Jack Monroe #391 There are still copies of Good Food for Bad Days up for grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it SB's dog and is only there when he is? :unsure:
Good point - she wasn’t bothered about sharing the phone number on the dog tag (the ex’s?) and content is usually only seen when SB is 🤔 I wouldn’t trust her to look after a dog so good it has SB to look after it.

Reactions: 25
Just another of her toe-curling expressions that make you wish you’d never learned to read. I think it means ‘look I did an amazing thing’ like we’d maybe use ‘ta-da!’ I mean I’m trying to explain it but it’s clear I don’t really know. 😆
She used it in its singular form when she was suing everyone.

WOMP THERES ANOTHER ONE…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Then tell you in some detail about a dream she had that was "really weird".
When they get older they turn into the kind of person who tell you about trips where they narrowly and miraculously escaped death. They love telling urban myths and those kind of people nearly made me write a book of collected stories with the title "...and the bomb was meant for me"... because I experienced it numerous times that absolutely boring and very unimportant people would tell me that they narrowly escaped an attack. It just makes me think how all these irrelevant people are constantly persecuted and in imminent danger...

Reactions: 21
Pack of random offcuts designed for stews. You get lumps plus bits of rashers - random mix of smoked and unsmoked. It is a thing.
Remember she said ‘you sometimes get lucky and get some artisan smoked stuff’
How the duck would you know? It looks and sounds like it’s a vacuum packed load of unruly labias.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Rich disableds use a Shark or Dyson stick Hoover that’s lightweight and easy to move.
I even bought an off brand little gadget for mine which holds the button down on my dyson so I don’t have to clench my hand for the duration. #hoteshack
The Miele C3 has been my favourite vacuumto date. Has a retractable cord to avoid chewing incidents and even has a curtain attachment so you can vacuum your Strawberry Thief window coverings. Honestly the best vacuum cleaner I've ever owned. It's even better than a garden broom, Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Mr Dogs has spent much of the day making a Pumble from a Tom Kerridge recipe. I can report it was very good, but apparently a bit of faff to make as you needed to make your own treacle toffee. I’m not going to suggest he makes Jack’s Pumble though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Poor guy. He’s being sucked into the narc sphere at this point. She’s telling him that she just loves the same average middle aged guy bands as he does, and will no doubt be endlessly flattering his ego by telling him he’s turned a lesbian. I’m sure things feel great at this stage, and the first time he has to cut time short with his friends due to a chaos will be just fine. He won’t mind because it’s love. Third time however? Or when she tells just one too many jokes about engagement rings or poking holes in condoms? Things will end as quickly as they started.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
She spoke to the pharmacist, who probably gave her a very standard speech she/he gives about looking after your health and not overdoing stuff. Jack took this as a personalised plea to gently, softly slow down because she’s so precious and important to the country.
We’ve already lost one Queen, we simply cannot afford to lose another. Go well, smol one, go well and rest.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Mr Dogs has spent much of the day making a Pumble from a Tom Kerridge recipe. I can report it was very good, but apparently a bit of faff to make as you needed to make your own treacle toffee. I’m not going to suggest he makes Jack’s Pumble though.
Can't you just do that thing where you boil a tin of condensed milk? Keep meaning to try that but sure it's going to end with either a) Me eating an entire tin of condensed milk 'caramel', or b) the kitchen ceiling being taken out by an exploding tin of condensed milk. Neither are great, tbh.

The spoons 🦉🍾
Gotta stash them SOMEWHERE, eh?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Further to the very valid fundraising questions. Nothing sums up the absolute outrage of her opaque methods of fundraising more than the Ralf Little “but she gives it all to the Trussell Trust” or however he put it. Casual people (like the stupid squig replying to her about unnecessary flying on her day of the Dublin jaunt) really do think she is Saint Jackie giving all that cash to the respectable organisation that is Trussell Trust - who should be horrified and ashamed at being used as a shield and deflection for the personal grift.

Incidently - I have a very close family member that is a leftie lesbian chef 🔺and she rarely has the time or patience for tv cookery. She occasionally catches up with Great British Menu but the only one she watches every year is the Bake Off Professionals (Crème de la Crème as I think it was once called). She messaged me recently wowing over a couple of Nadias recipes she had caught by pure accident and thought they looked and sounded great! Further to this conversation, I asked her if she had heard of Jack Monroe - in relation to making a quick chilli with cooked tins of beans - and she had literally never heard of “him”. The moral of the story is, she really isn’t as well known as she thinks she is. Even with people you would think would have heard of her.
I find this too.
I've spoken before about my friend who is a chef with her own restaurant. She had never heard of Jack until I asked her opinion of her. She keeps up to date with what she calls 'chef politics ' and takes an interest in anyone up and coming. If you asked her opinion on where to go for a nice meal she always says someone really obscure and says to go there before they get famous and prices skyrocket.
Never heard of Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Poor guy. He’s being sucked into the narc sphere at this point. She’s telling him that she just loves the same average middle aged guy bands as he does, and will no doubt be endlessly flattering his ego by telling him he’s turned a lesbian. I’m sure things feel great at this stage, and the first time he has to cut time short with his friends due to a chaos will be just fine. He won’t mind because it’s love. Third time however? Or when she tells just one too many jokes about engagement rings or poking holes in condoms? Things will end as quickly as they started.
I wonder if she’ll rewrite the now-rewritten original dedication to deliciously ordinary ex OH in her new book which according to her at time of writing meant he still had to be with her next spring.

I wouldn’t bother Jack. If you do, by the time it comes out you’ll only end up having to re-re-rewrite the re-rewrite. Comes to something when your (continuity) hair has more continuity than your partner-based book dedications.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Well Mark Lewis’ tweet came just at exactly the right time. I now have a folder containing 31 screenshots which I will somehow reduce to a handful. I have over 200 in a related folder in case anyone is mad enough to require additional receipts. I am now ready to put together a timeline for Jack versus Lee Anderson, Lawrence Fox, Martin Daubney and a lad called Pat.
I’m not a technical Frau so, in order not to spam Tattle with the longest post in its history, how do I hide it behind a spoiler? Also does anyone know if I can write it in notes, including embedded screenshots, and drop it here or do I have to actually write it in the wee Tattle box?
I have visions of my internet connection going down half way through and having to start again from scratch.
ThankspaceYou

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.