Jack Monroe #349 Shameless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up on the thread on my break from this morning, this thread moves fast! 😂.

Whilst working I still can't believe I've been such an idiot! I'm so gullable! I even bought the one in five book her Twitter friend is writing 😟. (can't remember her name Louise Britain or something) don't tell me there's a thread on her 🙈.

I emphasized with these people cause. I am actually in there position or the position they claim, since I got divorced and energy rises.

Someone give me a good shake and tell me to open my eyes 🙈.
Probably been beaten to it but yes - yes there is, and she makes Jack look wholesome. 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Again, why shouldn't you get a regular job? Why shouldn't you downsize to something appropriate to your household size? Who in the world owes you a god damn thing you sanctimonious prick
I mean, yeah I'm a little baffled by her apparent outrage at having to do something that most of us do at 18

Reactions: 58
Silly squig, she's already begged for donations so a crack team of tech experts can do just that. Twice.

Screenshot_20220801-160050_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
How would she know if people are on benefits? PayPal, the tip jar and Patreon don't have facilities where you can go into details about your circumstances do they?
even if they did, what of the people who don't disclose their poverty when they donate? She's still taking money from them!

Reactions: 37
So when I was working full time running the finances and also a lot of the fundraising for a small local charity I took home £1500 a month. But it's fine for her to take that from her patreon with no content?

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Half is over £1000! I have to work 50hrs a week for my wage. 🤨😱
Same, Crispy L, same. I bring home about 1100 a month, ~500 goes to a debt management plan, and the rest is food for me, my wife and cats plus a share of household bills. I'm left with £50 a month to spend on frivolous tit and my work actually matters. I'm not playing the big I Am here but I've worked there for about five years now, and have genuinely helped a whole bunch of people and some days I keep the place running. The posters here have regularly given more useful and realistic tips and advice for those of us who are on a low income/tit with money and depressed than Jack has ever given to anyone.

She is absolutely without shame, not a gram of it in her body whatsoever. I physically couldn't do what she does or associate with anyone who did.

The train driver sidestory from the last thread had me hooting too, one of my brother in laws (have never nuzzled him) has just got a job driving trains. It was first mentioned about two years ago, he had to go through god knows how many interviews where they would ask him the same questions in a different manner and check for consistency in his replies so she'd be fucked there for a start, had all sorts of tests and was working in the rail industry to begin with and it was still tough! And he's a bloody hard worker. Jack just assumes you push a button and pootle off down the tracks automatically.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 103
@Terrible on the Patreon page, when you select the 'join up' option, there's a page which says 'dont want to select a tier?' with an option to then make a custom pledge.
This means someone could be sending her a zillion pounds a month or a pound a month. Weighing it all up, I imagine there are very few people who would go to the bother of setting up a regular payment for less than £3.50. What do you think?
And something I never noticed before - the subscriber pays VAT on theirs too, so £3.50 worth of duck all actually costs £4.20.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.