Jack Monroe #379 She really has no idea just how much of an arsehole she really is. Quite the skill.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS IS A TRAP! YOU'RE TRYING TO FEED US TO THE SEX JACK.
All i going to say if your'e doing nefarious things such as... * looking up oat nutrtional content filth* well quite frankly you deserve the sex tweets all of them ..i just hope tonight he stsys till at least daylight. Manners mate.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Maybe by "live" in a beach hut she meant buying a beach hut as a home away from home, to avoid getting scarlet lettered by the neighbours. They were already scandalised by Harold being over six foot tall, so God knows how they're handling this
I hope she manages to realise her dream of leaving it all behind to go and live in the Greek mountains as a goat herder. She can go and try to worry and offend goats. That won't end well. Goats are badasses.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
New thread alert! Toot Toot!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I hope she manages to realise her dream of leaving it all behind to go and live in the Greek mountains as a goat herder. She can go and try to worry and offend goats. That won't end well. Goats are badasses.
Jack managing to get signal in the village, ignoring the locals while she makes up goat drama for clicks. "Seems like a certain goat has been turning the herd against me, well what I say to that goat is etc"

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'd love the goats to rise up against Jack. Perhaps some kindly Essex goatherd could unleash some upon the crappy bungalow as a special treat. I think Iqbal would enjoy it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yikes - in residential care with physical disabilities - so Jack mocking him to 'go outside and touch some grass' is horrible.
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't read his bio. But she knows now.
It still won't make a difference. JM won't go back to Karl and apologize. Nor will the FMs.

Is that what they told you, hun, after you managed to make a morning slot about microwave cooking into a massive fact-free rant about how disabled people were going to have to turn off their dialysis machines and DIEEEEE in your wibbly wobbly voice? OK.

View attachment 1537429
Wow. JM reeeaaaalllly wants a permanent radio slot. Making excuses for radio talking heads who trampled Jack's Spoken Word Portrait of a Disabled Man. Too bad Jackeroo isn't any kinder to real people with disabilities. Makes you think.

Reactions: 21
I have to say, I think AM's piece was better than the new one.

This one's got a fair few errors (also Katie, hen, I'm begging you to re-read a style guide because your citations are mental and you need to proofread), and if it's looking to gain traction, embedding images of Jack's actual words like AM did is more effective. I'd really not call it an academic piece. It's a blog post with footnotes?
Agree. I do think that AM's has more punch and engages the reader better. Also, the new piece has baggage that makes it too easy to brush off--the GC-focused nature of the writer's Twitter is clear. So it is simply too easy for people who love Jack to dismiss the content as biased. Let Jack hang Jack using Jack's own words--that's part of why AM's is more successful as a piece.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.