Jack Monroe #353 Jack Monroe campaigns for Jack Monroe not to be in poverty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is in Debait's likes. Probably reading WAY too much into this but does she think she's the fish and eveyone esle is the cat? Either way, you're a frozen fish, luv. Was going to say d**d fish but then that's obviously harassment and abuse. 🤷‍♀️
Has Jack not yet clocked we know this is one of her sock accounts?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
why didnt she go to the library to write her book, free computer access, they are warm or cold depedent on outside whether. I actually was told to go our local one on the hottest day due to the air con. A flask of tea and a box of sandwiches would have seen her well.
I can't remember when / where I saw it, but it was recently. She said the library was SHUT.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack finds the only person who will truly understand and writes a new song about it
He left no time to regret
Kept his palate wet
With a range of real food
Me (Jack Monroe) and my head high
And my tears dry
Get on with my VBI

You went back to what you knew
So far removed
From Per Rialto that we walked through
And I, Jack Monroe, tread a troubled track
My odds are stacked
Accounts not in the black

Don't you dare troll the VBI
I whined a hundred times
You go back to her
And I go back to Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm dreaming of baked beans over a crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside baked potato with a ton of butter mashed into the potato and half a block of mature grated cheddar slowly, gently melting on top. That's if I can ~afford~ butter of course.

I believe this makes me officially an influencer now.
Please contribute monthly to my Patreon, in return for monthly recipes involving beans*. My tip jar ([email protected]) is also open. I’m incredibly poor and don’t want to sell the contents of my 4 bed house to fund my lifestyle. And my cat and dog. And car.

Thanks!

* I will not be sending any monthly recipes involving beans

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I will lose it if she starts to claim CFS. I have a very close person to me who has had it for over 20 years and it took them about 20 to get diagnosed. I will not let her run roughshod all over it.
its a good one for her im suprised its taken her this long to add it to the list

Reactions: 18
Has any heard this. It’s a talk Jack gave and she sings to the poor fuckers. It’s completely bizarre. singing starts at about 37 mins. I didn’t listen to any of the rest tbh
Oh God! The cringe!!

She *really* can't sing - but, of course, so desperately wants people to tell her that she can...

Reactions: 27
Didn't she also once claim that when she was due to hand in her first book she literally just gave them her notebook with her scrawled recipes in, because being a poor smol working class urchin, that's how she thought it worked?

It's all bullshit anyway.
I thought the blog came first, then a publisher picked it up and turned it into a book (I may be completely wrong). So it would just be a case of lifting the recipes from the website.

Also, the woman who wrote 50 shades of Grey claims she wrote it on her Blackberry (but again, I think they started off as posts on Tumblr or something similar). It would be literally impossible to write a book on a Nokia 3310 (I used to have one. It only the had the capacity for texts and calls and Snake! It didn’t even have internet, so she much be talking about a later model).

It’s like when you’d go into the office the day before you needed to skive off on a sickly, pointedly coughing and looking wan in the kitchen area. Oh I really don’t feel good, but I’m such a brave trooper I came in today…..
Yeah like me two days ago when the chaos was starting :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I just wanted to tell you all I had spaghetti hoops on a baked potato yesterday for lunch and I'm having the other half of the tin on toast today for lunch. Am I a maverick? Beans are gross.

To bring it back to Jack. This has been one heck of a chaos but I have watched a fair few now and I'm just sadly waiting for it to blow over or she'll flounce for a bit. Shall we do a sweepstake on the date and time of the flounce.

• Heart
  • Haha
Why if she is so tired was her first port of call to tell twitter. Why didn't she phone her ma?

Also why isnt her ma taking her home for soup and sandwiches( possibly pissses) while this hellfire continues. Theres nothing she can say will fix it. So she should just let it go

Reactions: 24
More song lyrics because bored
I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a story about the Poverty, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
'Cause captive audiences listen when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud

So I say to myself
Thank you for the Jackie, the same old song she's singing
Thanks for all the complaints she's bringing
Who can live without her tales of woe? I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without Jack's poverty story, what are we?
So I say thank you for the Jackie
Who is also me, Jack Monroe, cook, author, nest builder, thank you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Has anyone raised the mysterious age Jack left home yet?

In her origin story it was 18, but in the blurb around the food programme it was 16 and in her blog she talks about renting for 18 years and as she's 34, that suggests renting since 16 as well.

Obviously the food programme might have the blurb wrong (and I ain't listening to the interview to find out if she said it!)

Screenshot_20220805-051239.png

Screenshot_20220805-105913.png

Screenshot_20220805-105647.png

Oh and in this tweet from May 22 suggests it's 17 years, which would put her at 17 when she moved out.
Screenshot_20220805-052653.png

She also referred to almost 20 years in another tweet. I guess being generous that could mean 16 years (aka left home at 18) but most people would thing 18/19 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.