Jack Monroe #379 She really has no idea just how much of an arsehole she really is. Quite the skill.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing I'm a bit perplexed about is why she doesn't seem to ever truly apologise. An honest apology is such a powerful thing even if you might feel grim at having been a dick.
My psychologist recommended a podcast about DBT to me, and recently I listened to an episode about shame and guilt. They were describing guilt as an emotion that helps us to connect with people, especially when we have hurt people with our actions, and how guilt can help us to be accountable/heal/repair relationships. Guilt is 'I've done things that are against my moral values'. On the other hand, they were describing shame as disconnecting and corrosive, when shame is 'I'm bad, I'm a bad person' which is quite a reductive, black and white way to process. And even though guilt can be a more helpful difficult emotion, it can be much easier to feel shame instead. In my experience, it's harder to apologise from a place of shame because the only thing you're admitting is 'yes I am a terrible person'. Which is rarely true, people aren't straightforwardly bad or good.

Although granted repeated behaviour does suggest some people are indeed really not very nice....but anyway, I do think that for an honest apology you need to be able to acknowledge what you have done (and care about what you've done?). Rather than being mired in shame/in the 'you think I'm a BAD PERSON' mindset. And the way Jack retaliates/reacts seems more like that to me. Plus when you're in a hole of your own self-righteous indignation, quite hard to pull yourself out of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Yo Jack lemme help you out.

770 properties withing 10 miles of middlesbrough for far less than 100k
admittedly the first few pages will be properties offered at auction. but, you know, look harder and live within your means.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Is she honestly just completely ignoring what she said to Karl and chatting about house prices (yet) again?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
My psychologist recommended a podcast about DBT to me, and recently I listened to an episode about shame and guilt. They were describing guilt as an emotion that helps us to connect with people, especially when we have hurt people with our actions, and how guilt can help us to be accountable/heal/repair relationships. Guilt is 'I've done things that are against my moral values'. On the other hand, they were describing shame as disconnecting and corrosive, when shame is 'I'm bad, I'm a bad person' which is quite a reductive, black and white way to process. And even though guilt can be a more helpful difficult emotion, it can be much easier to feel shame instead. In my experience, it's harder to apologise from a place of shame because the only thing you're admitting is 'yes I am a terrible person'. Which is rarely true, people aren't straightforwardly bad or good.

Although granted repeated behaviour does suggest some people are indeed really not very nice....but anyway, I do think that for an honest apology you need to be able to acknowledge what you have done (and care about what you've done?). Rather than being mired in shame/in the 'you think I'm a BAD PERSON' mindset. And the way Jack retaliates/reacts seems more like that to me. Plus when you're in a hole of your own self-righteous indignation, quite hard to pull yourself out of that.
Would love to know the name of the podcast sounds up my street, pretty please? 🙏🏻

Reactions: 22
Why is she so obsessed with buying her own properly? Some people rent, get over it.
I honestly don’t understand. Such Tory vibes.

Now please let me alone. I’ve got the worst heartburn anyone has ever had and should be Dino-napping

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.