Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s get some perspective here. Jack is so traumatised by the poverty she can’t open her mail or answer her door. Jack also likes to tell Twitter she is traumatised by the abusive relationships, sex work, death & rapethreats and the stalker. Yet Jack, of the many traumas, is comfortable putting her information on a dating app, then spending all day chatting to these random people, then arranging 3 dates with these anonymous men and just for good measure she reveals all this to half a million strangers on the internet. 🤷‍♀️
Exactly. And it's not just her followers on twitter. Anyone, anywhere can see.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
For what it's worth, I do think Jack is genuinely mentally unwell. Her problem (in my inexpert opinion) is that she has several personality disorders, but she's seeking help for the wrong things and not really getting to the root of the problem. They are very reluctant to diagnose personality disorders, and when they do, patients don't often accept them. And even if they do they're incredibly hard to treat.
Jack has self-diagnosed so many conditions, but never the one/s that actually apply to her. I think part of the problem is that she's too arrogant to admit there might be something wrong psychologically, especially something like a personality disorder which carries a lot of stigma. See, for example, her joke about OH's 'needing to see a doctor' comment, or her aggressive responses to well-meaning squigs - sometimes to the point of sending personal attack tweets to someone before she realises that they were giving her a compliment. I'm guessing that's why her parents don't correct her more often...it's more likely to trigger a defensive tantrum than any changes in behaviour.

This is very, very very true. You need to be able to advocate for yourself to fight for help, in addition to being able to speak up for yourself and know what to say, it requires tenacity, an understanding of how the system works, and knowledge of what to do when your first attempt (or five) don't get anywhere. This obviously leaves the most vulnerable the least able to seek help.
I have to second (or third) this point. Can't emphasise enough how much it's true. Accessing mental health support when you're in crisis shouldn't be a case of jumping through hoops and needing to say the right things, but this is the reality of the exhausting process people go through just to be taken seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Gosh, Jack is in for a wild ride on Tinder/dating apps. Is she going to ask permission to post conversations when the teacher stops replying or things fizzle out, or is she just going to tweet about how much of an hole he is? She is going to find it very difficult to deal with the rejection, as I'm sure it won't be her who oh so conveniently cannot find time for a second date.

Me rail - once went on an OkCupid date with a bloke who wore a t-shirt that said "stare at me in disgust if you want to blow me" ☹

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 73
I’m not really a dog person (send reptile-os) but I am concerned for the well-being of content.

Does content still live with her? And if so, then it’s very concerning.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I’m not really a dog person (send reptile-os) but I am concerned for the well-being of content.

Does content still live with her? And if so, then it’s very concerning.
I knew the novelty would quickly wear off but even I’m shocked at the lack of interest so soon.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
For anyone genuinely worried about her - she's been on her Twitter bullshit for a decade now. She's repeated these ridiculous cycles more times than I can remember. She's fine, she's just a mad fantasist who never grew out of the teenage girl trait of making tit up to give the appearance of an interesting life.

In reality, she lives in a nice house, in a nice area, near her nice parents with her nice son and his nice dad. She owns nice things and has a nice media career and now, it seems, a nice dog.

• Heart
Reactions: 118
I’m not being funny but she’s incredibly lucky if within a few hours of signing up she’s having 200 message conversations with guys considering most of them are total fuckwits.

This may be harsh, but even if it’s the bikini photo I’m thinking of I can’t see how many men would find her attractive. Especially when she gets the photo album out and we see masculine aesthetic weird uncle Jack and burglar Bill Jack. Not sure where she’s getting this confidence from as most things in her profile are easily disproved by a quick Google.

Don’t believe any of this is true about Tinder, it’s all made up so the whole world knows how irresistible she is. It’s also massively disrespectful to be talking about people she’s known a few hours to a platform so huge.
I think it's all true. Her interactions and matches may be exaggerated for Twitter content but I think she really is on Tinder looking for real-life action. This is genuine break-up behaviour from an NPD/EUPD/HPD sufferer. There are similarities with her known break-up behaviour post Louisa, especially obtaining a baby animal for a "love" substitute.

I find Jack hideous but that's mostly because I dislike her. She's a youngish, slim, marginally attractive woman on Tinder, broadcasting vulnerability and desperation for sex and validation. Scrotes will flock to her like flies on tit.

There are three types of men she will attract:

1) The unfussy men just looking to get their dick wet.
2) Men who are very vulnerable and naïve themselves and easily taken in by her.
3) Actual predators who can smell her vulnerability and stupidity from 100 miles away.

I truly hope she avoids the 3's because she's making herself a prime target right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I haven't grunked the last 7 or so pages (got caught up with the tennis -- eee, harmony tan!), but I've seen her twitter. wtf is so funny about commissary?

she's very strange

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
Is she now dating Men? 🤷‍♂️ Men in scrubs, ideal man etc
So weird that none of her good friends on twitter are confused about this, given she's always been known, thanks to her, as a big lezzie leftie. I guess she feels she has to rebrand as some Mormon mom for continuity reasons. Just no actual acknowledgement of it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
At the risk of coming over all Mumsnet. Seriously, first rule of safeguarding, if you are concerned about someone, capacity or not, is to report with the information you have. Then step back. You can google the Adult/Child safeguarding teams in local authority concerned and report on line.

Reactions: 22
Mm. Just catching up from midday so came across the Tinder stuff.

I don't buy it tbh. She wants everyone to worry. She is an expert in getting people to worry. Remember she has been practising for years. I think she's possibly set up a profile for validation 🙄, but this wrecklessness and setting up numerous dates? Nah. I wouldn't put it past the appalling attention seeker to say she was off on a date then go quiet for a while to get more worry and attention.
I agree with someone who said earlier this is aimed at Louisa. Harold blotted out the misery of losing her temporarily.
The only ones I worry about at all are SB and Laurie. They both deserve better.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Gosh, Jack is in for a wild ride on Tinder/dating apps. Is she going to ask permission to post conversations when the teacher stops replying or things fizzle out, or is she just going to tweet about how much of an hole he is? She is going to find it very difficult to deal with the rejection, as I'm sure it won't be her who oh so conveniently cannot find time for a second date.

Me rail - once went on an OkCupid date with a bloke who wore a t-shirt that said "stare at me in disgust if you want to blow me" ☹
Missed a lot of posts. I can’t help feel she is doing it for content (not the dog) but she has something to talk about, because she seems to have f all to say otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I agree, she has either relapsed with alcohol or J1g or both. Or she is playing everyone like a fiddle. I'm still not convinced Hazza was real. Jack is desperate to stay relevant, she is a has been but won't admit it. She has to keep churning out chaoses in order to cling to her waning fame.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I haven't grunked the last 7 or so pages (got caught up with the tennis -- eee, harmony tan!), but I've seen her twitter. wtf is so funny about commissary?

she's very strange
Wonder what brought her to that particular thread from 10th April 🧐🤷‍♀️
Screenshot_20220629-003353_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Tbh, she is so thirsty and apparently so brazen about that fact she wants babies. I think she should be in a donor website.

This is going to go more wrong that the dry run of the atom bomb!
Grunkaing, but then she'd have to pay for it and take full responsibility for it. And she'd have no one to give the kid to when she's over it. She wanted SB, and look how that's ended up. She's so lucky his dad is a decent sort who stepped up. Things could've been so much worse

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.