Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But how easy is it to cancel Patreon? I’ve seen lots of squiggs Tweeting ‘I’ve emailed to try and cancel please can you help me Jack’. Are they confused? Or does JM actually have to cancel / close subscriptions? If so there may be little change.

(Never used Patreon myself so intrigued by the process)
@Veronicaaa said this too - I think in that instance it’s someone who is acting on behalf of a community group so doesn’t have access to the email used therefore the Patreon account itself, but idk why this person isn’t just cancelling the pre-approved payment via their bank? 🥴 You’d hope for the majority of cases where it’s the original subscriber with access to their email & phone number for 2FA it’ll be relatively manageable? :/ we shall see!

Reactions: 34
The frying in cheese has to be a typo right? She must have meant the cheese was separate. Right?

Right? <aneurysmly>
I bet it's that powdered cheese. She only buys plastic cheese slices, Greek salad cheese (fake feta), and the powdered stuff.

The whole combination sounds so gross. She really cannot put together reasonable food combinations at all.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
SB is sitting on the sofa, like he's a polite guest, my 11yr old nephew lounges with his feet up and I know used to lie around with my feet up at that age. I feel very sorry for SB, especially if he's noticing whether Jack is happy or not, I honestly never thought about my mum or dad's feelings at his age, because I was so secure around them and protected by them that I never needed to have any awareness of their feelings. I didn't have to protect them or modify my behaviour because I was scared of what might happen. I hope I've articulated that properly, I wasn't a naughty child, I just felt so secure that I never needed to worry about my parents and no child should have to.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Quick recap.
No monopoly..Martin dissed her.
She listed her ailments on twitter it was a 40 long thread..
She didn't say something to a reporter even though she did she definitely didn't.

Burger -le Bill still hasn't come back 😕 maybe he's joined the fight in Ukraine
She's still basking in us Tattlers salty tears 😢 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I'm still grunking because the chaos just never seems to end these days! But that claim about her secret consultancy work for big food chains is an absolute whopper. Not the burger.

There are thousands and thousands of trained chefs out there who companies could go to for consultancy who are far more qualified than Jack who (correct me if I'm wrong) has had no formal training. Literally the only thing she would have had going for her would have been her name recognition. So it makes absolutely no sense that these companies would hire someone totally underqualified who is only a thing because of her profile, but then demand that her involvement is secret.

Idiot.
Jack spent over a year riding on Leggy's coattails, so she should have picked up something. After all she did cook for Mary Portas.

But the cutlery looks like she has been using if for hot knives and forgot to clean it afterwards.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Reactions: 15
How much of a faff would it be to do eggy bread for loads of people in a non-professional setting? Just sheer logistics. Someone's eating first, or someone's eggy bread has gone cold etc.

Like Pancake Day, or the very worst, when the whole family wants a poached egg.
Not if you have...say, a five burner stove and five nice frying pans. A warming oven drawer. Makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I just don’t understand why there are so many ingredients and flavours, and all in a confusing order too? Why avo (smashed) AND spinach (creamed)? Why radishes (pickled, aged) AND tomatoes (chilli cheese fried, wtf)? Why egg damply combined with bread?

A better combo that contains many of the original flavours but in a less unhinged way would be regular toast (buttered), avo with chilli flakes, tomatoes sautéed in olive oil and balsamic, with a scrambled or poached egg. No aeons old radishes needed. If she’s desperate to include the cheese and the spinach, you could wilt it down with a bit of parmesan, salt and pepper, but you really don’t need to.

She truly is the insane bunger-inner of all who dare to call themselves a cook.
When you think about food poverty and budgeting this also shows an utter disregard to the issue.

She could have just made eggy bread. Then saved the other ingredients for a salad; with some of the freezer fish to create another meal. The greens, tomatoes, avocado and cheese would be lovely with some protein. We know she has chicken in her freezer. It is so wasteful.

