Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Just picking up on this bit - a free blog, amazing. A cause for celebration. Might as well boast that she's always kept her tweets free.
Screenshot_20220801-150005_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 91
Also very amused that Jack's worst nightmare appears to be getting a job and living in a property she can actually afford. Like everyone else has to.

• Haha
Reactions: 108

Yel

I bleeping detest people who set something up for free and then guilt-trip everyone over the fact that it is free.
It's so stupid. It's free as it's a lucrative way to beg for cash. Least selfless thing ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Just picking up on this bit - a free blog, amazing. A cause for celebration. Might as well boast that she's always kept her tweets free.
View attachment 1462983
Disingenuous as usual in that tweet isn't she? People have just put in an ickle token of gratitude to her tip jar on her blog then? No mention of PayPal or Patreon. The big hitters.

Reactions: 31
The Patreon model Jack has makes me uncomfortable, but nothing makes me more uneasy than when she mentions it. Especially as she's blatantly ignored it for almost 2 years. It seems like such a slap in the puss for anyone who's paying regularly. I called it this morning when i said she'd have at least 750 by the end of today. She's currently at 745. She has a £44 a month tier which she could get rid of if nobody was using it, which suggests there's at least one silly bleep paying her that amount.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Wtf have I just witnessed. Out of all the chaoses this is actually mental.
So in a nutshell, her relationship has broken down and she needs to downsize. Happens to the best of us. Most of us don’t go begging for money off strangers. I honestly don’t know how she doesn’t feel shame doing it. It’s making me embarrassed just thinking about it.

Also, with the flat she will need to check with the leaseholders about if she is even allowed a dog. When I had a flat I wasn’t allowed a flat and it was a downstairs apartment with a garden!

Reactions: 52
The squigs are busy quote tweeting her "I don't want money" tweet and popping more money in the tip jar......
Oh she knows her audience so well.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
God she's thick.

Does she really think that if she deletes it that means she never said it?
Thick, but cunning. She knows very well that all she has to do is delete and the squigs will have collective amnesia. She plays them like a (gifted) guitar.
I genuinely don’t know how she sleeps.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She really goes in on OH in the blog, doesn’t she? She’s should be more mindful of how she uses her very public platform, particularly when it comes to someone not in the media.

Reactions: 36
Screenshot_20220801-132922_Twitter.jpg

These people need their heads examining, they really do. If you as an individual are - for some reason - content with giving money to someone every month in return for "goodies" which don't materialise, then fine. But unless Jack has specifically asked all 741 mugs if they're happy with this arrangement, she's literally taking money off people (the majority of whom are, without doubt, earning less than her) for nothing.

I genuinely don't know of any content creator, on Patreon or elsewhere, who would dare treat their donors with such contempt.

And the "no admin assistant 🥺" excuse is infuriating. She has more than enough time to chat shite on Twitter into the early hours, swan off on holidays, attend 78 AA meetings a week and flash her tits in the hammock.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 108
It is honestly no wonder Jack hasn't a friend in the world. Could you imagine trying to be her pal? She would stab you in the back quicker than she'd look at you.
Anyway, re: the hot water being switched off, Jack, to be a good liar you need a good memory (talking about her filtered face the day she was in the hammock - someone said her skin was looking 'boss')
@BootstrapCook

Replying to XXXXXXX

I’m back to washing it with just hot hot water and a flannel, and it seems to be doing wonders for it!

11:59 am · 4 Jul 2022·Twitter for iPhone

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.