Jack Monroe #392 This is why ppl cook you on that gossip app innit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the Feminax line (?) is Naproxen. I think it’s the Ultra one and it’s got quite strict imstructions for use. Never again (whilst on SSRIs anyway!).
Oh, I didn't realise that was the Prox. ta..

Reactions: 7
Merail too, but I'm on Paroxetine and before I had surgery to address the issue, used Naproxen for crippling menstrual issues too- and myself and my 'Old Harold' are both prescribed it for long-time back issues. BUT, we're extremely circumspect with it AND it does massively exacerbate my gastritis which I then have to deal with. I'd avoid it like the plague if anything else came close to helping. We can only get it on prescription, though. I've never seen it OTC in the UK?
You can buy Feminax Ultra over the counter, which is just Naproxen. It’s the only stuff that works for me when I have the worst of the worst period cramps. Never really noticed any stomach issues. Maybe I have guts of steel and could be a Monroe recipe tester.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Jack actually did like an hour of work today? Wow! Almost up to approximately 12 hours for the whole of September thus far!

Screenshot_20220912_220213.jpg

VBI must be coming any day now, what with all the secret behind the scenes work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
The syrupy limp onion juice the squig recommended is haunting me. Imagine the lingering honk if she necks a litre of that.
I tried drinking onion juice once for a really bad cold that I needed to get rid of urgently, (someone's 'family' recipe) and it actually burned the skin on the inside of my mouth in a most vile and excruciating way. I definitely wouldn't recommend even for the desperate.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
I know someone who used to be a call handler and dispatcher for the police, and as someone who never shuts up anyway she is prone to losing her voice and sore throats. Talking constantly on the phone in an air conditioner office does that apparently . Her remedy was a simple root ginger tea and she still always has a nob handy (fnar) just in case.
It works wonders. No bizarre added ingredients needed.

Reactions: 35
You can buy Feminax Ultra over the counter, which is just Naproxen. It’s the only stuff that works for me when I have the worst of the worst period cramps. Never really noticed any stomach issues. Maybe I have guts of steel and could be a Monroe recipe tester.
I can't BELIEVE that I suffered from decades of menstrual pain that lost me at least a week of every month, and was NEVER prescribed or recommended Naproxen (although I certainly tried everything else) until I happened to be prescribed it for something entirely unrelated. It was honestly like magic. Nothing else came even close to stopping my cramps except that. I felt so cheated!! Even the stomach issue side effects were worth it for just not being entirely laid flat by periods.
I have to say though, that ablation has been a total blessing. Long may it last. I have a life back, for starters...

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Re Jack's lack of taste buds and nasal whine, plus various face aches - I wonder if she should have had her adenoids out as a child.
I had all those symptoms but had mine taken out when I was about 10. Whipping your adenoids out was much more routine in the 70s I think.
Yes! I had mine out aged 15 in 1988 (send KylieMinogueos). I'd been repeatedly unwell with high temps and delirious sleep walking moments though. I wasn't just a nasal arsewipe, sounding off for likes.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
i mean, the condom machine thing is actually fake. but it just goes to show that

1. there is clearly no limit to the lunacy this country is exhibiting atm so it does seem plausible

2. jack's really bleeping thick

• Haha
Reactions: 61
You paid a very high price for sobriety, Jack? YOU? As the daughter of an addict myself, what about your SON? What price has he paid? As the ex of an addict, what about all the partners you’ve had? What price have

As the sister of a recently relapsed brother, who’s words to me were “I fucked up. I fell off the wagon.” Ownership. No excuses. No “but…”. Just told me what he’d done and that he was off to a meeting later. No blaming other people/events, just a simple confession and off to a meeting. Which he then didn’t broadcast the details of to me, or on SM.

I know there are AA Fraus here and I know you do suffer for your actions; I’ve seen it with my brother. But there’s never any acknowledgement of how it affects anyone around her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
I know someone who used to be a call handler and dispatcher for the police, and as someone who never shuts up anyway she is prone to losing her voice and sore throats. Talking constantly on the phone in an air conditioner office does that apparently . Her remedy was a simple root ginger tea and she still always has a nob handy (fnar) just in case.
It works wonders. No bizarre added ingredients needed.
Yes but Jack has to have tried everything anyone might conceivably suggest because her self-esteem will collapse if she's not in full completed it, mate mode.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Laryngitis is painless and the treatment is rest, steam/warm drinks (not caffeine) glycerine/honey boiled sweets just keep it lubricated and don’t speak. Jack is a danger.
I did wonder why she was taking all those pain. My mum gets laryngitis quite often (a blessing, perhaps...) and she's never needed anything for it other than resting her voice. The kids at school think it's hysterical, although some get confused that she's whispering, and think they have to whisper back.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I did wonder why she was taking all those pain. My mum gets laryngitis quite often (a blessing, perhaps...) and she's never needed anything for it other than resting her voice. The kids at school think it's hysterical, although some get confused that she's whispering, and think they have to whisper back.
Yeah people do that with me a lot. Then ask why we are whispering? Also they assume you’re deaf and SHOUT

FYI the soluble aspirin is for tonsillitis, as is salt water gargle. Jack is a fountain of misinformation

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.