Jack Monroe #391 There are still copies of Good Food for Bad Days up for grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Mark Lewis’ tweet came just at exactly the right time. I now have a folder containing 31 screenshots which I will somehow reduce to a handful. I have over 200 in a related folder in case anyone is mad enough to require additional receipts. I am now ready to put together a timeline for Jack versus Lee Anderson, Lawrence Fox, Martin Daubney and a lad called Pat.
I’m not a technical Frau so, in order not to spam Tattle with the longest post in its history, how do I hide it behind a spoiler? Also does anyone know if I can write it in notes, including embedded screenshots, and drop it here or do I have to actually write it in the wee Tattle box?
I have visions of my internet connection going down half way through and having to start again from scratch.
ThankspaceYou
Awesome and amazing work tender one. A non sarcastic THANKSPACEYOU. I’ve pasted from notes into a spoiler here before and it’s worked fine, but not with embedded pics, so a more knowledge frau than I will have to help with guidance on that. Please do wait til early in the new thread though so it gets maximum traction.

I can only imagine the combination of anger and incredulity you’ve experienced over the past week while compiling this, so genuinely- thank you again. I hope you can take a Jack-break soon! ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Well Mark Lewis’ tweet came just at exactly the right time. I now have a folder containing 31 screenshots which I will somehow reduce to a handful. I have over 200 in a related folder in case anyone is mad enough to require additional receipts. I am now ready to put together a timeline for Jack versus Lee Anderson, Lawrence Fox, Martin Daubney and a lad called Pat.
I’m not a technical Frau so, in order not to spam Tattle with the longest post in its history, how do I hide it behind a spoiler? Also does anyone know if I can write it in notes, including embedded screenshots, and drop it here or do I have to actually write it in the wee Tattle box?
I have visions of my internet connection going down half way through and having to start again from scratch.
ThankspaceYou
See spoiler tag below for how to use the spoiler tag.
Screenshot 2022-09-10 19.09.53.png
Screenshot 2022-09-10 19.10.17.png
Screenshot 2022-09-10 19.11.04.png

ETA: You can also add pictures as well as text between the spoiler tags, not sure if just copying and pasting the pictures would work. I'll leave that to a more technical frau but you can certainly insert images in the usual way.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
SmartSelect_20220910-191650_Twitter.jpg

Nice one Jack, protect the identity of the housemate you are constantly posting about but not your actual child.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 91
Screenshot_20220910_191759.jpg

My Harold just walked in and asked what was wrong with my face.

"She's cooking again"
"Ah"

Edit: beaten to the punch, sorry for double slopping the thread

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Spoiler: the pie, in fact, says “bald”

Edit - they also look like they’re filled with dog food. Another culinary triumph for Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Awesome and amazing work tender one. A non sarcastic THANKSPACEYOU. I’ve pasted from notes into a spoiler here before and it’s worked fine, but not with embedded pics, so a more knowledge frau than I will have to help with guidance on that. Please do wait til early in the new thread though so it gets maximum traction.

I can only imagine the combination of anger and incredulity you’ve experienced over the past week while compiling this, so genuinely- thank you again. I hope you can take a Jack-break soon! ❤
I had already decided to wait until the new thread was up in case things need altered.
TBH, if I didn’t have the actual screenshots nestling in a folder, I‘d doubt the evidence of my own eyes. I am almost in awe at her audacity. I want my name changed to Granny Agog.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Can't you just do that thing where you boil a tin of condensed milk? Keep meaning to try that but sure it's going to end with either a) Me eating an entire tin of condensed milk 'caramel', or b) the kitchen ceiling being taken out by an exploding tin of condensed milk. Neither are great, tbh.

Gotta stash them SOMEWHERE, eh?
To be honest you probably could, I think he wanted the challenge of making it per the recipe but slightly regretted it by the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Mr Dogs has spent much of the day making a Pumble from a Tom Kerridge recipe. I can report it was very good, but apparently a bit of faff to make as you needed to make your own treacle toffee. I’m not going to suggest he makes Jack’s Pumble though.
Is this the apple pumble, I was debating making this myself

Reactions: 9
The bubble in the O is making me heave 🤢

Screenshot_20220910_192411.jpg

Edit: goat, you just get me, and I don't mean that you annoy me, I mean you understand me 😂

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1569106

My Harold just walked in and asked what was wrong with my face.

"She's cooking again"
"Ah"

Edit: beaten to the punch, sorry for double slopping the thread
Wouldn’t someone who can cook put those letters made of dough on top of the pie (whatever it is) with its normal pie ‘roof’, instead of just sticking them directly on top of whatever’s inside and leaving it all exposed?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Wouldn’t someone who can cook put those letters made of dough on top of the pie (whatever it is) with its normal pie ‘roof’, instead of just sticking them directly on top of whatever’s inside and leaving it all exposed?
She didn't make enough pastry.

Is anyone making a new thread? I've not done it before. 😬

Reactions: 15
Hmm 🤨🤨🤨

I’ve read about Camembert Guy’s business ages ago in the newspaper, it had quite a bit of press. His business is located within an unusual local interest site, that I meant to visit (and typically never did coz lazy). Why is a smart, innovative guy like him hanging out with grifter Monroe? It’ll end in tears, mark my words!
He resigned as a director last year according to Companies House!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
That bubble of egg wash in the ‘O’ of Jonny is giving me the boak, and all.
I wish she'd waited until they were cooked before sharing a picture. I do know they'll still be disgusting but it would have been less obvious. Every time she cooks anything Master of House from Les Mis goes through my head, specifically the lines:

"Food beyond compare. Food beyond belief
Mix it in a mincer and pretend it's beef
Kidney of a horse, liver of a cat
Filling up the sausages with this and that"

Now I come to think of it some of the other lyrics are quite appropriate too.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.