Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Everybody does. Jack is a local hero doncha know?
She was carried into the pharmacy by a crowd of adoring poors. The leader of the poors, a rough cockney man who looks much older than his years, addressed the pharmacist "begging your pardon, miss, can you save little Jack for us? She's all that stands between us and being forced to toil in evil Mr Bighams fancy ready meal factory. He's a very cruel man and beats us with sticks. Little Jack saved us with her slop and we'd be lost without her"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
You have to laugh. She really thinks twitter is her career, doesn't she?

Also, what pharmacist would ask about your work / life balance in relation to a sore throat?!

And vocal rest?!? You're not Elaine Paige, my love.

• Haha
Reactions: 117

pineapplefish

Hi! Lurker since April finally decided to join after a friend and I wondered how first we realised we both disliked jack. (Since June 2020, when my friend asked what I thought! see the receipt of our mutual origin story.)
I admired her to begin with, she came on my radar in 2013 when a friend made a vat of disgusting kale pesto that was one of her recipes. Strangely that didn’t put me off her, I thought my friend must have messed up the recipe. I was amazed by her meal costings and bought A Girl Named Jack, feeling like it could be an answer to helping me support my child as a single parent. Her story was inspiring, and gave me hope, especially as it seemed to have a happy ending with her as an author and public figure campaigning against poverty. But when I opened the book, I found most of the recipes unusable and realised her costings were based on bulk buying. To try a recipe would have involved spending much more than she suggested. So I put it aside but still held her in high regard, and continued to believe her spiel. Even offered her multiple well paid jobs when I had a chance to - no reply which I was slightly offended by, especially since she often complained about her finances.
Since then the irritation and dissonance has mounted. A turning point was when she suggesting curing fish with tinned pineapple, hence my username!
I found this forum when my fellow Jack sceptic shared a subtweet (by a bluetick) that seemed to be about Jack, referring to her as a grifter. I was mystified by what the grift could be… cue an all-nighter that led me to the Tattle wiki!
I was surprised to find that Tattle - this board at least since it’s the only one I read - wasn’t the horrible, petty place that I’d imagined it was from what I’d heard. This place feels like a sanctuary of sanity, a place to find an antidote to Jacks gaslighting. It’s soothing! Thank you all for the truth, the thoughtfulness and the laughs!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 116

hooplifehero

Chatty Member
On an aside, HAS anyone ever actually seen JM and Penny Red in the same room?
Are we SURE they're not actually the same person?
I'm struggling to believe they wouldn't cancel each other out and cause an Anomaly if they truly both existed AND within the SE England. :unsure:
I have met Penny Red🔺 a few times in this mad life - her first words to me were “what are your pronouns”, and her last were “we must hang out”

reader, we did not hang out ever again

if the above sounds like parody it’s actually true

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 110

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
She'll be punching things like that time she went mental in the pictures on account of a The Poverty flashback during I, Daniel Blake,
“I slunk down The Mall, past the crumpled bus tickets discarded by poorly-shod infants. As I approached the gates of the palace, I let out a howl and punched the base of the statute of Queen Victoria, then collapsed, sobbing, curling myself into a ball. A man quietly sidled up to me, offered me a werthers original, whispering “thank you Jack, for all you do” I looked up for a chair to throw, or a radiator to rip off a wall when I stopped, slack jawed. I’d been speechless a few times and in many fictitious emotionally overblown scenarios before, but...Krishnan, mate I stuttered.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106

kachoochoo

VIP Member
what kind of pharmacist tells you to drink sage tea instead of selling you strepsils? a fictional one, that's what

and vocal rest? you're not fucking mariah carey, love

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
705C2546-2AB2-41C8-8293-550FE7BFEF05.jpeg

WHERE is the investigative journalism naming and shaming Jack Monroe for her non-transparent fundraising for charity, and appeals for donations to her personal PayPal account for legal fees, cookbook ‘donations’ and website repairs, please? The press are utterly fucking nonchalantly complicit in this absolute, flagrant, corruption at this point. NAME HER.

*Fixed it for you, Jack. The brass balls/cognitive dissonance is just astounding. She’s got more front than Blackpool, this one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100