Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it is a minor point amongst her bollocks - but in her list of prospective books she wants to foist upon the general public she includes 'a series of trashy crime novels'. The arrogance and snobbery is off the scale.
There’s a real gap in the market for crime novels 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I work in a different type of publishing but the bottom line is how much money is it going to make? Not how good is it and once a publisher has commissioned something, they’ll defend it to the hilt. Basically, how many sales can we make trumps everything.

• Sick
Reactions: 41
I would be surprised if Jacks last few books made money. She is constantly giving them away and I think the train wreck that was Veganuary and Linda McCartney will prevent any more ventures into veganism.

Jack said her publisher visited yesterday and today there is an extract from book number zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That would imply that she will publish this one. I remember once Jack said she wanted to give every member of parliament a copy of her political book. I wonder if the same fans that bought her books for food banks will be encouraged to buy it for politicians and anyone else Jack can think of to flog a copy to.

Jack and her book deals remind me of Lord of War where Nicholas Cage buys his wife's paintings and keeps them in a storage container with all the other things he does not want seen.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm rattled by her almost-sociopathic glee in misfortune and trauma. I also have plenty of books about poverty and the way it is deliberately constructed and maintained. They are well-written books though, by people who aren't spitefully fucked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I don't know much about the AA but is one of the steps more self awareness/honesty with self? Hence the crass 'I was a bit spiky' 'I need to take a minute' etc. She is so many different people it hurts x
AC87A92F-43FE-4389-8F56-766C9CD30A57.jpeg

I’ve popped the 12 Steps behind a spoiler in case anyone hasn’t seen them.

I think the recognition of her behaviour is progress for Jack, especially when coupled with her admitting she had made a mistake with the seeds. It is progress not perfection so it definitely has to be acknowledged as a step (groan!) in the right direction.

All 12-Step Fellowships encourage “honesty in all our affairs” and I think one of the fundamentals of the process is to become more self-aware and be a better version of ourselves by leaving toxic and destructive behaviours in the past.

I genuinely hope she’s working through the Steps with a sponsor. And maybe the not showing off the shiny chip on Twitter is part of that (it’s not for me but there’s nothing wrong in doing that. Maybe they’re working at her entire relationship with social media. Like I say, progress not perfection 😬)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
"Only the very worst and most callous of human beings would deliberately inflict such grievous bodily harm on another."

Again, for the sake of clarity, was that your parents, Jack, or what you yourself did to your son? Because if you really were starving then one of those two has to be the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Did anyone manage to get through that badly overwritten bollocks? It really sucks of Jack having to meet a word quota

If this diatribe of ill-informed pointlessness ever gets published, which I doubt, it is destined to languish, sadly, gently, forlornly on shelves of well-meaning left-leaning book suppliers across the nation, situated in sad comradeship, and nestling woefully, gently, sadly next to the book by that penny dreadful woman. The book that gave Penny ptsd because reviews were tit.

It will not be a surprise best seller, It will not be a talking point at dinner parties, It will not make the display tables in Foyles or Waterstones, It will end up lounging damply in soggy cardboard boxes in the shifty bungalow's garage as Jack sporadically makes attempts to offload them.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Where does she get the energy to just LIE so much?

I can guarantee that no food writer/chef (lol)/ cook in the history of the universe has ever written about their own "remarkable alchemy". That's one way of describing a pumble, I guess.

And I'm just agog at "given Royal Assent by the Queen herself". What would the squiggles do without these searing political insights?
She's copying from her child's citizenship homework. Keep an eye out for her hot take on The Chartists and Tom Payne

• Haha
Reactions: 40
So she's in her lovely big garden with her new puppy, throwing a hamburger plushie for the dog, and she literally can't be content in that moment, she has to be tweeting furious diatribes at strangers on twitter. It's tragic to witness.
She's one of those people who have everything pre-prepared to nonchalantly pull out of their arse, as if, oh, I just thought this up...

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm rattled by her almost-sociopathic glee in misfortune and trauma. I also have plenty of books about poverty and the way it is deliberately constructed and maintained. They are well-written books though, by people who aren't spitefully fucked up.
This is the thing. Everyone knows poverty is awful. From the most right wing, free market Thatcherite to the most dyed in the wool communist. Jack's endless death wank adds nothing to the debate.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I wonder if she will be using the same overwrought, florid language when she is on the phone to HMRC today...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1393262
She literally thinks she’s a wizard in the kitchen 🤣
Why are there only ever dregs in her fridge? I beg, for once just cook something on the same day of your performative £20 shop, so a recipe can start with 'bung a bunch of fresh veg into a cold pan and drizzle with oil'.

Why does David Cameron get an apostrophe, but not George Osborne, Theresa May, or Iain Duncan Smith?

She clearly understands the concept of the possessive apostrophe. Does she think this is quirky and fun, like thankyou?
She can only afford one apostrophe. You wouldn't understand, as you are not POOR.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I won't read anything with a pastel cover or which is termed chick lit. It offends my retinas. Golden age crime for me.... I do race through the written versions of Midsomer style crime but they are a distraction with tea and toast .
Oh, Golden Age British crime fiction is a joy. Also some of the stuff written during WW2, such an insight into what the war was like for people on the home front. But that was a totally different era and I see it in a very different light to today's 'cosy crime' genre, which makes me faintly nauseous.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This is the thing. Everyone knows poverty is awful. From the most right wing, free market Thatcherite to the most dyed in the wool communist. Jack's endless death wank adds nothing to the debate.
Death wank, strap on beak, nightmeat......she's a bleeping cenobite!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
'Anyone who is familiar with my work will know that I genuinely love food'

(I'm not reading the rest, dear hearts, I'm sure it's all bollocks sausages)

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.