Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Can we please never discuss Jack fanfic again Thankyou and fuck off x

"oh jack," breathed harold, softly and gently against jack's softy soft soft ear, "you're driving me wild with your mediterranean arse in those filthy, filthy jeans. can I see your pumble?"

nope.

can't do it. i need to hold on to my dinner

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 93

Lazarus

VIP Member
Slightly bitter that Tinder Swindler part II didn’t get the thread title it deserved. Might make a spite filled trifle this evening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Yikes. I feel bad for laughing earlier. I should have know better, I had a feeling this might be the kind of chaos that starts out hilarious then quickly turns “omg wtf”.

I don’t even know if I feel sorry for her. It’s all so performative, like others have said. If she wasn’t sharing all this on Twitter then, it wouldn’t be a big deal. What if this teacher she’s matched with sees what she’s just been tweeting?! 🚩

I definitely think for sure that Harold was real, but she didn’t love him, she was just using him for her own needs (mortgage, etc) and for narc supply.
100% agree. I’m actually quite conflicted in how I feel. I wouldn’t be surprised if she tweets tomorrow to say she didn’t make her year (although if that is the case, she probably just won’t bring it up). I’ve stayed open minded when others have thought she’s picked up but whether she has drank alcohol or not, this is surprising behaviour for someone so into AA they’re a secretary. Sadly I have seen people in that position though 🤷🏻‍♀️. If she is dishonest about AA then it really is only her she’s hurting.

I’ve recently had an AA birthday and they’re still quite reflective for me. Thinking back to my 1st birthday, my lovely dad was really poorly and I had been called to say they didn’t think he would make the night. Those are different circumstances to being dumped and they’re probably not even comparable…but I know I had worked hard on myself in that first year and something like that was obviously tough, but I felt equipped to deal with it.

I loved my first birthday meetings. It was a real privilege and I also got the chance to thank the people of the groups for loving me until I could love myself, not judging me when I was in and out, turning up drunk etc. This is a merail (sorry!) but I just pick up the vibe that Jack has never really allowed herself the chance to work on her. The chance to look at her behaviours and what motivates them and to be honest, whether she has drank in the last 12 months, getting the chip will be quite bittersweet for her. Unless of course she really can’t see anything wrong in her behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

Flumps

VIP Member
I know I get sucked in to Jackempathy *every* time, but I tend to agree with @Lucy Aeroplane's analysis of this whole thing.

I did this. Long story, but after an abusive (for reals) marriage, then a relationship that I thought was lovely but came crashing down in utter horror (for reals), I got on the dating apps.

Externally I was all, I'm *done* with love, I am empowered woman (TM) going out to have fun (I may have even used the word 'adventures') with people who will make me laugh and, frankly, are dtf. I am not as conventionally attractive as Jack and I was a few years older at the time. I had plenty of people to talk to and, frankly, could have had sex with a different person every day of the week if I'd chosen to. Unlike Jack, I didn't really share this with friends, I joked about dating, but I didn't get into the sheer volume of people I was talking to, or how easy it is as a woman to get initial dates, because men, in particular, aren't picky if you're essentially saying 'I am not interested in a relationship, I want to find you vaguely amusing and attractive enough to want to fuck. Then we can have drinks and do just that.'

Internally I was brittle, angry, in a lot of pain and self destructing. I used the apps for about 6 months, spiralling into more and more dangerous behaviour. I treated 3 or 4 people who I did get to know and who I know genuinely liked me, incredibly badly, as that's another thing, some men turn out to have genuine emotions too. Anyway, this self-destructive dating was a symptom of my imminent and horrendous breakdown and 4 months off work, and for a while I carried on and got worse and worse. I was using the apps as a form of self-harm and doing a powerfully good job with it. I still occasionally get nightmares thinking about how things might have ended if it hadn't been brought to a stop.

I almost don't want to mention what got me out of it, because I worry JM will see it as a template for a story (by which I mean she'll try and make it happen rather than make it up), but I met my now partner and he took none of my shit, got me to engage in recovery and therapy and sat with me through a lot of bad stuff. I don't recommend this as a solution as it's vanishingly unlikely to happen and he is just on the right side of someone with a bit of a 'I can fix the broken' complex (though I have, sort of ironically, joked with him that maybe he needs just as much therapy as I did).

I am getting the actual chills with Jack's behaviour now, because it is cringingly similar to mine in the past (except I did it in mostly secret and didn't put in on blast on 500k followers). @jack - I felt empowered too, and all 'no feelings will ever touch me again' and that I was in control. I really wasn't and it was a whole mess. Please don't do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

Feck

Chatty Member
It's utter insanity to be sharing this level of detail online for the five minute high she gets from the Twitter interaction.

All of this bravado is all good and well until it's not anymore and the regret sets in. She has such an unhealthy relationship with social media. Surely there must be somebody irl seeing this and getting concerned? This is manic behaviour for somebody IN THE PUBLIC EYE. If my friends were posting this anywhere other than a private WhatsApp group I would be alarmed. What is she thinking?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Oh my GOD she doesn't have two doctorates! Sorry but this is my aneurysm - it's so insulting for Jack to swan about lying on her dating profile (and everywhere else) about having two PhDs when they're honorary. The whole point is that you don't do academic work for them.

If Jack's so immersed in academia that she's produced two doctorates, where is she when we're striking for our pensions? Where is she when we're arguing for the rights of early career researchers? Where's her outrage about the government's plans to arbitrarily pull funding from degrees they don't consider to produce enough "high paying" graduates? Where are her comments about Sheffield Hallam this week?

Bloody tumblweed is where.

• Heart
  • Haha

Mrs Peel

VIP Member
Jesus I think she must be off her face. I note she hasn’t posted a sobriety update for a while.
On June 21st she posted that she was 358 days sober. According to my rusty sums today should be 1 year. Why isn't she shouting it from the rooftops? Or at least tweeting about it over and over...

• Sad
  • Heart