Jack Monroe #391 There are still copies of Good Food for Bad Days up for grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once a year my pharmacist, not always the same person, takes me into his/her consulting room where they ask me if I understand my meds and am I having any side effects, if it is the right time of year they then remind me to have the flu jab, never, ever have they asked anything of my working/home life. That said I’m neither a smol pixie nor a famous pov campaigner but I have seen Queen Elizabeth, in close up, twice and a couple of times when she passed in her car.
Same here.
In my case it is steroids, which I take a lot of. On occasion a pharmacist will take me to one side when handing over my medicines. They just ask if everything is OK and if I've had the blood tests and bone scan I have annually. They too use the opportunity to remind me of my flu jab.
Occasionally you get into a bit of a chat but I've never talked about work or home life and no one has ever suggested I rest for 48 hours because I'm such a precious smol pixie.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Can we not ignore that Content chewed through an electrical wire?!

Puppies chew, yep, they get itchy teeth and it's how they explore the world, but it's your job as their owner to provide safe spaces to do this, and discipline to stop them being destructive. Jack is a terrible pet owner. She's lucky the hoover wasn't plugged in.

(She really makes me angry with her pet neglect.)
Let’s hope puppy hasn’t ingested wire, big vet bill on the horizon

• Sad
Reactions: 18
If Action Fraud do anything. They told me it was a no-go.
I wonder if you'd have to be directly affected in order for them to act. If it's been reported by a previous donor with receipts it might be taken more seriously.

Reactions: 24
I wonder if you'd have to be directly affected in order for them to act. If it's been reported by a previous donor with receipts it might be taken more seriously.
It was back when T Mill happened, after a while they said it didn’t meet the threshold or something.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I thought her oven was broken?
Oy vey!
I thought her oven was broken?
THIS! An inconsistency or…. She’s going to cook them by:
A) leaving in lemon juice in fridge
B) microwave in a bowl covered in cling film
C) fry in egg
D) pop in a plastic bag in the kettle
E) build a fire of eucalyptus wood
F) pop in a hay oven full of (rather than hay) content’s fur scrapped by broom from the carpet using her crumbly ickle joints

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oi

THIS! An inconsistency or…. She’s going to cook them by:
A) leaving in lemon juice in fridge
B) microwave in a bowl covered in cling film
C) fry in egg
D) pop in a plastic bag in the kettle
E) build a fire of eucalyptus wood
F) pop in a hay oven full of (rather than hay) content’s fur scrapped by broom from the carpet using her crumbly ickle joints
Dear heart, surely she'll just soak them in the juice from a tin of pineapple chunks. Cooks anything, apparently.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Breaking news:

Lodger has just text replied:
I quote,
"Jack, please, I've told you, I don't mind paying double... Just don't make.me eat any more of your "cooking", the Dr said that one more stomach pump might rupture something."

• Haha
Reactions: 34
No pharmacist would ever recommend TCP mouthwashes. It’s a disinfectant ffs.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.