Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From my experience lots of vulnerable women in a prison particularly sought out this type of literature
I also read somewhere that Martina Cole is another v popular author in women's prisons. She's ace although you need a strong stomach for some of the violent bits. Also Mo Hayder.

Anyway, with Jack, she's definitely got a little circle of regular detractors on Twitter now hasn't she? I find it very reassuring. It's no longer a flying monkeys circle only.

Reactions: 34
She's a publisher and counsellor? How's that?
Hedging her bets as she's rubbish at both, is my guess.

I adore that this therapist lists her specialties alphabetically.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
re: crime novels, it's like someone said about Caroline Calloway - Jack doesn't want to write a series of "trashy" crime novels, she wants to have written it with no effort on her part

Reactions: 31
I also read somewhere that Martina Cole is another v popular author in women's prisons. She's ace although you need a strong stomach for some of the violent bits. Also Mo Hayder.
Absolutely spot on, in fact crime fiction and non fiction were much sought after.

Reactions: 16
Hedging her bets as she's rubbish at both, is my guess.

I adore that this therapist lists her specialties alphabetically.
Agree! Her absolute support of Jack would make me not go anywhere near her other services. How can she be any good, seriously?

Reactions: 28
Is this the lady who recently went to Greece, exploring the islands, writing about the food, re-creating recipes etc and sharing wonderful photos on social media? The very thing that wacko Jacko wants to do at some point? Missed the boat, sorry, Jack pal!
(Sorry if I've mixed TD up with someone else whose twitter feed I was reading last week, I don't think I have but I stand to be corrected, as I'm not like Jack.) If it is the same person, her writing is SO much better than flapJack's.

I think someone already summed those 1000 words up with the word I was looking for - VERBOSE! :sleep:

Agree with what everyone else has said about this, too tired to think of anything original right now because I didn't have an expensive hammock to ease my pain yesterday so had a very very bad bad night. Please send cashios and coffee, preferably in Nick Kyrgios' capable hands.:love:🤪
Yes I think so. She also went to Venice just before Jack got “whisked away” 😂 She is also very good friends I think with G Hayden who is a cook book writer and used to work for …… THAT MAN !! I only know that cos I follow her too.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
As a Conservertive constituent I can assure the Canal that I have not withered, begged or starved due to their largess.

Praise (rinsed) beans.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Absolutely spot on, in fact crime fiction and non fiction were much sought after.
It makes sense, crime and misery memoirs can give people a catharsis for bad experiences, also helps people orient themselves; reading a story with clear-cut good guys and bad guys can help vulnerable people to feel like the world's been put to rights, in a sense. Also crime is just entertaining, everyone needs that!
Jack's Big Book of Misery is in another, ghoulish world though

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Oooh, ninnies! Listening to Radio 4 right now talking about the cost of living crisis and an expert discussing CANNED BEANS said that whole beans pretty much cost the same, steel has gone up in price by 200% and the can itself has gone up by 50%!!!!

They are all up in Jack’s niche - except that they aren’t coz she’s not mentioned this once (has she? Happy to be corrected!)

How will the Tin Can Cook frame cans becoming too expensive for us poors? Will she start recommending (prepares to faint….) fresh food?! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I’m sure this hasn’t gone how she thought it was. Think she would share this extract and Twitter would go wild and declare it the best and most important political writing in the last 50 years…

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Can I be cheeky and ask if anyone knows the rough timing of the sideboard glamour shots? I’m dying to read everyone’s live take on it…

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Can I be cheeky and ask if anyone knows the rough timing of the sideboard glamour shots? I’m dying to read everyone’s live take on it…
Would've been may/June two years ago. Maybe July? Iirc it was just after Edinburgh and just before the black eye.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I don't think they do want to publish it which is why she's trotted out this nonsense.
In her snippy tweets from this morning there was one (can't find it now, sorry!) she said something like 'imagine a man being so angry about 1000 words from a book that hasn't been written yet'. She hasn't started it.
I think she's shown a draft or synopsis to the publisher and been told it is a non starter because it is tit/offensive and there is no market for it. She's had a tantrum, written this gobshite in temper and put it on Twitter to get the arselicking squiggles to say it is amazing and showing the publisher she is amazing and the book is amazing and therefore they have to give her an advance and publish it.
Like a bleeping child.
She’s hoping for DKL mark II

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Jack should have had a lock on the dining room/studio that day ⬆

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.