Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What she wants is for the film franchise to threaten to sue her so she can ride into a legal battle on Content, her trusty steed.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I had an ED (still do I suppose) and inertia and absolute lack of energy is something I remember very well. When I was in a pov (at the exact same circs and at the same time as Jack claims) I was never as hungry and empty as when I couldn't eat due to my ED. If Jack was literally starving during the pov, as she has claimed, she sure had energy enough to drag SB about in the rain, sell light bulbs, pose for the Southend Echo etc etc. Yes, hunger hurts, but this ghoul has never known that. Can't believe she's using real people's deaths as a gimmick to sell books and make more money 🤢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 73
"trashy" crime novel ..OT
I'm currently reading "Thursday Murder Club". I finally caved in, as it seems to be so popular.

I just don't get it. It's like every stereotype about older people, cobbled together with a thin storyline. Werther's Originals, Countdown, Bus passes etc etc.

But I doubt Jack could do any better. She raved about TMC, having been given an advance copy by Richard Osman .

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I know it is a minor point amongst her bollocks - but in her list of prospective books she wants to foist upon the general public she includes 'a series of trashy crime novels'. The arrogance and snobbery is off the scale.
The villain would obviously have to only ever be a Tory or Jamie Oliver. With the protagonist being a smol lil pixie (and dog)

• Haha
Reactions: 39
So now she’s off for a cup of tea, now that she’s set the flying monkeys loose on the poor squig. And they are chewing him up. She has such lovely followers.
The squig did ask this question, which seems relevant, but she’s left him hanging. Obviously.
65121431-59F5-41E9-A832-9BB0A91A9D51.jpeg

Reactions: 31
I'm currently reading "Thursday Murder Club". I finally caved in, as it seems to be so popular.

I just don't get it. It's like every stereotype about older people, cobbled together with a thin storyline. Werther's Originals, Countdown, Bus passes etc etc.

But I doubt Jack could do any better. She raved about TMC, having been given an advance copy by Richard Osman .
I detest this 'cosy crime' genre, both the name and the style. There's nothing cosy about crime if you're a victim of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Getting away from that word jumble, it's phone HMRC day in the crappy bungalow and I thought I'd let you all know my good news!

Mr HMRC wrote me letter that landed on the mat this morning. Lads, I've paid too much tax! Imagine that Jack?! Praise beans for the refund winging its way to me. 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63

About 10 years ago I promised myself that I would never again read any book that was getting pumped by matey matey media luvvies eg Nigella, Caitlin Moran, India "Evil" Knight, you know the types. I've been so much happier and better read ever since.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

I found the TMC books oddly comforting like reading an episode of Midsummer Murders, but they are hardly works of literary note.

Watch her leap on JKR when the next Strike book is published "people want to compare me to JKR, were both single mothers and I've thought about writing a crime novel, but I'm nothing like her..." (Yeah Jackie because she's successful)

• Haha
Reactions: 49
About 10 years ago I promised myself that I would never again read any book that was getting pumped by matey matey media luvvies eg Nigella, Caitlin Moran, India "Evil" Knight, you know the types. I've been so much happier and better read ever since.
Add in Pandora Sykes, Dolly Alderton, Bella Mackie, Clover Stroud, Nell Frizzell, Caroline O'Donaghue, Daisy Buchanan et al

• Heart
Reactions: 41

It’s crap!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I enjoyed TMC, but I did read it sat round the pool while gently pickled via wine, so my review is probably unreliable.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
She's obsessed with Cameron, weirdly so. Her publisher can get in the damn bin for enabling and encouraging this tit. Let's remember too that the publisher is one of Jack's 'therapists' so she probably enables her more than anyone else 🙄. She's such a horrid writer! I tune out a few sentences in as it's such a ridiculously long winded way to say nothing of worth. Just a long, waffling me-rail, as per usual 🤷
She blames him for losing the sainsbo gig

• Sad
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.