Jack Monroe #382 Any thicker she’d set (unlike her white sauce)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much of a faff would it be to do eggy bread for loads of people in a non-professional setting? Just sheer logistics. Someone's eating first, or someone's eggy bread has gone cold etc.

Like Pancake Day, or the very worst, when the whole family wants a poached egg.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
I wonder if this is the first time the publishing team have eaten any of her abominations.
It must be slowly dawning on them just what they have done unleashing her on the world.
Like John Hammond at the end of Jurassic Park.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Are they all toothless and over 80? Maybe mush on mush on mush with cheese-fried tomato mush and soggy radish appeals to people who struggle with chewing.
The frying in cheese has to be a typo right? She must have meant the cheese was separate. Right?

Right? <aneurysmly>

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
I wonder if the publishing team turned up with a typed up version of the book with the intention of sorting any final edits rather than Jack’s scraps of paper! Although I know that could all be performative.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Actually I was just thinking she did make a point of saying she got avocado's in her last shop. Given her portion sizes that pictured plate is probably for sharing among 4 (generously) so it's really impressive how many extra mouths she's feeding (on just 20 pounds!). She's such a hero.
With leftovers

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Has AM added her real first name to her bio or was that already there?

Edit: she added it a while back. Thanks for replying @Cucumberthunder 😊

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The frying in cheese has to be a typo right? She must have meant the cheese was separate. Right?

Right? <aneurysmly>
I can only assume she meant she fried them and then added some cheese and chili, but anything's possible???

Reactions: 18
Avocado and egg is a great combination. Personally I would have just stuck to that. All the other things just make it look a mess (and could be used for other meals, for people who are genuinely skint).

Reactions: 27
She definitely got the kid to come over specifically for the meeting with the publishers, didn’t she? To give the impression of a busy working single mum balancing everything and the stress of the 6 weeks holidays. And it would be much harder for them to tell her how it is with him sitting across the room.

He’s nothing but a prop to her and it’s so horrible to see.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Re Jack's recent behaviour, IMO any broadcaster who has her on their show is showing no regard for her welfare. She is clearly deeply unwell at the moment. Last time at least Louisa seemed to be around to help or mitigate the chaos, but now she's on her own (with a housemate when she's not allowed overnight guests!) there's no one to talk sense into her.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.