Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I imagining it or is there a tiny hint of “Well now, we’re glad you asked“ about the ONS response? They must have been spitting feathers watching madam fibbing her arse off and taking credit for their work with no right of reply.
I bet there’s a gleeful hopping and skipping at ONS HQ this morning waiting for this to show up on Twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 81
Or trying to get her wikifeet rating up from 3.5 stars.
It’s the way she’s deliberately hooked the dress up 🤢
Ditto re: JA, 💓 and I agree that Jack is less 'Baby Dyke' and more 'Page 3' these days. Because she's just a facade with nothing beneath it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oh wow today is going to be wild. What is the next step for publishing this online? I’m so pleased work is quiet today. EXCITED SQUEAK.

Reactions: 14

Have at it
I've tried to get this information twice (I didn't put in an actual FOI, though) with no luck and I don't want to look like I'm obsessed even though I am so I'm not doing it again. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Has anyone ever asked Asda, foi or otherwise, of Jack had any impact on their value ranges at all?

I can't quite remember the full details at the time but wasn't it more like her local asda was short smart price rice so she assumed it was nationwide issue?

Reactions: 20
I've tried to get this information twice (I didn't put in an actual FOI, though) with no luck and I don't want to look like I'm obsessed even though I am so I'm not doing it again. Lol.
Do they publish the names and addresses of the person who made the request?

Reactions: 12
That is brilliant @Penelope_Ghent proof of what many of us suspected and proof that Jack really does inflate her role in this, and I believe, many other situations (see Asda, politicians, Google etc). She is just a token media friendly pov for the media to wheel out and exploit to some extent. Most people would take issue with that but not a fame and money hungry narc.

On another note, Jack has mentioned and shown Dink in the past and posted about a (I think) Nicole Fahri jacket she conveniently found in a charity shop. So she admitted to that at least once in the last two years.
Weren’t the two Vivienne Westwoods also miraculously “charity shop finds” or was that a fever dream?

Reactions: 31
I‘d love to see estimates of the cost of appeasing this whiny waste of time just to avoid crappy headlines and a pile on of flying monkeys.
She isn’t just a boring irrelevance, she’s actually an active nuisance stopping real work being done rather than talked about. All because she loves the sound of her own nasal whine and can’t cope with deep feelings of inadequacy.
An honest day’s work would help with that Jack. You’re a pain in the arse making things worse in every conceivable way.
I doubt the shitting dog has been near the government bar anything she's been publicly invited to which this year would be be the committee she wasted a place at and a Gingerbread event at the parliament.

Reactions: 18
I anticipate this response
“If all **insert derogatory overworded insult** spent as much time trying to discredit me as helping the homeless/food banks, the world would be a better place”.
I CANT WAIT

• Haha
Reactions: 29
8D95A3D7-B1BC-41EF-9F66-48CE66F09585.jpeg

I am 🦉🍾 at this. THE AUDACITY. After everything she’s ever said she was going to do and not done?!?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
firefox_vOWnLQmIxo.png

I anticipate this response
“If all **insert derogatory overworded insult** spent as much time trying to discredit me as helping the homeless/food banks, the world would be a better place”.
I CANT WAIT
Yes patiently waiting for the "you might have seen the latest part of the SMEAR CAMPAIGN blah blah blah" tweet

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Do they publish the names and addresses of the person who made the request?
Edit: From what I can see looks like the ONS don't include names or addresses.
Word of warning to anyone thinking about putting in an FOI via the website WhatDoTheyKnow, they do publish the name of the person who made the request.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Has anyone ever asked Asda, foi or otherwise, of Jack had any impact on their value ranges at all?

I can't quite remember the full details at the time but wasn't it more like her local asda was short smart price rice so she assumed it was nationwide issue?
I wasn't even that. A local Frau checked that particular Asda and all the smart price range was there.

I personally think she just mistyped "smrat priec rcie" on the Asda website search bar when checking prices, obviously didn't find it and she let her imagination run wild.

ETA and the worst thing was that the media bought it; so much for fact-checking.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I already know what the flying monkey response to the FOI request will be. “Well ok she hasn’t been formally involved but she’s not a statistician, she’s a cook! But her advocacy and noise made this happen”. Which is fair, I suppose. (Wrong, but fair. If anyone could find the receipt that this had been in the works since November ‘21 I’d be eternally grateful). But that being the case, I’d like to know what she’s doing the other 99 hours of every week to warrant all this Patreon dollar? Like she’s clearly washed her hands of the VBI because a) stats are hard and she has absolutely no knowledge of it, and b) the ONS are sort of doing it. She’s produced three spite recipes to coincide with Jamie Oliver’s new show. She’s taken a huge fee to speak at Google. What are these Patreon’s funding, precisely?

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.