Not to mention that the team probably would have been happy with a coffee and a biscuit!

Reactions: 42
The memes are still going on Twitter. I don’t think she’ll ever live down the rinsed hoops going viral

E83377DA-36FB-471C-B715-16A55B51FD4D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 85
When you think about food poverty and budgeting this also shows an utter disregard to the issue.

She could have just made eggy bread. Then saved the other ingredients for a salad; with some of the freezer fish to create another meal. The greens, tomatoes, avocado and cheese would be lovely with some protein. We know she has chicken in her freezer. It is so wasteful.

Not to mention that the team probably would have been happy with a coffee and a biscuit!
Ah, but you're forgetting that the phrase 'less is more' never applies to Jack ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Recap:

On Twitter, Jack was picked up on the vile language she used in a 2013 Guardian interview (" I've not been brought up on benefits and a tracksuit watching Jeremy Kyle. I'm a middle class, well educated young woman who fell a bit by the way side. You think it doesn't happen to normal people, and you think we are all scumbags, eating burgers and watching day time TV. It can happen to anyone." )

Jack claimed this was merely her repeating a question from a journalist back to them. However, clever squigs soon found the original source, which was a speech she gave at the House of Commons which happened before the Guardian interview.

Jack listed the eleventy-four things she uses to help her with her chronic pain including some unusual pain medication combinations

Jack's publishing team have allegedly visited her this morning and been treated to a mushtastic combination of mashed avocado on egg bread.
Why does no-one in a position of influence pick up on how incredibly insulting 'normal people' is? It shows her hand precisely and yet no-one noticed? I assume, because they all think the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The cutlery gives me the boak more than anything else. I’m really picky about it for some reason. Can’t be too big or too small and it really needs to be as plain as possible. (Also I insisted on eating afters with a teaspoon until I was quite an embarrassing age.)
42 and still eat afters with a teaspoon.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
“Yes OK we’ll add ground up Doritos to the burger patties. Just don’t TELL anyone ok?”
Just avoid the spicy Pringles or your customers will look like they’ve had a trip to Vie Aesthetics.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The memes are still going on Twitter. I don’t think she’ll ever live down the rinsed hoops going viral

View attachment 1542957
One day they'll talk of this the way talk about taxes bringing down Capone. She'll be mentioned and some sentient clippy will pipe up "ACTUALLY, it was rinsed hoops that took down Monroe not her financial dealings".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Jack spent over a year riding on Leggy's coattails, so she should have picked up something. After all she did cook for Mary Portas.

But the cutlery looks like she has been using if for hot knives and forgot to clean it afterwards.
I only learnt what hot knives means from rewatching Peep Show yesterday ! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Three days later, squigg is tweeting from hospital after they tripped over the dog in the stygian gloom. 🙄
Wonder how long before the cost of the solar lights will be covered by the amount saved in electricity? Probably a year or two, judging by our Smart meter.

I bet it's that powdered cheese. She only buys plastic cheese slices, Greek salad cheese (fake feta), and the powdered stuff.

The whole combination sounds so gross. She really cannot put together reasonable food combinations at all.
We tried some of those Smart Price cheese slices in burgers recently and even husband said they were inedible. Threw the rest of the pack away.
They just ain't right, them ones.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
It’s a good article though brought about, no doubt, by the raised profile of Mick Lynch and others who believe we are in a class war.
Middle class colonist just sums Monroe up. Along with many others.
I liked it and am now all flashy eyed and gnashy toothed. Vive la Revolution, PAL.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dunno about anyone else but I can’t grunk fast enough anymore to keep up with her nonsense, there really aren’t enough hours in a 100 hour working week to catch-up, it’s complete madness. I just see the latest thread, read the updates. Just wanted to say thanks to all the fraus who brilliantly and forensically recap for us, you are all heroes. and on we go to Jack’s latest hourly chaos,

Go well pals, another thread begins, what treats are in store for us next….toot toot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.