Jack Monroe #391 There are still copies of Good Food for Bad Days up for grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am actually unwell today (menopausal PMT duck everyone). I did not make pies. I ordered pizza.
I’m literally just off the phone to ask my mum what age she went through the menopause at as I think I’m starting it too. I’ve just clicked that the sweats I’ve been having recently are most likely hot flushes. Looking up the other signs, I think that’s what it is. Will the doctor, or a very friendly pharmacist do a test or do I just have to accept this is potentially my life now?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m literally just off the phone to ask my mum what age she went through the menopause at as I think I’m starting it too. I’ve just clicked that the sweats I’ve been having recently are most likely hot flushes. Looking up the other signs, I think that’s what it is. Will the doctor, or a very friendly pharmacist do a test or do I just have to accept this is potentially my life now?
Look up peri-menopause, see your gp and accept nothing. 💪 ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I'm losing it over the brush, in what world is hoovering harder than sweeping? Obviously the brush is lighter but you would have to use more pressure to sweep the carpet

My hoover isn't the best so I used to use old kitchen gloves to get the hair out, but that would hurt my wrists. I also tried a boot, again was hard on my wrists. Recently got two little brushes off amazon that work really well. It's satisfying in a gross way.

Reactions: 21
It’s also possible he does a hobby at weekends near his dad’s. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he was a member of a football club and would rather participate in that than spend the day with his mother ignoring him for Twitter and feeding him slop. I’ve known situations where weekend hobbies have become a bone of contention between split up parents, especially when one parent lives a bit of a distance away and doesn’t drive.
I can’t imagine it’s much fun for him over at her place at the moment, what with his weird granny bedroom, all the furniture being moved into two rooms, and his mum’s late-night shagathons on the couch with burger man. Grim. 😕

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Is anyone doing a new thread? I’ve never done one before but I don’t mind having a go- it might take me a little while tho and I have no idea about the next thread title suggestion.

Is an experienced frau already on it? I’ll try and ‘learn me’ 🤢 if not

ETA new thread title by a mile isThis is why people cook you on that gossip app innit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She copes by ensuring that it’s all a pack of lies, squig.

66E99550-BE94-42EA-942E-0CAAF207B5A7.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 99
So far I’ve counted support from three blue tick accounts, her lawyer, Janey bliddy Godley and the ripper woman. Have I missed anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Hope the mods won‘t mind this brief Merail x (edited: said kind not mind)

Tests are generally unreliable and not required (see the NICE guidelines in the UK). I always recommend looking up Dr Louise Newson & getting her Haynes Manual (yes the car people!) on Menopause. She debunks the nonsense around HRT. It’s changed my life and has helped friends too. I was really struggling with all symptoms (bar hot flushes,) and now estrogen gel, micronised progesterone and foof cream™️ have made a HUGE positive difference. Be prepared to research and then be firm with your GP. All the best x

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Right! I’m officially as pointless as tastebuds at Jack’s house. Ive been searching and searching and cannot even manage to find/get to this mythical yellow button in Yel’s guide

F99976EC-ED30-47B2-8290-1643C9671FF5.jpeg

Can another frau do it and I’ll learn in time for the next new thread?! Sorry to let you all down, tender ones.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Look up peri-menopause, see your gp and accept nothing. 💪 ❤
Thank you very much. Im sorry to go massively off topic but one thing that’s just popped up is false appetite and hunger and let me tell you, I’m bleeping ravenous for two weeks of the month and I’m now just putting the pieces together.
my mum was in her 50s when she started, as I thought - and she just confirmed this. My sister is early 50s and not a single sign of it yet. I’m early 40s so didn’t really think this was the start of it.
i will maybe monitor it for another month or so and make an appointment. I’ve never met my GP before - haven’t needed a doc since registering at this practice a few years ago. I hope they’re nice and gently cup my face.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Right! I’m officially as pointless as tastebuds at Jack’s house. Ive been searching and searching and cannot even manage to find/get to this mythical yellow button in Yel’s guide

View attachment 1569323
Can another frau do it and I’ll learn in time for the next new thread?! Sorry to let you all down, tender ones.
I’m trying. Never done one before. It’ll end in chaos, so apologies in advance.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you very much. Im sorry to go massively off topic but one thing that’s just popped up is false appetite and hunger and let me tell you, I’m bleeping ravenous for two weeks of the month and I’m now just putting the pieces together.
my mum was in her 50s when she started, as I thought - and she just confirmed this. My sister is early 50s and not a single sign of it yet. I’m early 40s so didn’t really think this was the start of it.
i will maybe monitor it for another month or so and make an appointment. I’ve never met my GP before - haven’t needed a doc since registering at this practice a few years ago. I hope they’re nice and gently cup my face.
Just to add to my earlier post, peri menopause can last up to 10 years. I’m still peri menopausal (🔺I’m 50) but had symptoms for at least 5 years. Memory problems, extreme mood swings, joint pain & sleep disturbance were the worst. GP’s tend to try to fob you off with antidepressants. Aaargh. I persevered and got HRT (the good stuff, not the crap dated tablets). I’m not in the pay of Big HRT (but I’d love to be. Hit me up lads x)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Let’s try this

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.