Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cobbled together?! That shows she hasn't been to a foodbank in a long time. They (and this is to our shame as a country) are run incredibly well, with links with local and national businesses, coordinating dozens of volunteers, offering so much more than just food. Way to down play their work.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 104
I think I had an aneurysm trying to read all that bollocks. My only comfort is that while she may have written a chapter after suffering insomnia (napping in a hammock all day will duck up your sleep patterns) that book is never getting finished.

Although it would be amusing if she released her silly little duck the Tories book in a few years when there’s a different government in power.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
It’s honestly hard to decipher what point she’s trying to make, but she seems to be blaming the normalisation of ED behaviours on “fashion catwalks and breathless actresses“.

If she’s going to be that simplistic about it, why doesn’t she blame the media? Is it because she sees the media as her employers, and so doesn’t want to risk holding them accountable?

Also, maybe this is a reach, but some of the things she has said over the years make me think she has some internalised misogyny.
She definitely has internalised misogyny. Some of the opinions she stated about womanhood during her trans phase sounded like they could have come from Jim Davidson. She has severe 'not like other girls' syndrome.

Re her hatred of Cameron, it's classic narc DARVO. She said something disgusting about his late son Ivan and rightly lost a big mainstream gig over it. (Should have been the end of her mainstream media career full stop, but for some reason she kept being gifted chances.) Her response to this is not to self-reflect on why what she said was so wrong, but to double down and conceive a personal grudge against Cameron. So mature. Much Step 4 recovery knowledge.

Question for writing / publishing knowledgeable fraus - if you have a contract to write a book, wouldn't that contract forbid you from giving away excerpts from the book free on Twitter before publication date?

Also would she have gotten an advance for this bumwipe crap?

• Heart
Reactions: 72
I’m genuinely shocked at this. She’s definitely getting worse as time goes on. She is irresponsible, crass, insensitive, wrong and blatantly lying (I have my friends found to eat on rotation. Sure Jan).

But do you know what’s worse? That there is actually someone willing to publish this. Shame on them. The use of language is terrible and I don’t believe for a second she has spoken to the families of a single person she says died as a result of austerity. Surely any decent publisher would be turning this garbage away? I guess we’ve only got her word that this will happen so for once, I hope she’s lying out her arse and this never sees the light of day again.
I hope ICO squiggle sees this

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Cobbled together?! That shows she hasn't been to a foodbank in a long time. They (and this is to our shame as a country) are run incredibly well, with links with local and national businesses, coordinating dozens of volunteers, offering so much more than just food. Way to down play their work.
Her Sunday school teacher brain has conflated activity carried out to professional standards by organisations including her bezzie mates TT (although I now have my doubts about their judgement) with giving alms to the poor?

Reactions: 24
Does she think the Queen has ultimate power and can veto an act she doesn't like the look of? As for her involvement in strategies and what not...did she maybe take part in a workshop or something? I've taken part in a few for the Scottish Government Autism Strategy review etc...your views are noted and collected but it's anonymised or they gather the overall view on something. I don't go round claiming responsibility for legislation
Possibly that, although TBH i think it’s more likely she had a chat with Henry Dimbleby at the Groucho (he is mates with Allegra). Either way, she certainly didn’t play a significant role, as she is suggesting.
Re the Queen’s assent (off topic), interestingly she does occasionally exercise a veto - but this only extends to lobbying to exclude the royal family from certain legislation. So for example she has an exemption from the Scottish legislation to reduce carbon emissions for her private estate (Balmoral), and the royal household is also exempt from race and sex discrimination laws.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Zoinks Scoob 😬
Just read her searing takedown of the government. And what a steaming pile of self indulgent, incoherent, offensive drivel.
It must be one of the worst things she has ever written isn't it? I actually feel the shame that she should, but doesn't, for releasing that shite into the wild. And then having a hissy fit because someone didn't like it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Oof, the squig has apologised twice now and she's still going.
Here's a thought, Jack, if literally anything less than arse-kissing is going to set you off, maybe wait a while before posting it on a public forum. You know, when you've had the chance to sand down your spikes a bit.
Man I HATE it when she does that to people on Twitter. It's so cruel. She doesn't know what the person might be going through. I've posted about this before but she organised and applauded a pile on on an acquaintance of mine once and he was in a vulnerable place at the time and had said something so, SO innocuous about one of her recipes and it clearly shook him.

The disconnect between her words about kindness, mental illness and vulnerability, and her relentless bullying of percieved critics, is such a mindfuck. I like to think I know something about narcs, but at this level, I cane barely get my noggin around it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
TL;DR
There is no book, this rant is a shout out to Philippa Stroud.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m genuinely shocked at this. She’s definitely getting worse as time goes on. She is irresponsible, crass, insensitive, wrong and blatantly lying (I have my friends found to eat on rotation. Sure Jan).

But do you know what’s worse? That there is actually someone willing to publish this. Shame on them. The use of language is terrible and I don’t believe for a second she has spoken to the families of a single person she says died as a result of austerity. Surely any decent publisher would be turning this garbage away? I guess we’ve only got her word that this will happen so for once, I hope she’s lying out her arse and this never sees the light of day again.
@LennyBriscoe, she has her rotational friends around to eat dregs from her fridge. They're so lucky to be imaginary

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I think I had an aneurysm trying to read all that bollocks. My only comfort is that while she may have written a chapter after suffering insomnia (napping in a hammock all day will duck up your sleep patterns) that book is never getting finished.

Although it would be amusing if she released her silly little duck the Tories book in a few years when there’s a different government in power.
She's been harping on about this book for ages now. Most of it will be completely irrelevant - we are a world away from IDS, ATOS etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I wonder what the “names” are getting paid for their stories. They are getting paid, right?

• Sad
Reactions: 45
I wonder what the “names” are getting paid for their stories. They are getting paid, right?
I don't even want to type out my first thought reply to this.

But I doubt she has permission from the families to share these stories, and most will just be taken from guardian articles.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Cripes!
Her fundamental problem seems to be that self-importance oozes from every fibre of her being and every letter on the page. She never learns and just gets worse. The usual Jackie, vague, inconclusive rant against the world...but mainly the Tories. After every diatribe the question is "And?"

I genuinely dislike her for her misuse of EDs. It’s weird to hate someone you’ve never personally engaged with but it’s upsetting that she makes a mockery of genuine suffering to bolster her “credentials” There is literally nothing she hasn’t endured and suffered. Canonize her now.

• Sad
Reactions: 51
I don't know much about the AA but is one of the steps more self awareness/honesty with self? Hence the crass 'I was a bit spiky' 'I need to take a minute' etc. She is so many different people it hurts x

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.