Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least get your facts right Jack: today on national television you said 2 million children live in poverty in the UK.
The correct figure is 3.6 million or 1 in 4 children.
This is important information to be accurate about.
Screenshot_20220915_125506.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
This fuels my suspicion that she hasn't sent them a lawyers letter and they might be trying to goad her into doing so for *reasons*. Grabs popcorn.
The video is still up and they have never apologised. My money is on them never hearing a word

Reactions: 35
Is it reference to this tweet? I wasn't around then. Published on 26th Jan, 2 days before the ONS had a meeting chat with Jack?
View attachment 1579931
I am not a very forensic frau, but I feel this thread also speaks volumes about what she believes her role in all of this was:

This is her announcing that the ONS report was out on 30/05/2022:

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 12.49.03.png

Linking back to her original thread on this topic that "started it all" on 19/01/2022:
Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 12.50.27.png

So I think in Jack's mind, her 19/01 thread made the ONS start investigating this stuff?? Then after that came the countless meetings etc, which culminated in this report released by ONS 30/05. It does SOUND like she's taking credit for it, but we know how she is with words and clarity and all of that nonsense...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
The video is still up and they have never apologised. My money is on them never hearing a word
We know they're well funded and could easily crowdfund, they have nothing at all to lose from Jack getting legal on them. Jack on the other hand...

Reactions: 33
Yeah I get the whole posting photos of my best life to own the haterzzzz shtick. It’s a move that’s as old as social media itself. You aren’t supposed to then point out that you’re posting photos to own us. That kind of defeats the purpose.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
This infuriates me SO MUCH!!
Urgh.
I've come to the conclusion that to JM, 'work'= 'lying'.
1663243403812.jpg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I have a couple of theories about Jack’s ONS thing. I suspect SB was doing percentages at school-learning things like a 10% increase on 10p is 11p but a 10% increase on £4500 is £4950 is a tricky concept for kids. She may well have had the startling revelation that big maths percentages can contain wildly different figures when it comes to increases. Or she may have got wind somehow from someone that the ONS and others were obviously aware of such a bleeping obvious point. She has form for stealing ideas and concepts and recipes.
As usual she took to Twitter and managed to go viral. The point is her ‘revelation’ wasn’t new and she’s got a load of work off the back of insinuating that she single handedly is responsible and is ‘working for the poor’ by putting out a tweet that any halfwit could realise if they spent a moment thinking along those lines.
It’s absolutely insane then that she’s wheeled out to comment on things she doesn’t understand, gives no added value to and makes no difference to. It’s like having a town crier who just shouts words to start a debate among the people who are actually capable and act on them.
Basically anyone who can attract attention (by claiming to be anything slightly controversial/shamelessly putting their whole life out there for public attention etc) can do what Jack does. Which is why she gets attention on Twitter (albeit the tide is turning). But she sure as tit shouldn’t be platformed by any organisation.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Just popped in to say that the gloves are well and truly outta the puddles now!
Absolutely! ;)
What an awesome bunch you all are and what a fecking delicious grunk this has been! Can't believe I'm finally ~literally~ in real time! Yesterday was quite the ride!
@Penelope_Ghent - bravo! 👏 Big bowl of pumble with added black pudding and prunes heading your way, thanks for all you do! :m

Well, Jack Monroe grifter, how ya gonna get outta this one, pal?
#notanONScollaboratorafterall #jackmonroeagirlcalledgrift

(Hnnnnnngggghhhh that was more of an apt gif than I anticipated when searching for "sweating"!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
we literally worked together on this” implies rather more than one informal 1 hour meeting

F9838623-45C2-4D88-A594-62CE27BAB356.jpeg

And I’m sure this has been covered before, but why is the VBI needed when these people are already on the case producing monthly updates. Why isn’t she promoting them or working with them?* Why didn’t she even reply?

33E98C7B-9D7E-41AC-B498-9599CC32C45E.jpeg
108703A6-2D26-4CF1-B2DC-0253042ADF94.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Screenshot 2022-09-15 13.08.09.png

The Squigs have found Daubney's Jack tweet and are doing the traditional Homeless Hopkins Wank Dance to celebrate.

ETA: They've now tagged Jack in.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 13.15.58.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
Word is spreading...another forum where I lurk (CookdnBombd - comedy and stuff) has had a (relatively minuscule, obviously) thread on Jack where earlier in the summer there was a bit of back and forth about the criticism of her.

The upshot was, earlier in the year, most of the posters agreed she was generally somewhere between "ace" and okay, if a bit of a chaotic elevenerifer, with a few dissenters.

Just popped there again and Jack trending on Twitter has led to something of a reappraisal. They're not a hive mind, some still believe the best of her, but the tide has turned. Here are some sample quotes:
  • "Anyway, I read this slightly obsessively researched article [Molly] about whether or not Jack Monroe is a scammer and I dunno lads, I'm sort of leaning towards her being a bit of a wrong 'un."
  • "Halfway through that medium post and it seems pretty damning."
  • [not getting into the wider question of whether Jack is a scammer] "Jack's suggestion that people cancel their energy bill direct debit and set up a standing order for an amount they can afford instead is phenomenally bad advice."
  • "[semi-supportive, neutral-ish comment] seemed a bit like she was milking the desperation a bit was the talk of unscrewing lights and stuff."
  • "im absolutely not going to grind an axe (there are some horrible people who clearly constantly name search Jack Monroe on twitter to try and defame them, absolutely pathetic beasts), but also at this point I'm not convinced they [Jack] do that much good. their media appearances are appalling, and bootlicking the royal family at this time is not good. you don't need to hurl tit at them, just keep quiet!!! for fucks sake!"
  • "Fundamentally though I think there are other people capable of doing what Monroe does, doing it honestly, more efficiently and without the dysfunction and possibly even are doing already just without the minor personality cult."
The forum isn't massive, but it's long-standing and usually bang on the zeitgeist. Definitely left-leaning, not a whiff of anti-trans (quite the opposite) and generally populated by sharp-minded posters.

Hope I've not done a chaos with this, debated whether to name the forum.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
I just woke up to Jack showing her pumble to the internet - sorry, "squishy lil thighs", which even if that's the case WHY WOULD YOU PUT AN UPSKIRT PICTURE ON YOUR PUBLIC SUPPOSEDLY FOR WORK TWITTER??? - and really hope this doesn't set the tone for my whole day 😵

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I just woke up to Jack showing her pumble to the internet - sorry, "squishy lil thighs", which even if that's the case WHY WOULD YOU PUT AN UPSKIRT PICTURE ON YOUR PUBLIC SUPPOSEDLY FOR WORK TWITTER??? - and really hope this doesn't set the tone for my whole day 😵
Well the ONS has just shown everyone her arse via an FOI, so it looks like the tone is well and truly set.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
You don't look like this now.

Also what on earth is she talking to Google about? How to maximise profits through tin rattling?
Well now ... as someone genuinely worried about the plight of the poorest and most disadvantaged one would think maybe challenging Google's use of the Double Irish and Dutch Sandwich but given her own adventures in tax avoidance probably not. 😠

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.