Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't give you that figure exactly.

January 1109 tweets
Feb 802 tweets
March 1036 tweets
April 1879 tweets
May 1667 tweets
June 1270 tweets
July 943 tweets

Plus deleted tweets.
I need a lie down after reading this. Seriously, please send hammock-o’s.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The really makes you think line just makes me think of the Richard Madeley piece on GMB about the Hitler Youth - the funniest piece of tv ever.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
When everyone asked her about this at the time she said she did ask them and there was simply no money left in the pot. There were obvious tensions and maybe slight estrangement for a while, when her mum used to comment on anything on Facebook it seemed more that they had bailed her out before and were trying to make her stand on her own two feet. She used to get quite aggressive with her mum/delete her comments and that was when that women I referred to used to question everything. She did actually sell pretty much everything at that house sale but it was weird because actually she needed to only sell an accumulation of crap she had hoarded acquired from previous relationships/homes/moves such as the piano, guitars, a shed load of photography gear, records, some of the second hand furniture that one minute she loved and the next loathed..I really didn't see the need to sell EVERYTHING and suspect it was an exaggeration.
Thing is the big inheritance shows there was money in the pot, or money coming down the line which could've helped her. As they didn't sell the property they must've been well enough off to not need the cash. If I inherited property I'd be selling it off to pay the mortgage on my house/reduce payments.

Reactions: 42
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Well fooook me, what the hell was that?! And why did I start listening to it? I only managed 17 seconds - anyone who makes it through, donation coming your way!:censored::censored::censored:
I see she actually LED the choir? Can't remember hearing that, just that she was part of it.:unsure: God help the other singers, that's all I can say.

Morning folks! 😁 I can't be the only one who had some weird fecking dreams last night, my brain was ~literally~ spinning at 90mph by the time I reached the top of the stairs!😵

Grunking but thank God there are only 10 pages of her antics to get through this morning, don't think many of us could cope with another "last night" 😁 x

PS MORNING MACK JONROE JACK MONROE !

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Seeing Jack declare that the Vibrating Buttocks Index has been delayed by the actions of mendacious trolls has brought me a strange kind of peace. Either I have ascended to a higher plane of enlightenment or I am misinterpreting my aneurysm.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Sort of OT but yesterday I read a blog post by one of a lovely couple who have a food business. Every year they post a blog detailing their finances for the previous year. They have a smallholding and run supper clubs, etc. They work incredibly hard for very little in return in terms of salary, but are doing so much good and creating gorgeous looking food and recipes and events. They have beautiful and helpful insta and Facebook pages.

They used to follow and like JM's insta but no longer do (as of a couple of years ago I believe, I could see their name as a "like" when I scrolled through her old insta posts but they no longer follow her and haven't liked posts in a long time).

I just found it an interesting contrast that there are people out there grafting in order to do what they love and earn a small income, and willing to be totally transparent about what that entails financially so as not to mislead people with an instagram version of life, and then you have JM grasping and begging for money with zero transparency and no output apart from horrific looking cookies/slop and thousands of angry rants and pile-ons on twitter.

Really makes u think.
They sound wonderful 😍
Jack has created her own monster now and doesn't seem to grasp that it's out of control. How many of her collaborations have extended into further work?
I honestly hope that people start to understand how toxic she is.

Reactions: 35
I’m going to share some screenshots from a NI charity/foodbank who got slated on Facebook the other day. It sickens me that they have felt the need to apologise when they are actively supporting in their community and middle class people would rather send their money to Jack than to people actually in need.
I’ve redacted the name but this is the impact of the reality of the cost of living crisis. Not throwing a strop and begging because you have to downsize your massive house and live within your means
1659689477764.png

1659689550414.png

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Also just wanted to say thanks for posting the link to that Greenbelt speech, @GrannyOgg, I've long wanted to hear it because even from the descriptions of it, you just KNEW she'd be at her most grandiose. I'll listen to it properly when I get a minute (I'm EXHAUSTED), but from the bit I've already heard, it's horrendous how she appropriates the foster childrens' trauma (going into their sexual abuse, even) in order to buffer herself. It's also clear how resentful she feels at her parents' decision to foster. It just feels gross.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Thing is the big inheritance shows there was money in the pot, or money coming down the line which could've helped her. As they didn't sell the property they must've been well enough off to not need the cash. If I inherited property I'd be selling it off to pay the mortgage on my house/reduce payments.
And yet they did uphold that part of her story to an extent at the time by confirming there wasn't any "money in the pot" they had foster children with them at the time so there was a gentle suggestion they did have other children to take care of not just her and she needed to sort herself out...though any commentsl ike that by her mum were quickly deleted and ahe seemed to have a weird veiled contempt/ jealousy for the fostering.....of course this was shortly after she caused trouble and did herself out of a job at the FS which I gather was actually rather embarrassing for dear old dad at the time

• Wow
Reactions: 39
I’m baffled by what her VBI is meant to achieve too.

Isn’t the VB theory to do with longer-lasting goods and not tinned spaghetti hoops? I thought that was the whole point of the ‘boots’ part - if I have the money I can buy a good-quality pair of boots at £100 and they’ll last me 2 years, but if I don’t have that much all at once I’ll have to buy a cheap pair for £25 but they’ll only last me 3 months (so over the 2 years I’ll have spent £200 on boots).

So can someone explain to me how that is in any way related to scribbling the price of spaghetti hoops on a scrappy bit of notepaper?!
If I buy spaghetti hoops and I'm not so poor that I have to rinse them and mix them with chick peas, there'd be an edible meal, rather than slop. See, it totally works, I've spent twice as much being a poor

• Haha
Reactions: 28
How I feel at the moment constantly on the grunk

How can Jack claim she works 100hr weeks and keep up with all the chaos? I do 37 hours a week and I’m struggling to keep up with Tattle, send helpos.
I'm on holiday and I can't keep up, praise beans I'm not at work

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thought she couldn’t swim?
I think the pools in Budapest referred to here are the shallow therapeutic ones people just hang out in for health benefits, not swimming - it is an age since I've been, but my recollection is that although they were very sociable sidling was discouraged and the pool guards would probably have blown their whistles and ordered the sidler out if they thought that sort of thing was going on.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
JACK! It's over. Stop it. The wheels have fallen off your charabanc of lies. You can't keep it limping on any longer.

ALSO - you can NOT write a book on a nokia little brick dumb phone. The sim would have had a little bit of memory but the phone itself is just the hardware. NO ROOM for a book.

Not technologically possible. But Jack's incapable of lying. Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
"tablet computer"

oh go on and duck off

ETA: Wotcha Mary Poppins accent seems a lot stronger in that, innit?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Does anyone else get cravings for spaghetti hoops on softy white toast whenever the rinsing them thing gets mentioned? Is Jack a deep state agent for Heinz? Is this a next level guerrilla influencer campaign?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
And just think, we still have the book cover of her looking like an evangelical cultist in a bizarre wig to look forward to.

The sloppies this year will be STACKED.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.