Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posting from the past, hoping to catch up sometime before Christmas. The school holidays are plating havoc with my Tattling so apologies if this has been covered.

From what I'm seeing, lots of people are pointing to the fact that JM probably has more money than she likes to admit but has anybody actually pulled apart the hunger hurts II monologue? I've seen mention of the shampoo but has it been ridiculed line-by-line yet?

I'd like to think she's sulking in the crappy bungalow, lightbulbs piled up on the desk and solar lanterns in every room, just in case somebody pops round irl.
Oh @Feck dear heart you have no idea what’s ahead of you! Go well!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m obviously not saying she’s lying or anything, but
I’m pretty sure she had a Nokia 3310. I know we’ve spoken about this before but has she ever explained how she accomplished this? I might have missed something that would explain all this.
‘Not so the Nokia 3310. The daddy of texting, this could run three messages together for a whopping 459 characters. Sure, it could only store a handful of them, but it was groundbreaking.’
So she could write a few sentences at a time before needing to download them as the phone only had a tiny memory.
Questions.
1. If she wrote the whole book on the Nokia because she didn’t have a laptop, where did she keep downloading the three sentence sections to?
2. Would this mean she would write three sentences and download every time?
3. Couldn’t anyone have lent her a computer?
4. How was she writing and uploading her blog at the same time?
D0816BAE-0E3E-4A4D-9741-270DAA064665.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 82
And yet they did uphold that part of her story to an extent at the time by confirming there wasn't any "money in the pot" they had foster children with them at the time so there was a gentle suggestion they did have other children to take care of not just her and she needed to sort herself out...though any commentsl ike that by her mum were quickly deleted and ahe seemed to have a weird veiled contempt/ jealousy for the fostering.....of course this was shortly after she caused trouble and did herself out of a job at the FS which I gather was actually rather embarrassing for dear old dad at the time
I guess, but there's sorting out with a big chunk of money Vs letting move back home or getting them a weekly shop until benefits arrive. Like the managed to bring bags of shopping when she went to the foodbank etc.

Reactions: 21

It's one of the things that is vaguely possible. She's officially said it was a Nokia E72 - not exactly old at the time, it was about 2 years out from general release. More expensive than getting a 3GS (£13.50/month from O2 once the iPhone 5 came out in 2013 - a hell of a stepup for me after years of Virgin Contract free PAYG), but it did have a colour screen and QWERTY buttons like a Blackberry, along with the facility for adding Micro SD storage. It was very much a business targeted model (with a price to match).

1659691703128.png

Of course, people assume that 'an old Nokia' was the £30 3310 on PAYG. But that was over ten years old by the time she was uploading blog posts. It's also easy to get confused with the undeclared sponsored posts about switching to the novelty Nokia rehash in about 2016.

Reactions: 47
I’m obviously not saying she’s lying or anything, but
I’m pretty sure she had a Nokia 3310. I know we’ve spoken about this before but has she ever explained how she accomplished this? I might have missed something that would explain all this.
‘Not so the Nokia 3310. The daddy of texting, this could run three messages together for a whopping 459 characters. Sure, it could only store a handful of them, but it was groundbreaking.’
So she could write a few sentences at a time before needing to download them as the phone only had a tiny memory.
Questions.
1. If she wrote the whole book on the Nokia because she didn’t have a laptop, where did she keep downloading the three sentence sections to?
2. Would this mean she would write three sentences and download every time?
3. Couldn’t anyone have lent her a computer?
4. How was she writing and uploading her blog at the same time?
View attachment 1474179
The answer to all your questions:
1659692147457.png

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Where is that receipt where she talks about her old laptop from the fire service days?! She never wrote a bleeping book on her phone. She would have been paid an advance to write said book, that’s how non fiction usually works.
The only way she ever wrote a fuckin book on her phone was when she sent a text that said "I think one day I will write a book" and texted it to herself

• Haha
Reactions: 55
This is in Debait's likes. Probably reading WAY too much into this but does she think she's the fish and eveyone esle is the cat? Either way, you're a frozen fish, luv. Was going to say d**d fish but then that's obviously harassment and abuse. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
JACK! It's over. Stop it. The wheels have fallen off your charabanc of lies. You can't keep it limping on any longer.

ALSO - you can NOT write a book on a nokia little brick dumb phone. The sim would have had a little bit of memory but the phone itself is just the hardware. NO ROOM for a book.

Not technologically possible. But Jack's incapable of lying. Really makes you think.
Exactly. The sim has room for like 100 texts. There's NO onboard storable for a book. Not even 100kb. Nein. Zip. Nada.

Reactions: 26
No, because they are pappy shite. Now, baked beans on softy soft white bread lovingly and gently toasted in my I-haven’t-got-a-toaster. That’s the business. Especially with cheese on the top, shoved under the grill for a bit until it melts and then ~*plenty of black pepper*~. Eat it all up like a greedy goblin.

My family, stupid gits, don’t like beans and prefer hoops. I live with philistines.
I'm dreaming of baked beans over a crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside baked potato with a ton of butter mashed into the potato and half a block of mature grated cheddar slowly, gently melting on top. That's if I can ~afford~ butter of course.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
This is in Debait's likes. Probably reading WAY too much into this but does she think she's the fish and eveyone esle is the cat? Either way, you're a frozen fish, luv. Was going to say d**d fish but then that's obviously harassment and abuse. 🤷‍♀️
This reminds me of the 'cat' 'fish' emojis she and LJC tweeted to each other at the height of the DKL fiasco. It's obviously got some special meaning for her.

Reactions: 17
Didn't she also once claim that when she was due to hand in her first book she literally just gave them her notebook with her scrawled recipes in, because being a poor smol working class urchin, that's how she thought it worked?

It's all bullshit anyway.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.