Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow, baby is overtired this morning. Someone dared to suggest her excerpt wasn't really political commentary and she has seen red.

eta: many thanks to the speedy fraus for the screenshots

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
She refers to herself 14 times in the first paragraph. That is all anyone needs to know. It will come as a shock to nobody, this is all about fabricated Jack. 😏 God is she not bored of herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
I hate her writing style. And her inability to use an apostrophe correctly drives me insane.

She's now launched a diatribe against a squig who dared to suggest this isn't going to be the earth shattering polemic she thinks it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 93
“painfully and autistically” (or however the duck she spelt it) has given me the rage and it’s not even 8am.

She is dragging the ND movement back to the bleeping Stone Age.

As for her writing, I’ve seen better from 12 year olds writing FanFic about their favourite TV show.

Jack Monroe is a Mary Sue.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Rheum apt? Rollicks, I'm still waiting for urgent biopsies results and an apt three weeks on from investigations. Only way this is happening is if she's going private 250+. She's a right gbsht...
This! The NHS is on its knees! Over the last 2.5 years routine treatments have not happened, I've waited 2 yrs for orthopaedic appointments. I'm OK with that because of the pressure the NHS has been under. Arthritis? I'm facing my 6th op on a thumb joint because the previous attempts have failed. There's no point making a song and dance about it, I just find a way to manage.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I’m genuinely shocked at this. She’s definitely getting worse as time goes on. She is irresponsible, crass, insensitive, wrong and blatantly lying (I have my friends found to eat on rotation. Sure Jan).

But do you know what’s worse? That there is actually someone willing to publish this. Shame on them. The use of language is terrible and I don’t believe for a second she has spoken to the families of a single person she says died as a result of austerity. Surely any decent publisher would be turning this garbage away? I guess we’ve only got her word that this will happen so for once, I hope she’s lying out her arse and this never sees the light of day again.
But she says her publisher said they’ll publish anything she wants to write ? Reminds me of a recent interview I heard with Damon Albarn in which he said the record company after hearing one piece of music and with one drawing signed Gorillaz up and said yep just do whatever we will sign you and go with it. Somewhat more believable. If her publisher did say that they’re a bit tit at their job. TERRIBLE.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
We sure find a lot of errors in the work of someone who claims to be 'autistically thorough'.

'Serves 0' :)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Here we go, another attempt at a chaos!
youre-starting-a-little-early-today-aychristenegames.gif

Don't we usually get the morning off?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
FFS - her grandiosity is off the scale. Again she claims to have been involved in all these initiatives like the National Food Strategy. Well I remember when that report came out (and posted about it here) - she does not get a single mention in the pages and pages of acknowledgments. And she would have, if she’d had any role in the consultation. These type of reports name everyone, for the public record. There’s no “working behind the scenes”.
And she says she’s going to talk about Cameron’s policies. Why? Is this a history book? Why is that relevant now? The world is a vastly different place now - the pandemic has happened, global issues, etc.
Also, I don’t why she feels the need to refer to the Queen giving Royal Assent to a bill. That’s not significant. It’s part of the process of making a bill into an Act (i.e. law). She really should know this sort of stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
This is amazing! I am hooting and fizzing and it’s not even 8am. Because a book like this, not a sloppy cookbook, has a good chance of being reviewed in an actual proper newspaper, and they’re not all just going to roll over and take her tit, at least one of them is going to critique & fact check.

Toot toot Jack! Can’t wait for publication

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Where does she get the energy to just LIE so much?

I can guarantee that no food writer/chef (lol)/ cook in the history of the universe has ever written about their own "remarkable alchemy". That's one way of describing a pumble, I guess.

And I'm just agog at "given Royal Assent by the Queen herself". What would the squiggles do without these searing political insights?

• Haha
Reactions: 62
BUT BUT BUT … she has a file with post-its and colour coding and everything.
That’s the squig told. 😕
FFS how does she expect to be taken seriously when she is so juvenile? Why isn’t she embarrassed?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.