Jack Monroe #389 She's like Boris but with worse hair

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once again, I don’t understand how this is at all helpful for anyone else. Want to see my meal plan? It’s a mixture of stuff I buy, things from my freezer and from my cupboard. Helpful to anyone?
except when I shop it will cost about £60-70 and feed all 3 of us, 3 times a day and a cat. Includes things like real milk and teabags (they’re never on the list are they?) and yogurts for everyone.
And I will probably buy some more bread and milk in the week.

Reactions: 51
Christ alive, what's pickled her pumble this time?

*Wondering if the most recent Patreon payout was a bit of a pisser.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Do you think the cheese was bought blue or she just left it in there too long. Thrifty!

Genuinely think you could make a novelty meal generator to throw together combinations of random words and they'd be about as appetising. In fact I'm convinced that's how she's doing it.
Don't we have a slop bot for that?

Also, I don't know what a ragu is admittedly, but I don't like the idea of a chicken liver one

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She's liked this, which suggests she's doubling down on her allegation that that parking ticket account has been harassing her for years

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.00.21.png

in context -
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 17.58.01.png

She's also liked this for which she has SOME NERVE considering she never tagged that twisted doodle account when she posted their work and ALSO the time where she literally cropped the watermark off a professional photographer's photo of the 'Big House' to make it look like she had taken the photo. #neverforget

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.00.09.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Did anyone calorie/cost check that week of 42 meticulously costed meals and snacks for 3 she did a few months ago?? I know some of the Frau have cal counted one of recipes before but I’ve not seen anything about her week plan

Here you go, go well pal x

Reactions: 20
Jack because I know you read here, why don’t you ask your publishers to add this as the strap line for your next recipe book. Gives a real sense of the personality behind the food.

9E425959-542F-429E-9A64-F4348A4919AE.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
This delightful squig is slowly and F O R E N S I C A L L Y demolishing Jack’s “years of harassment” Tweet at Parking Co. Marvellous.

8E1A7CE7-8123-4F03-BEB4-3E4D2F121791.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
On my train home and pondering Jack's whole 'I don't chuck out food and buy fresh the next week, do you?!' responses when asked about the £20 shop.

Has it ever ever ever occurred to her that some people (and I count myself amongst them) buy exactly the amount of food they will need for the week and- barring oil, butter and some dried herbs- use it all up? I do it because I can't abide waste.

Plenty do it because they literally can't afford to have a bleeping Aladdin's cave of food to 'top up' their shop. Their shop is exactly what they have bought for the week. No leftovers.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I’m haven’t eaten meat since I was 4 years old so maybe my tastebuds aren’t calibrated but the idea of the sage and onion, prune and chicken meatloaf is very disturbing in the following categories
Flavour
Texture
Smell
Shape

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Jack you are woefully unequipped to create diabetic menus for anyone. You don't know the difference between 1 and 2, you don't know anything about the disease's many manifestations, and you will end up harming someone. When you are asked for something like this, be more Nigella and respond with "Sorry, this isn't my skillset." People only ask you for 'diabetic recipes' (clue: there's no such thing, really!) because you have given them the impression that you can do this in the past. You cannot. You don't even realise that low-carb meals are more of a type 2 thing and that people with type 1 will usually only need to balance their carb intake with the requisite amount of insulin.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.13.15.png

Have you tried this, Jack? It's a new function I think you might be interested in 🥰

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.13.35.png

I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt lmao

Screenshot 2022-09-06 at 18.15.29.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
So that's why Slopbot was so knackered this morning! He didn't even want to be disturbed for his broccoli pasta. Poor lad, she's been hitting refresh on him all night. He would like to express that jolly eggs were not his idea but we will be stealing them for the next update, Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
On my train home and pondering Jack's whole 'I don't chuck out food and buy fresh the next week, do you?!' responses when asked about the £20 shop.

Has it ever ever ever occurred to her that some people (and I count myself amongst them) buy exactly the amount of food they will need for the week and- barring oil, butter and some dried herbs- use it all up? I do it because I can't abide waste.

Plenty do it because they literally can't afford to have a bleeping Aladdin's cave of food to 'top up' their shop. Their shop is exactly what they have bought for the week. No leftovers.
On some things I think she does have a point, the ones you said plus stuff like normal size packets pasta and rice or multipacks of tins which often work out cheaper per tin while still being fairly accessible. (Unlike eg buying 10kg of rice in one go which will be out of the reach of many people)

It’s her lack of transparency about it combined with the random exotic store cupboard ingredients most people wouldn’t have and the seeming tons of frozen meat/fish that annoys me, especially as like with her costing generally she’s called out others for doing it wrong then does the same bloody thing.

Reactions: 31
Did anyone calorie/cost check that week of 42 meticulously costed meals and snacks for 3 she did a few months ago?? I know some of the Frau have cal counted one of recipes before but I’ve not seen anything about her week plan
A couple of people did the most recent one. Here and here.

Reactions: 14
Jack you are woefully unequipped to create diabetic menus for anyone. You don't know the difference between 1 and 2, you don't know anything about the disease's many manifestations, and you will end up harming someone. When you are asked for something like this, be more Nigella and respond with "Sorry, this isn't my skillset." People only ask you for 'diabetic recipes' (clue: there's no such thing, really!) because you have given them the impression that you can do this in the past. You cannot. You don't even realise that low-carb meals are more of a type 2 thing and that people with type 1 will usually only need to balance their carb intake with the requisite amount of insulin.
The fact she doesn't realise bananas are one of the worst fruits if you are low carb says it all. And I still want to know where you can buy dark chocolate that is sugar free and a 12 year old would eat and not hate you for life

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.