Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no, if she’s turned off her hot water then she won’t be able to wash her face with hot, hot water and scrubby washcloths. Who will the deluded squigs turn to for skincare advice now?

ETA @Lazarus beat me to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Screenshot 2022-08-01 15.03.09.png

Oh dear, how can this best be explained. It's so very difficult to get someone so very, very thick to understand anything but I'll have a go.

It is true that content creators often use tips/kofi/similar models for their income. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this at all. I have a few subscriptions for people I want to support, however what unites them is that they are actually producing content and using a wide range of skills to do so. They are often editing YouTube videos and podcasts, producing writing, networking, undertaking research, engaging with their audience and promoting their content. This is hard work and they deserve to be well paid for it.

The difference is that you produce nothing of value and expect to be funded for a bizarre tantrum that has lasted well over ten years. Despite scamming money to do so, your blog is still in 2018 with a few pathetic rants tacked on when you can be bothered. Successful content creators are putting stuff out at least a few times a week, if not daily in some cases and you can tell from the quality of the content they treat it as a full time job. In contrast, you lie about 100 hour work weeks and produce nothing of value. If I wanted to pay someone to moan I'd give Cathy over the road a tenner, at least she could do with the money.

Jack, I'd like to be living in a Victorian sandstone villa in a leafy suburb, wafting about doing some light gardening, reading, buying antique furniture and wandering about galleries. I cannot afford to live like that so I work full time and cut my cloth accordingly. Life can be a little disappointing like that. Sorry your income doesn't match your sense of entitlement but expecting other people to hurl money at you so that you can live beyond your means is appalling behaviour. You're probably right in the legal sense that it's not a crime but morally it absolutely is. There are millions out there in genuine need, there are talented people overlooked who deserve a break - you have had opportunity after opportunity handed to you, chosen to squander them in favour of becoming a beggar.

• Heart
Reactions: 125
He's back to being Small Boy in the blog isn't he.
Using your son to manipulate people out of cash.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It's so stupid. It's free as it's a lucrative way to beg for cash. Least selfless thing ever.
Like those self-styled 'boss babe business gurus' who offer a free 'masterclass' to women stuck in the MLM/side hustle trap, which turns out to be a one hour sales pitch for some vague business course or membership which will also not help them. All done in a style not dissimilar to Tom Cruise's character in Magnolia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
He's back to being Small Boy in the blog isn't he.
Using your son to manipulate people out of cash.
Wouldn't it be great is this current grift was actually SB running amok with her Twitter and he's going to blow ££££££££ on Spacehoppers and gobstoppers or whatever it is the youths are into these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 97
It is honestly no wonder Jack hasn't a friend in the world. Could you imagine trying to be her pal? She would stab you in the back quicker than she'd look at you.
Anyway, re: the hot water being switched off, Jack, to be a good liar you need a good memory (talking about her filtered face the day she was in the hammock - someone said her skin was looking 'boss')
@BootstrapCook

Replying to XXXXXXX

I’m back to washing it with just hot hot water and a flannel, and it seems to be doing wonders for it!

11:59 am · 4 Jul 2022·Twitter for iPhone
Just taking a fresh screenshot of that before she deletes it.

Screenshot_20220801-152629_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
View attachment 1462954

you haven't done any of that yet though
Yea Jack just because you’ve tweeted it doesn’t mean you’ve actually done it. Moron. Also you could just softy gently behind the scenes do it rather than writing bullshit blogs about it. But you don’t because that doesn’t bring in any money from your poor gullible followers and that is why we aren’t triumphant.

Reactions: 24
Do I have this right? - the lowest Patreon tier is £3.50? You can also donate a lower amount, or a one-off payment, but that doesn’t make you a Patreon, so you’re not included in the 750(ish) number - that’s just for actual Patreons paying …£3.50 p/m or more?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.