Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I think the recognition of her behaviour is progress for Jack, especially when coupled with her admitting she had made a mistake with the seeds. It is progress not perfection so it definitely has to be acknowledged as a step (groan!) in the right direction.
Ah, I have to say I think you're being too generous with her Lenny. It's by no means unusual for narc and self-centred people to admit to a fault or two ("I'm just spiky", "I'm just a bit impulsive", "I'm afraid I shoot from the hip sometimes") but to do so in a way which says "But that's just me; I don't need to change; you'll just have to take it or leave it." No real intention to change as the arrogance is just too strong. That's more Jack's vibe, I think.

The seeds thing was a relatively easy mistake to admit to because it didn't directly hurt the persona she's built up for herself, or her ego, so we shouldn't overstate the significance of it imho.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Ah, I have to say I think you're being too generous with her Lenny. It's by no means unusual for narc and self-centred people to admit to a fault or two ("I'm just spiky", "I'm just a bit impulsive", "I'm afraid I shoot from the hip sometimes") but to do so in a way which says "But that's just me; I don't need to change; you'll just have to take it or leave it." No real intention to change as the arrogance is just too strong. That's more Jack's vibe, I think.

The seeds thing was a relatively easy mistake to admit to because it didn't directly hurt the persona she's built up for herself, or her ego, so we shouldn't understate the significance of it imho.
I think you’re right - the evidence suggests she doesn’t even see anything wrong in her behaviour so it’s difficult to get change even off the ground.

I’m going to *checks notes* have a lie down to recover from giving Jack the benefit of the doubt

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just spotted this on Twatter :ROFLMAO:

"Could you perhaps be 'autistically thorough' about fulfilling any of your Patreon grifts? Sorry, promises?"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 129
I think you’re right - the evidence suggests she doesn’t even see anything wrong in her behaviour so it’s difficult to get change even off the ground.

I’m going to *checks notes* have a lie down to recover from giving Jack the benefit of the doubt

Don't forget that when she came here in thread 31 she did display some faux humility, 'admitting' that she could be impulsive, say the wrong thing, etc and that she was very aware of that. No discernible attempt to improve that behaviour in the ensuing two years though.

Perhaps you need some blended chicken miso soup and a sleep in a hammock, dear heart :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She probably thinks it’s Cameron’s fault she got sacked from the Sainsbury’s gig. It couldn’t possibly be her own fault.
I know you're joking but that is probably true.
Narcs can't accept blame, their brains are wired differently. Her brain won't let her understand that she was in the wrong so she'll automatically place it on someone or something else.

Reactions: 30
I enjoyed TMC, but I did read it sat round the pool while gently pickled via wine, so my review is probably unreliable.
Your review is v reliable. People should read whatever they want and enjoy, especially fiction. There’s been some terrible snobbery on here about fiction.

yours, a librarian 🔺

• Heart
Reactions: 74
Pretty sure everyone knows Jack's publisher by now.

For anyone new:
Screenshot_20220705-112718_Opera.jpg

And:

Screenshot_20220705-112826_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-112842_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-112855_Opera.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-112906_Opera.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I can't understand why any publisher would want this absolute swill? Do they want to lose money?
I don't think they do want to publish it which is why she's trotted out this nonsense.
In her snippy tweets from this morning there was one (can't find it now, sorry!) she said something like 'imagine a man being so angry about 1000 words from a book that hasn't been written yet'. She hasn't started it.
I think she's shown a draft or synopsis to the publisher and been told it is a non starter because it is tit/offensive and there is no market for it. She's had a tantrum, written this gobshite in temper and put it on Twitter to get the arselicking squiggles to say it is amazing and showing the publisher she is amazing and the book is amazing and therefore they have to give her an advance and publish it.
Like a bleeping child.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I had an ED (still do I suppose) and inertia and absolute lack of energy is something I remember very well. When I was in a pov (at the exact same circs and at the same time as Jack claims) I was never as hungry and empty as when I couldn't eat due to my ED. If Jack was literally starving during the pov, as she has claimed, she sure had energy enough to drag SB about in the rain, sell light bulbs, pose for the Southend Echo etc etc. Yes, hunger hurts, but this ghoul has never known that. Can't believe she's using real people's deaths as a gimmick to sell books and make more money 🤢
See, you've touched on something that's been on my mind for while re JM, but it's a very sensitive topic and I didn't know how to broach it. Here goes.

Jack's reminiscences of the physical hurt caused by hunger, the eating out of bins and so forth, are much closer to the kind of hunger experienced by an anorexic than someone who is going without food due to poverty. Real starvation takes a long time to kick in, and death by starvation, outwith mental health contributors, is almost unheard of in modern UK. (Malnutrition, or undereating due to poverty, sadly are not, but this is not the same as physical starvation, which take a long time to kick in in earnest and is very, very visible.) I do believe Jack when she says she ate a Big Mac out of a bin, but I think it was more likely to be a result of her ED - I also ate out of bins in the throes of bulimarexic behaviour. I do believe that Jack suffered from a restrictive ED although not necessarily full blown AN which thankfully is a rarer beast (DSM5 has widened the criteria for AN too far, I understand it's too allow people to access treatment more easily, but it doesn't help chronic sufferers but that's another issue). I do believe that Jack had and possibly still has residues of an ED; I don't believe she ever suffered from genuine malnutrition due to poverty although no doubt she skipped the odd meal. My issue is how often she elides the two, both in her stated timeline and in her florid descriptions. I'm not saying no one with an ED has never suffered food poverty, of course that's not the case, but it all feels...off to me, as a recovered ED person. Anyway, all this musing is coloured by my own experiences and I will delete if deemed too much by other Fraus.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.