Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ alive, she's going to poison them...

HOW LONG DO PICKLED RADISHES LAST?
Pickled radishes will last for approximately 4 months, unopened, in the fridge. Once opened, use within 1-2 weeks and keep refrigerated.

These easy pickled radishes are quick to make and will enhance any food you serve it with. Perfectly sweet, tangy and delicious!
View attachment 1543118

View attachment 1543119

HOW TO PICKLE RADISHES
  1. Prepare the radishes: Wash radishes well and remove leaves and stems. Slice the radishes thinly and place in a sterilized jar.
  2. Make the pickling liquid: Heat vinegar, spices, sugar and salt in a saucepan until boiling then pour over the radishes.
  3. Seal and store: Seal the jar and allow to cool. Allow the radishes to pickle for at least 2-3 days but up to 4 months in the fridge.
View attachment 1543120

Pickled radishes will last for approximately 4 months, unopened, in the fridge. Once opened, use within 1-2 weeks and keep refrigerated.

And those ones look nothing like arseholes. Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
PS I’m also irritated that it takes no issue with her Jeremy Kyle shite- almost lauds it as JM being clear she’s MC in fact
I'd been wondering why this link had been posted, it's certainly come up before and the Canal had been unimpressed for all the reasons Vali gives above - but this last bit is interesting in view of the current 'Guardian journalists made me say track suits'. It is the shift between Jack Monroe's original stance of 'I'm middle class and fell through the welfare cracks' and her current positioning of a working class hero forged in the crucible of class struggle.

Reactions: 42
Christ alive, she's going to poison them...

These easy pickled radishes are quick to make and will enhance any food you serve it with. Perfectly sweet, tangy and delicious!
View attachment 1543118

View attachment 1543119

HOW TO PICKLE RADISHES
  1. Prepare the radishes: Wash radishes well and remove leaves and stems. Slice the radishes thinly and place in a sterilized jar.
  2. Make the pickling liquid: Heat vinegar, spices, sugar and salt in a saucepan until boiling then pour over the radishes.
  3. Seal and store: Seal the jar and allow to cool. Allow the radishes to pickle for at least 2-3 days but up to 4 months in the fridge.
View attachment 1543120

Everything she touches turns to pulp - food, books, you name it.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Avo on toast that's spread with marmite, little sprinkle of chilli flakes or a hot sauce is a lovely thing ☺.

You can keep pickles for that length of time but not with a 50/50 ratio of vinegar to water like she has, you run the risk of it going stagnant 😬. Needs to be full acidity to preserve it for that long.
Are you saying that Jack Monroe has served her publishers stagnant, pickled arseholes for lunch? :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
He's managed to give one out of two away but is really struggling to get shot of the second. Really makes you think...

Screenshot_20220831-165156.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Why were they there I wonder. Do publishers normally do home visits?
No. You normally go into the office to discuss edits or the ad campaign or whatever.

My theory is they told her to stfu on Twitter. And they thought it would be gentler and easier to contain if they went to her rather than getting her to come in. The last week has been an absolute catastrophe for the Jack Monroe brand. Molly, her appearance in Edinburgh (when she couldn’t even remember the core concept of the book they were supposed to be discussing - and this was supposed to be a promo for her new book not a rehash of an old one), the bonkers middle of the night shagfest, the attack on a disabled man. It’s a total car crash.

We know they left before 1pm because Content was drinking out of one of their glasses. And she’s been silent since. 4 hours and no tweets.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 77
Probably indulging her on some level. They seem to treat her like the company pet. She's probably got pictures of them having sex with farm animals or something.
It’s the only way she get anybody round for a spot of lunch.

I mean, who would willingly eat snot and nipples on toast? Where did she get the thinly sliced nipple anyway? 🤔

Maybe the six hour stud never made it home? I think somebody needs to check under her patio tbh and check locally for missing males.

If they were last seen on cctv at maccies drive through, or the local 24hr garage buying johnnies and ear plugs, I’d say she’s bang to rights.

Call the fuzz.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I have to say I am relieved & grateful for the gentle respite of some good, old fashioned slop to laugh at. A pickled radish palate cleanser.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
And I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve pulled her out of Bristol on Saturday.
That's a good spot. They've certainly not wanted her doing a train chaos by yomping over to the office and then worse coming back post news. I wonder if they've just told her to take a pause for "a while" and then they can softly, softly, gently review things in the new year.

Reactions: 35
Really want to know how many people were on the publishing team.
Imagine a fresh faced intern tagging along to go the house of a famous food writer for brunch only to be served
View attachment 1542820

"these cherry tomatoes taste...interesting" you say weakly.

"Ah that'll be because I fried them" Jack grins like a Cheshire cat as you eye them dubiously.

"In cheese"

<camera pans into horrified pupil of eager intern before fading fully to black>
Sweet Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the little donkey. Are those translucent things radish. That knife and fork looks none to clean.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Haha I’d love it if they’d told her to shut the duck up. A publisher intervention!
Who’s keeping an eye on the socks?

Reactions: 23
"You can DM if you prefer- all books will be shipped in discreet packaging"
"We'll even include a free book by a different author to help spare your blushes and disguise your purchase from your spouse".

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.