those in need.

Oh wait, no.....

• Haha
Reactions: 40
She's absolutely fucked it on Twitter. She's down to the most swivel eyed and ridiculous flying monkeys (mostly dirty old men and strange middle aged women), most folk are either ignoring her or laughing at her. Who knew she'd be brought down by Ma Monroe's underdone roasties.
Yes she is a laughing stock on twitter. A punchline to jokes about awful food and bizarre economy tips.
No blue tickers helping her out at all.
She could've ridden out the awful roasties, but she had to weigh in ridiculously going on about disabilities and bullying. Showing absolutely nil sense of humour or perspective.
Numpty.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Advice on how various government schemes may benefit me or those in need.
Trust me on this my love.
If those schemes could be used to benefit her, there'd be links on her tweets to them.. if benefit advisors got commissions, she'd suddenly become the CAB.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Exposing her ex's sexual fantasies to strangers . what a bleep
I don’t think dear Mary was Lou’s first fantasy, I think she was the first woman she ever loved.
I had a pure and unrequited love for Morten from a-ha, doesn’t mean today I want a guy in a leather jacket and blue jeans to grow a quiff and ravage me whilst whispering in Norwegian.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Yes. That’s from Potatoes. If anyone here needs a reminder of just how grisly and emotionally manipulative Jacks writing is, Potatoes is the best example.

What makes me laugh about the bit you’ve picked out is that she goes from blatant lies about the extent of her destitution and even, unforgivably, compares her fake period of poverty to being avictim of CSA, and then immediately after, “Anyways, so yes I’m very poor and traumatised. I live in a three bedroom house by the sea…”
I'm sorry, but does someone have a link to this mysterious 'potatoes' please?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's absolutely fucked it on Twitter. She's down to the most swivel eyed and ridiculous flying monkeys (mostly dirty old men and strange middle aged women), most folk are either ignoring her or laughing at her. Who knew she'd be brought down by Ma Monroe's underdone roasties.
There’s an FM who almost always appears in every thread anywhere and comes to her aid, they will be the very last one standing I think:

44585C94-88AA-4B4D-855B-FF26CC861AE5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I really hope she doesn't succeed in getting that parody account taken down, I've been reading it and it's really funny!
Just had a thought... all those @bootstrapcooknumbers accounts that have popped up, what if Jack didn't make them, but the parody account did as back ups..? 🤔😂

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I don’t think dear Mary was Lou’s first fantasy, I think she was the first woman she ever loved.
I had a pure and unrequited love for Morten from a-ha, doesn’t mean today I want a guy in a leather jacket and blue jeans to grow a quiff and ravage me whilst whispering in Norwegian.
Well now. Let’s not be hasty. I’ve rewatched all of Borgan - to watch for the first time Borgan: Power & Glory (or Power & Menopause as I’ve renamed it) - so I’m feeling pretty fluent in Danish. All Scandinavians are interchangeable, like herbs?

*NB to any Scandinavian Fraus, I’m JOKING! Thank you for all the good drama x

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.