Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know we're mid chaos but I just saw a reel on Instagram about a woman dying her clothes black; caption was THIS IS GENIUS and yet the video didn't actually show the result 🤪 most of them turned grey/a weird tie dye colour which apparently she liked but we haven't seen Jack in anything similar lol

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do they publish the names and addresses of the person who made the request?
I did check with a friend who handles FOI on a routine basis for a Govt department and he said that this information is redacted. I certainly wouldn’t have asked if I thought they would. If they do, what can happen? Jack can’t take me to court for asking a question. I guess who I really should be worried about are the FMs.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Am I imagining it or is there a tiny hint of “Well now, we’re glad you asked“ about the ONS response? They must have been spitting feathers watching madam fibbing her arse off and taking credit for their work with no right of reply.
I bet there’s a gleeful hopping and skipping at ONS HQ this morning waiting for this to show up on Twitter
You're not imagining it. I'm not ONS but I've only ever seen additional info like that on an FoI request if a point is being made.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I did check with a friend who handles FOI on a routine basis for a Govt department and he said that this information is redacted. I certainly wouldn’t have asked if I thought they would. If they do, what can happen? Jack can’t take me to court for asking a question. I guess who I really should be worried about are the FMs.
Just had a look at Previous requests on the ONS site and it does indeed look as though they leave personal details off.

Reactions: 20
The website WhatDoTheyKnow publishes the name of the person who made the request.
Not sure about other avenues...
Oh dear…

Just had a look at Previous requests on the ONS site and it does indeed look as though they leave personal details off.
I guess someone could ask who made the request but I have had some FOI turned down because they cited GDPR. So if my name was released there would have to be a very strong reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I don't want to scare you but not necessarily. You can look at FoI requests here and see: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/list/successful

Reactions: 12
I’m not sure the timing could have been any better with her appearance on tv today. It’s all so delicious.

Reactions: 19
Weren’t the two Vivienne Westwoods also miraculously “charity shop finds” or was that a fever dream?
Wow! A lifetime of charity shopping and I’ve never seen Viv or Fahri gracing the rails. I know there are flagship stores where the ultra high end brands go but they still price into the £100’s because they know what they’ve got.
She should promote charity shopping as part of a holistic approach to skintness but nope-only to excuse the ownership of a luxury item when a puddle will not do.

Reactions: 30
I know we're mid chaos but I just saw a reel on Instagram about a woman dying her clothes black; caption was THIS IS GENIUS and yet the video didn't actually show the result 🤪 most of them turned grey/a weird tie dye colour which apparently she liked but we haven't seen Jack in anything similar lol
I have a habit of dying all my clothes black, and it's true that most (unless faded black already) go either dark brown, navy or greyish. I don't mind that though. I just need a daily 'uniform' that's functional and comfortable. I did the same with our towels. Dying things can be a bit addictive!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
*waves at thread* I don't normally keep up with Jack, but she has become unavoidable in the bad way. I cant see it has been asked, but during her various periods of poverty/homeless etc, why didn't her dad give her one of his flats at any rent peppercorn or otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Am I imagining it or is there a tiny hint of “Well now, we’re glad you asked“ about the ONS response? They must have been spitting feathers watching madam fibbing her arse off and taking credit for their work with no right of reply.
I bet there’s a gleeful hopping and skipping at ONS HQ this morning waiting for this to show up on Twitter
I got that sense from it. They must be pretty pissed off that such an incompetent person as Jack is swanning around suggesting that she's told them what to do! And they can't respond and set the record straight. Must be frustrating.

Screenshot_20220915-125104.png

This... Are we now in the era of the Spite Fanny? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Just popped in to say that the gloves are well and truly outta the puddles now!
This fuels my suspicion that she hasn't sent them a lawyers letter and they might be trying to goad her into doing so for *reasons*. Grabs popcorn.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
*waves at thread* I don't normally keep up with Jack, but she has become unavoidable in the bad way. I cant see it has been asked, but during her various periods of poverty/homeless etc, why didn't her dad give her one of his flats at any rent peppercorn or otherwise.
The flats were still her grandfathers at the time, they didn't go to her father until after he passed away in 2013 which was just the tail end of the poverty. As to why none of her family helped her, I suspect that's just Jack exaggeration but as ever who knows.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.