Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
Presented without comment. I asked. They replied. Just for clarity though in my original request I sent a copy of a tweet from
Jack in May 2022 in which Jack confirmed she had once again met with them along with other tweets where Jack had referenced meeting and working with ONS.
8BCBE9B5-0866-4796-B06D-3028ABE99A23.jpeg
56D2D1DD-761C-457D-9ACE-C1E10313F301.jpeg
75AD744B-4C51-45EA-86E1-0508CE78E680.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 179

SlopAmbsase

Chatty Member
Thread title nomination courtesy of the abominably named @MoistenedGussets, originating from the increasingly aware Comments Club. I know the thread is very active currently, so if this is incorrect send gulag-os

It’s all pinging off on Twitter like a Soviet era RBMK nuclear power plant. This tweet is an excellent summary but please feel free (to the extent of the Party’s handbook) to add further details:

20D08D4E-7270-4100-B3D7-DC7D4582EE33.jpeg

Lurkers and newbies, please read the Wiki for full BootstrapVerse Lore. There’s a lot but it will help you. In this universe we don’t deadname, we wait for the last half of the forum to nominate thread titles and we can’t use swear words for these. All aboard the Trans-Monronian express TOOT TOOT COMRADE!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 152

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
The thing about “he lets it to social tenants for a peppercorn rent” why would he, though? If these are vulnerable and unwell people as she describes, they will be in receipt of housing benefit to cover their rent. The cost of rent is the cost of rent, he’ll be getting whatever the standard rate is. The only point of lowering the rent would be to save the government the rent money? It’s not like the tenants would be allowed to keep the difference. BULLSHIT

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 151

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-09-14 12.37.57.png

Oh dear, poor Dave. Jack you're going to have to come up with the mother of all trifles.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 150

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Oh Lord, just watching GMB and they've only gone and put her in front of a massive burger #theyknow

Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 09.57.29.png
Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 09.57.05.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 147

Lazarus

VIP Member
I have chosen this time to say I do not believe Jack Monroe is an alcoholic. This may attract criticism from, or cause offence to the canal, and I’m sorry if it offends anyone. I see this as a label she can attach to herself to absolve herself from her shitty behaviours.

I do however believe she has an addictive personality and she seems truly addicted to social media. It is damaging every aspect of her life, and she cannot keep away. If the majority of her time is spent on Twitter, between god knows how many accounts, and she still has time to read here, MN, and search out mentions of herself online, then no matter how she slices it, it is damaging her personal relationships.

She ~literally~ cannot step away.

The little bit of fame she had at the start of her career (using that word in the loosest sense) has gone completely to her head. She is a carcrash and for once I actually do feel quite sorry for her.
She doesn’t fit in anywhere. She wants to be a media luvvy, but she makes her money off pretending to be poor so they (the media set) patronise her and give her money but wouldn’t fully accept her into their set.

She wants to be a tv personality but she has no personality and no screen presence. She wants to be the darling of the left but her ingrained Tory-ness shines through everything she touches.
she wants to be the one stop shop for advice for people in poverty but she doesn’t give a flying fuck about people so ignores them. She wants to be all things to all people but is basically a self serving narcissist. She’s a one trick pony and her only trick is lying and grifting. It’s quite sad really.

No amount of money can make her happy because she doesn’t know what she is and what she wants to be. It’s all at odds with the other part of her personality.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 142

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I always find, as a general rule of thumb, if I have to explain about a photo 'that is not my fanny', then that probably is not the best photo to put on twitter.
It is a simple mantra but one that has stood me in good stead so far.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 138

MoistenedGussets

Chatty Member
I know the chaos has subsided but I'm still reading through and every now and then hooting like a fool at some of the replies.

larry.jpg

As you were.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 134