Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lazarus

VIP Member
Sorry for the off topic post. I’m on page 10/20 and I don’t know if I’ll ever get up to date. I’ll spoiler it just so it doesn’t mess things up.
@Mr Krabs for you:
In thread 297 you gave some general advice about writing applications and reading it out loud. The advice was simple but came at a time I felt I was struggling and frustrated at the application writing advice I was receiving from a senior colleague. I felt I had to take their advice despite having a few unsuccessful job applications. Using your advice, I applied for my dream job and got an interview which was last Monday. I received a call this evening to say I got the job. I wish I could tell you all where it is because you’d fold yourselves inside out if you knew how adjacent it was to something we’ve discussed at great length on this thread.
anyway, thanks.
3C6961A5-4915-4DEF-BBC3-9DC61AFF5BA6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 175

Clapster1

Chatty Member
If she thinks twitter is full of freaks she's in for a shock. I had a friend once get taken out by a bloke who asked her for oral sex, when she refused he whipped it out anyway and pleasured himself. That's one of the horror stories I have been told!
I went on one internet date once (about 9 years ago) where we went out for a drink at a lovely pub. As I excused myself to go to the bathroom and stood up the person I was with said "Ooh!" Fumbled in their bag and slid a sandwich bag across the table towards me asking if I could catch a poo for them. 💩
Unsurprisingly I left and never dated that way again.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 147

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
An English teacher, a doctor and a ceramicist walk into a bar.

Fortunately for all concerned, Jack sleeps through her 27 alarms and doesn't turn up for any of her dates.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 122

moldwarp

VIP Member
Jack. You don’t have any “starf*ckers”. You need to be a star for that.

look at her dispensing tinder wisdom. She’s been on it half a day and she’s already COMPLETED IT MATE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 119

Gentlemensrelish

Chatty Member
For anyone genuinely worried about her - she's been on her Twitter bullshit for a decade now. She's repeated these ridiculous cycles more times than I can remember. She's fine, she's just a mad fantasist who never grew out of the teenage girl trait of making shit up to give the appearance of an interesting life.

In reality, she lives in a nice house, in a nice area, near her nice parents with her nice son and his nice dad. She owns nice things and has a nice media career and now, it seems, a nice dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 118

Lucy Aeroplane

VIP Member
Lots to catch up on. I’m nowhere near all the way through yet. If what Jack is posting is true (I know, I know, but let’s assume it’s not all lies for once) then I am scared for her. To begin with I was very “lol wow” but reading on a bit and seeing more screenshots, how clueless she is, I am now worried instead.

Jack is not as smart as she thinks she is. She is not as streetwise as she thinks she is. She is - assuming her social media activity is reflective of her current state of mind - pretty unstable and definitely vulnerable.

There are many - a terrifying many - men out there keen to cause harm to women. Jack is a relatively public figure, a polarising woman, and a potential target for someone who could convincingly pretend they’re what she wants them to be, enough to get to the point she’ll take them home with her. There are horrifically fucked up men out there (I hardly need to explain that after the news about poor Zara Aleena😞) and they would not bat an eyelid at causing great harm to a woman like Jack.

Without wanting to 🔺 myself here, I deal with the impacts of male violence against vulnerable women and girls each day. Online incel groups are an increasing source of anti-female radicalisation of men of all ages, resulting in increased harm to vulnerable women and children.

If anyone who cares about her IRL is reading this, please can you take steps to safeguard her (at least, as much as you can any adult woman with capacity)? I think she’s a long way off anything like deprivation of liberty yet but I don’t think - again, just based on what we are seeing of her SM activity, indications of instability - she is really able to make smart and sensible decisions about who she lets into her home rn.

I will not be asking her local police to do a welfare check. Someone who cares more about her on a personal level might want to. Jack’s behaviour has been revolting for a long time now, but she does not deserve to come to harm because nobody was looking out for her.

Ideally, someone who cares more about her will be able to talk some sense into her. Maybe she could even be persuaded to see a doctor - as a patient seeking assistance for their increasingly problematic mental health issues. But she should have someone looking out for her. No-one should be putting herself out there and making herself as vulnerable as Jack unwittingly is rn.

Edited to add, am honestly racking my brains for old Southend friends who might be arsed to check up on her and am coming up blank, and that’s so fucking sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 115

Funsizes

I don't know who started it but I think the next thread title needs to be "a doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 110

Yel

Chatty Member
At least she's carefully vetting them and not just meeting with anyone from the internet after a few messages 😆

Good job nothing she says is true.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
A7937381-83E3-4417-A9B8-2D40364FCC73.jpeg

As I glanced at the profiles of eligible men in front of me, a million questions swirled through my head. Was it too soon? Did they have a big car? Could this be a ticket to a forever home? And I realised, while I wasn’t completely over Harold, I had to put myself out there again. It was time to bake a cake for someone new.

I couldn’t help but wonder… was the best way to get over someone, to get under someone else?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107