Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know much about the AA but is one of the steps more self awareness/honesty with self? Hence the crass 'I was a bit spiky' 'I need to take a minute' etc. She is so many different people it hurts x
Yeah she's trying to show some self-awareness there. It provides a convenient cover for her behaviour. Problem is, self-awareness is nothing if you don't then change your behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Second exclusive extract from Jack's book - a secretly recorded meeting from Buckingham Palace, circa 2011:

David Cameron: "Hello ma'am, what do you think of this law?"

Queen: "What does it do?"

David Cameron: "I dunno, starve the poor or some tit."

Queen: "Great, I hate the poor, where do I sign?"

• Haha
Reactions: 90
Zoinks Scoob 😬
Just read her searing takedown of the government. And what a steaming pile of self indulgent, incoherent, offensive drivel.
It must be one of the worst things she has ever written isn't it? I actually feel the shame that she should, but doesn't, for releasing that shite into the wild. And then having a hissy fit because someone didn't like it.
She’s like the Rachael Dolzial of working class.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
That extract was something else. I could feel my insides shriveling and my jaw dropping, so I abandoned halfway through. It literally left me speechless - it was awful on multiple levels.

Then the comments turned into a Jack internal combustion engine. Sheesh!! 😳 Surely it's part of a normal human existence to realise not everyone will like you or your output. When I get this in a work environment, usually I just have a chuckle to myself and move on. I don't want everyone to think I'm great, that's not a healthy target in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I for one hope the book gets published then gets reviewed by serous reviewers. She’s never had serious criticism from the people she wants to impress before, no one is going to harshly review a book of budget recipes but political writing where the author’s lack of knowledge and terrible prose are laid bare is going to be a different matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Just for my own understanding.

select which is correct:

A) Jack is writing a book, which will be for sale, about the suffering of poor people due to austerity.
B) Jack is suing Lee Anderson for saying she makes money off poor people.
C) Jack says she lives in relative poverty with a very limited budget.
D) Jack writes about a regular flow of people queueing up to eat her food, and claims to have a dozen glass jars filled with different shaped pasta in her kitchen at any one time.
E) Jack claims to have crippling rheumatoid arthritis which prevents her from gripping a cheese grater.
F) Jack is able to neatly write a repetitive list of the food in her cupboards, fridge and freezer, which she then photographs and uploads to Twitter (presumably using her hands)?
G) All of the above

OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 103
Lovely TD 😂
Is this the lady who recently went to Greece, exploring the islands, writing about the food, re-creating recipes etc and sharing wonderful photos on social media? The very thing that wacko Jacko wants to do at some point? Missed the boat, sorry, Jack pal!
(Sorry if I've mixed TD up with someone else whose twitter feed I was reading last week, I don't think I have but I stand to be corrected, as I'm not like Jack.) If it is the same person, her writing is SO much better than flapJack's.

I think someone already summed those 1000 words up with the word I was looking for - VERBOSE! :sleep:

Agree with what everyone else has said about this, too tired to think of anything original right now because I didn't have an expensive hammock to ease my pain yesterday so had a very very bad bad night. Please send cashios and coffee, preferably in Nick Kyrgios' capable hands.:love:🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I know it is a minor point amongst her bollocks - but in her list of prospective books she wants to foist upon the general public she includes 'a series of trashy crime novels'. The arrogance and snobbery is off the scale.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I know it is a minor point amongst her bollocks - but in her list of prospective books she wants to foist upon the general public she includes 'a series of trashy crime novels'. The arrogance and snobbery is off the scale.
There are two series of trashy books in my opinion-

Matt Haig’s and hers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Yep, not just one 'trashy' crime novel but a whole series of them. Plus why on earth does she think her drunken poetry would get published? Why would she even want it published? She really bypassed the embarrassment gene, she leaves it for the rest of us to feel it for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
This is amazing! I am hooting and fizzing and it’s not even 8am. Because a book like this, not a sloppy cookbook, has a good chance of being reviewed in an actual proper newspaper, and they’re not all just going to roll over and take her tit, at least one of them is going to critique & fact check.

Toot toot Jack! Can’t wait for publication
Do you seriously think this will be published? Do you really think ‘somebody' will put their name/reputation on this??

the only way this word jumble will see the light of day is vanity publishing

Reactions: 32
She's been harping on about this book for ages now. Most of it will be completely irrelevant - we are a world away from IDS, ATOS etc.
It's 6 years this month since Cameron left office. The world is such a different place now, he's practically ancient history. I'd imagine a lot of the under 18s would struggle to name him tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.