Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's bad but there's no way it could inspire that level of rage. More like despair imo
"my spuds were already boiling and I didn’t have any polenta to hand. I’m not sure I ever have done. I tried to make do with mashed potatoes, but the seed of sweet creamy corn had been planted…and so…I turfed half a can of sweetcorn into my mash and pulverised it. And oh, I’m so glad I did."
Thanks
Surely sweetcorn wouldn't mash down to a palatable texture?! I know she can bench press the Queen, but really? And what is a good grind of strong cheese? (Actually, no one answer that thankyou).

• Haha
Reactions: 39
View attachment 1467267

Also, it doesn't have anything to do with Jack being nonbinary or hanging onto Marcus Rashford's coat-tails and everything to do with Jack writing a lengthy pity party post and then hinting at the end that she needs money but actually no just give the money to the TT but actually yes it's haaaard making terrible recipes and having public meltdowns so please actually give me your pocket money. The fact that people are using the "it's because Jack is nonbinary!" attack is ridiculous - as if Jack Monroe is the only nonbinary person to have ever existed and if anyone has any bone to pick with them then it's solely based on their gender identity and not how rancid Jack is as a human being. But I guess blue ticks really don't have brains to think with.
Omg the the Guardian did not declare Jack the official opposition. We actually read the article! Natasha has just taken Jack’s word for it 🙄

ETA, I love seeing “normal people out in the wild” (aka not tattle or tattle adjacent people) laughing at the same kinds of things we’ve been laughing about.

C6890008-BAC7-4EA8-AEE8-B28EF01894AA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Sweet corn goes out the same way it went in. It doesn’t even break down in the digestive tract (sorry) let alone mash.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
If she's run up a debt they could be taking an insane DD to both cover 1/12th of her yearly usage and recoup the debt. It could also explain the council tax being higher than it should be if they're taking both the monthly payment and extra for previous arrears.

Given the patreon income, I'd consider both of those scenarios to be entirely of her own making.
I feel like if that were the case then she wouldn’t be missing out on the chance to shout from the rooftops about how the energy companies are forcing her into poverty etc etc

Reactions: 21
I can’t get past the boiling down soap lie. I just can’t. The first, and most important, question is why? Use soap as soap, easy. My second question is - wouldn’t it just set again back to it’s hard soap state? So pouring it into a bottle would you not end up with a bottle of hard and unusable soap? Or does the water (how much?) prevent this? What bottle is she pouring it into? A glass one would be impractical at best, a plastic one would melt surely, unless she’s leaving the gloopy soap mix to set in the pan and then somehow pouring the set mixture into a plastic bottle. Why? It’s absolutely nonsensical. I am on the verge of trying this out myself to answer my own questions, but OH says I can’t ruin one of the pans and is it a step too far to buy a pan just to make JMs homemade soap made from soap? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
I am also highly tempted. But I don't think I can justify it after the stretchy hummus incident. My kitchen has seen enough.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I can’t get past the boiling down soap lie. I just can’t. The first, and most important, question is why? Use soap as soap, easy. My second question is - wouldn’t it just set again back to it’s hard soap state? So pouring it into a bottle would you not end up with a bottle of hard and unusable soap? Or does the water (how much?) prevent this? What bottle is she pouring it into? A glass one would be impractical at best, a plastic one would melt surely, unless she’s leaving the gloopy soap mix to set in the pan and then somehow pouring the set mixture into a plastic bottle. Why? It’s absolutely nonsensical. I am on the verge of trying this out myself to answer my own questions, but OH says I can’t ruin one of the pans and is it a step too far to buy a pan just to make JMs homemade soap made from soap? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
My OH (real ~ has reflection ~) says I must never ruin our pan by making the mushy pea soup again. He doesn't often express strong feelings, but that was a tin of mushy peas and a raw egg too far apparently 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 51
That hands a bit… isn’t it? Ooh the 80s, never know when you might get groped by a man wearing a mullet.
I live in a state in the US South. The fear/thrill (delete as appropriate) is still very real.
1BC04A39-5F57-45F2-9E42-E53E5D36C608.jpeg

Not a vintage pic. He’s from Mississippi and plays in the NFL. (Not suggesting Gardner Minshew is a groper, just illustrative that there’s many a fine lookin’ mullet in these here parts)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I can’t get past the boiling down soap lie. I just can’t. The first, and most important, question is why? Use soap as soap, easy. My second question is - wouldn’t it just set again back to it’s hard soap state? So pouring it into a bottle would you not end up with a bottle of hard and unusable soap? Or does the water (how much?) prevent this? What bottle is she pouring it into? A glass one would be impractical at best, a plastic one would melt surely, unless she’s leaving the gloopy soap mix to set in the pan and then somehow pouring the set mixture into a plastic bottle. Why? It’s absolutely nonsensical. I am on the verge of trying this out myself to answer my own questions, but OH says I can’t ruin one of the pans and is it a step too far to buy a pan just to make JMs homemade soap m
ade from soap? Perhaps. Perhaps not.
You will just get soap you can't get out of the bottle. Soap bars are like wax. Could be dangerous boiling it as the steam will release chemicals not ment for lungs.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Jack is being criticised for being a liar and a scrounger, neither of which have anything to do with her gender. Natasha might want to reflect that it's actually quite harmful to make false allegations of bigotry. People experiencing prejudice and less favourable treatment already face an uphill battle to defend their right to equal treatment. Feeding the myth that people routinely exploit protected characteristics for personal gain is a sign that Natasha should probably spend a bit of time examining her own prejudices.
Yeah, was just reading this piece from American writer Lauren Hough (who I like) about another internet liar/grifter (Ana Mardoll) who just dissapeared from Twitter. Next to addressing the grifter and describing the dynamics also talks about what it meant for her to be called anti-trans by this grifter and his flying monkeys when there was no such evidence. Anyway, it reminded me a lot of Jack Monroe.

• Wow
Reactions: 33
Christ on a bike, I can’t cope. It’s like the holy trinity of shitshows all decided to chaos in the same week, Jackanory, The artiste formally known as Jordan and Alice Evans. I don’t even read the news anymore. I don’t have time. My husband is wondering whether I am going to leave him for tattle as it’s getting very serious 😂😂😂 what a week to be alive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
You will just get soap you can't get out of the bottle. Soap bars are like wax. Could be dangerous boiling it as the steam will release chemicals not ment for lungs.
The whole soap debacle just makss me think the mushed up bits would just make her smell like wet dog.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
has anyone got a picture with the pirate eye mask, please? just feel a need to change my profile pic at the moment. love to the fraus, x

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Actually I’d like to take a moment to thank Jack, bare with me Fraus, bare with. You see I’ve spent the past week worrying/complaining what I was going to do with my life when Love Island finished? But thanks to Jack I now have an eternal grunk on my hands.

Maybe Jack is onto something not wanting a job it’s such an inconvenience it really messes with your digital social life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
That’s probably a better reason not to try it than ruining a pan. I’ll stick to using my soap bars as soap and not trying to turn them into shower gel.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.