Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's butthole-collapsing-cringy to see an adult be so pleased with such an overwrought piece of tit writing, really. Both the level of pleasedness of her writing style and the pleasedness of her 'giving the politicians a bollocking'.

And then the cultish followers who adore it...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
I’d love for a squig to ask about the Vimes Boots Index round about now. 😂
Unfortunately content ate a vital Asda receipt from August 2016 so it will now be impossible to finish. Go Well.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 88
This paragraph has really given me rage. How dare she be so patronising to those who are trying to something to help and contribute to helping others. These people do more in a week Jack than you have done in you 10 year career! I used to volunteer at a food bank and honestly everyone there just wants to help and support those who need it. They listened to those who had been referred with sensitivity and kindness that Jack severely lacks.
What a patronising, egotistical arse she really is.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I don’t understand how you can just publish stuff like this without ethical approval? The loops (I) researchers had to go through to publish opinions of unnamed people were mind boggling. That was 20 and 10 years ago, let alone now.

Am I on a different planet?
My (possibly overly optimistic) hope is that what has been going on with Jess Taylor will play out in a way that has implications for this book, too. I think I'm not wrong to say that what Jess has done is more egregious (so far), but what Jack is planning to get published is also wrong on many levels.

It truly blows my mind that the suicide reporting standards (doesn't she claim to be a journalist?!) just do not seem to apply to her, nevermind any other professional or moral or ethical standards. How can her publisher be so irresponsible?

Why is Jack, living in her giant bungalow, lounging on her expensive hammock, being licked by her costly designer breed dog, allowed to harvest and profiteer off of the stories and experiences of others far less fortunate than herself, and then centre her own voice to literally no end? What will this book achieve? How will it help anyone at all other than Jack? If nothing else, it seems so unempathetic to the friends and families and loved ones of those she is gruesomely showcasing.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
She's probably doing this to draw attention away from the SEVERE lack of Viggle Blight Ignominy and the SEVERE lack of libel action.

You know like in Jurassic Park where one of the characters waves a flare to attract the T Rex? The squiggles are the T Rex, Jack is the character, and The Hunger Names is the flare.

See Jack, I can do tortured metaphors too!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 08.20.04.png

Haha, "how dare you judge the book on the thing I literally posted to show you what the book will be like".
And she's not rejecting any of the praise she's getting for 'just that fraction', now is he?

I'm not really feeling the love for my job today, but just happy not to be Jack Monroe's editor or publisher #Blessed

(ETA Sorry, forgot to cover the other handle)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 113
Squigg has been pointing to a deleted tweet when people have tweeted him. Did anyone catch what she has deleted?

• Wow
Reactions: 34
FFS - her grandiosity is off the scale. Again she claims to have been involved in all these initiatives like the National Food Strategy. Well I remember when that report came out (and posted about it here) - she does not get a single mention in the pages and pages of acknowledgments. And she would have, if she’d had any role in the consultation. These type of reports name everyone, for the public record. There’s no “working behind the scenes”.
And she says she’s going to talk about Cameron’s policies. Why? Is this a history book? Why is that relevant now? The world is a vastly different place now - the pandemic has happened, global issues, etc.
Also, I don’t why she feels the need to refer to the Queen giving Royal Assent to a bill. That’s not significant. It’s part of the process of making a bill into an Act (i.e. law). She really should know this sort of stuff.
Does she think the Queen has ultimate power and can veto an act she doesn't like the look of? As for her involvement in strategies and what not...did she maybe take part in a workshop or something? I've taken part in a few for the Scottish Government Autism Strategy review etc...your views are noted and collected but it's anonymised or they gather the overall view on something. I don't go round claiming responsibility for legislation

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Bit rich proposing to write an entire book slagging off the government when Missy hasn’t paid her taxes

• Haha
Reactions: 66
FFS - her grandiosity is off the scale. Again she claims to have been involved in all these initiatives like the National Food Strategy. Well I remember when that report came out (and posted about it here) - she does not get a single mention in the pages and pages of acknowledgments. And she would have, if she’d had any role in the consultation. These type of reports name everyone, for the public record. There’s no “working behind the scenes”.
And she says she’s going to talk about Cameron’s policies. Why? Is this a history book? Why is that relevant now? The world is a vastly different place now - the pandemic has happened, global issues, etc.
Also, I don’t why she feels the need to refer to the Queen giving Royal Assent to a bill. That’s not significant. It’s part of the process of making a bill into an Act (i.e. law). She really should know this sort of stuff.
“By the Queen herself”? The Queen doesn’t bleeping sit there going “yaaaasss, I give this law my royal seal, now it’s good to go”, it’s performative, the last time a monarch refused assent was in the 1700s or something. You Fuxking stupid knob, you know nothing. Jesus, it’s like saying she’s delivers all the bastard mail cos it’s called Royal Mail. As you like facts so much Jack, here’s some!
“Since the sixteenth century no monarch has actually signed a Bill themselves. Instead, the monarch signs what are known as Letters Patent which announce that an assent has been given. Alternatively, the monarch signs a document known as a Commission which commands certain Lords, known as Royal Commissioners, to let both Houses of Parliament know that Royal Assent has been given.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
She’s not a good writer. She’s famous for having the ‘pov’ briefly. The chances that a school leaver who got 4.5 GCSEs was going to be a brilliant researcher and writer are non existent.
I have a friend who wrote occasional bits for the Guardian (her dad was a senior policeman so as WC as Jack), her normal writing style is a pleasure to read. She went to a prestigious university and she said they made her write properly. Jack thinks she’s just brilliant at everything with zero effort. I worry how poor her publishers English skills are if they are publishing that.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.