Jack Monroe #394 Stickler for facts and fair reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title nomination courtesy of the abominably named @MoistenedGussets, originating from the increasingly aware Comments Club. I know the thread is very active currently, so if this is incorrect send gulag-os

It’s all pinging off on Twitter like a Soviet era RBMK nuclear power plant. This tweet is an excellent summary but please feel free (to the extent of the Party’s handbook) to add further details:

20D08D4E-7270-4100-B3D7-DC7D4582EE33.jpeg

Lurkers and newbies, please read the Wiki for full BootstrapVerse Lore. There’s a lot but it will help you. In this universe we don’t deadname, we wait for the last half of the forum to nominate thread titles and we can’t use swear words for these. All aboard the Trans-Monronian express TOOT TOOT COMRADE!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 152

Jack, affronted that the squigs can’t appreciate the nuance of her dad being a decorated paratrooper, Queen saluter, slum landlord, large gun nut and simultaneously head comrade of Leninist Marxism

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122
Hi there, first time poster.

If JM's dad lets to "social tenants" he would need to be a registered social landlord. Any evidence for this out there?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
Why oh why is this all happening when I’M BUSY??

do you want me to stop breathing (working)?

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I do hope people keep pressing the point that if her dad is such an amazing good guy, why did he let her fester in poverty. Really makes u think...

• Heart
Reactions: 114

If JM's dad lets to "social tenants" he would need to be a registered social landlord. Any evidence for this out there?
Erm he’s intensely private, frau, do you want big Dave to stop breathing?

• Haha
Reactions: 75

Good. Point.
Im not going to go looking. I fear googling anything related to Monroe. I have a phobia of seeing anything Monroe has cooked. It's like those people that don't like holes.. i call it, Sloppophobia. 🤪

(Piss off I'm allowed to humour myself..)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
RIP her control of the narrative. Looks like her family history is getting the meme treatment:

964F3196-3BB1-4005-BB0D-A756F117D992.jpeg

I am genuinely curious about why some of the accounts I follow on Twitter haven’t unfollowed. Do they really not see the messiness?!

• Haha
Reactions: 130
‘All that Queen and country tit’ being the oath taken by all service people to serve the country in the name of the Queen and the people-which is precisely what protects the population from the government using our army against us.
I love tied up in knots Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Argh I've got back to back meetings all afternoon and can no longer follow the chaos. See you for a heckin' grunk later...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Good steady money. Loads of private landlords round my way do it and do very nicely out of it too. The tenants may pay very little but the council pays a lot for them to be housed

Reactions: 64

Anyone can rent to people in benefits (mortgage and insurance providers allowing). Being a registered provider of social housing is something slightly different.

There is a register of social landlords, he's not on it, but I wouldn't expect him to be.

Reactions: 65
The thing about “he lets it to social tenants for a peppercorn rent” why would he, though? If these are vulnerable and unwell people as she describes, they will be in receipt of housing benefit to cover their rent. The cost of rent is the cost of rent, he’ll be getting whatever the standard rate is. The only point of lowering the rent would be to save the government the rent money? It’s not like the tenants would be allowed to keep the difference. BULLSHIT

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 151
I do hope people keep pressing the point that if her dad is such an amazing good guy, why did he let her fester in poverty. Really makes u think...
She has evaded this point for years in her slippery way.
Her parents are 'living saints'. Yet either:
They knew she and her son were cold and starving and did nothing.
Didn't know but missed the glaringly obvious signs she and her son were cold and starving.
Were so unapproachable Jack would rather have gone hungry than asked for help for herself and her son.

Any which way she doesn't paint them in a great light.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
RIP her control of the narrative. Looks like her family history is getting the meme treatment:

View attachment 1577591
I am genuinely curious about why some of the accounts I follow on Twitter haven’t unfollowed. Do they really not see the messiness?!
They’ve probably muted her. Followed her because it felt the worthy thing to do then realised that they actually didn’t want to endlessly hear about her slop recipes and persecution complex.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I actually believe that big Dave might do some of the stuff she says, but I don't believe for a second he actually charges a "peppercorn rent" in the literal sense. He might charge the local housing allowance rate. But peppercorn is something completely different.

Reactions: 83
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.