Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bleeping hell the lever arch files are back out again.
Yeah but we never see them do we? Bit like so much other crap she spouts. Pics or it didn’t happen. (They’ll be pics later she’ll quickly mock up!). Didn’t all her lever arch files get stolen or damaged or something ? Or was that just receipts for the tax man?

Reactions: 34
She could definitely have paid off a mortgage with what she’s spent on lever arch files. Or built a house with them at least.*

*except we all know it’s not true.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Cant wait for all the libel cases from the ‘villains’ named in her book.

have to say, J1G is a hell of a drug.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
It’s honestly hard to decipher what point she’s trying to make, but she seems to be blaming the normalisation of ED behaviours on “fashion catwalks and breathless actresses“.

If she’s going to be that simplistic about it, why doesn’t she blame the media? Is it because she sees the media as her employers, and so doesn’t want to risk holding them accountable?

Also, maybe this is a reach, but some of the things she has said over the years make me think she has some internalised misogyny.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Jack Monroe a wordsmith? More like a word scrappy. Collecting whatever she can find or get her hands on, no matter how bad it looks, and selling it for profit.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
And I'm just agog at "given Royal Assent by the Queen herself". What would the squiggles do without these searing political insights?
As opposed to being given royal assent by your mate Dave or something

• Haha
Reactions: 45
So she's in her lovely big garden with her new puppy, throwing a hamburger plushie for the dog, and she literally can't be content in that moment, she has to be tweeting furious diatribes at strangers on twitter. It's tragic to witness.

Reactions: 64
Well that was terrible for all the many reasons frauen have already highlighted.

I wonder if publisher meeting (on teams surely, not in person with biscuits) did not go well. So she has decided to publish a few pages with a a plan to return to publishers with lever arch file of printed squig tweets telling her how amazing she is and how they can’t wait to read the book.

So far that plan seems to have backfired.

She doesn’t take criticism well does she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
Oof, the squig has apologised twice now and she's still going.
Here's a thought, Jack, if literally anything less than arse-kissing is going to set you off, maybe wait a while before posting it on a public forum. You know, when you've had the chance to sand down your spikes a bit.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
Why does David Cameron get an apostrophe, but not George Osborne, Theresa May, or Iain Duncan Smith?

She clearly understands the concept of the possessive apostrophe. Does she think this is quirky and fun, like thankyou?
Her sons [sic] life also doesn’t appear to warrant an apostrophe.

Tautologies like “fashion catwalks” just scream of someone who doesn’t have enough to say to make the word count. I’m currently making corrections to a 🔺journal article about austerity🔺 and yes, it’s only 10% of Jack’s book but the level of brevity I’ve had to employ to get everything in almost feels grotesque. If Jack has political commentary AND the stories of multiple people (which, BTW, I hope you have genuine ethical and legal approval for, Jackie…) she shouldn’t need dross about herself an extraneous bollocks like “fashion catwalks”.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I’d love for a squig to ask about the Vimes Boots Index round about now. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 54
FFS - her grandiosity is off the scale. Again she claims to have been involved in all these initiatives like the National Food Strategy. Well I remember when that report came out (and posted about it here) - she does not get a single mention in the pages and pages of acknowledgments. And she would have, if she’d had any role in the consultation. These type of reports name everyone, for the public record. There’s no “working behind the scenes”.
And she says she’s going to talk about Cameron’s policies. Why? Is this a history book? Why is that relevant now? The world is a vastly different place now - the pandemic has happened, global issues, etc.
Also, I don’t why she feels the need to refer to the Queen giving Royal Assent to a bill. That’s not significant. It’s part of the process of making a bill into an Act (i.e. law). She really should know this sort of stuff.
She's obsessed with Cameron, weirdly so. Her publisher can get in the damn bin for enabling and encouraging this tit. Let's remember too that the publisher is one of Jack's 'therapists' so she probably enables her more than anyone else 🙄. She's such a horrid writer! I tune out a few sentences in as it's such a ridiculously long winded way to say nothing of worth. Just a long, waffling me-rail, as per usual 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Well if any publisher is going to pay for that then more fool them. Although, with a book like that I would assume that 100% of profits will be given to various charities? Profiting from other people's suffering just doesn't sit well. That's assuming other people are actually mentioned and it doesn't turn into yet another me, me, me project.

That's if it ever sees the light of day. If it does it will be ripped to shreds, so that will be something to look forward to.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.