Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just got a FB ad for loft insulation and it triggererd a pumble flashback. :eek:

1656451675517.png

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
She has shown worrying behaviour time and time again which has made fraus concerned for her welfare but she continues like the ever ready bunny on acid on an ever lasting trip to narc town.

She has had opportunities and support that most struggling people would dream of and she squanders every single one of them as she has no self awareness and I don’t think she has the ability/willingness to change. She’s not the problem, everyone else is. I’m surprised that this hasn’t happened every time she’s been dumped tbh as she can’t be alone because then she might have to stop and look at herself.

A lot of this is about Harold and I hope he either isn’t seeing any of it or doesn’t respond in any way at all. I would imagine a lot of the things she posts is a dig at the many people she thinks have treated her badly over the years.

People I’ve had in my life who have behaved similarly when I’ve ended things with them include the woman who told me she was self harming to stop me leaving and another who told me she wanted me to be her wife and for us to get a place together. Both then putting dramatic posts on social media about being treated badly and heartbroken but then loved up within weeks and trying to marry the new victim after a few more weeks.

Narcs hold grudges too. My lovely Mother catfished her ex husband using a sock account on Facebook nearly 35 after they split up. She’s in her 60s and has many sock accounts she uses to cause chaos and punish people who she thinks have wronged her.
I agree. She's done this sort of thing for years. I think she wants the fame and its trappings, that she thinks she deserves, at any cost. She struck lucky with the poor single mother thing. Which clearly didn't happen as she tells it. It's old news, everything around SM has moved on. So she starts spouting off about being a ballet dancer, a singer (wasn't there talk of an x factor audition?), amazing piano player, getting involved in on line spats for causes that she just drops, Blah blah blah.

I do think if she was 10-15 years younger she'd be full on involved the insta/tiktok/reality show lifestyle.

Reactions: 44
I was wondering about this. What will happen at the school when situations like this arise?
I don’t think she is primary carer. I think if he got some tit from other kids or said something to a teacher they would probably just speak to Dad who I think it’s increasingly clear is his primary carer.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Yep, I have seen the system up close, albeit this was over 20 years ago. More recently someone close to me was sectioned (their second time) so I’ve had a front row seat to the NHS’s MH decline (although it wasn’t very good in the 90s and early 00s either) and I’ve also seen how people who are able to articulate and advocate for themselves get much better access to treatment than those deemed as “others”.

I hear what you’re saying about explanations, but she’s been like this before, hyper attention seeking post break up. Sure it’s not mentally sound behaviour, but I think she’s that privileged that if she’s got to the grand old age of 34 without engaging properly and honestly in treatment despite multiple opportunities, then that’s on her, and she’s a twazzock.

I’m finding it all very funny, though.
This is very, very very true. You need to be able to advocate for yourself to fight for help, in addition to being able to speak up for yourself and know what to say, it requires tenacity, an understanding of how the system works, and knowledge of what to do when your first attempt (or five) don't get anywhere. This obviously leaves the most vulnerable the least able to seek help.

For what it's worth, I do think Jack is genuinely mentally unwell. Her problem (in my inexpert opinion) is that she has several personality disorders, but she's seeking help for the wrong things and not really getting to the root of the problem. They are very reluctant to diagnose personality disorders, and when they do, patients don't often accept them. And even if they do they're incredibly hard to treat.

• Sad
She's really not. Her ex telling her to go to the doctor is not a good sign.
Exactly. This was someone close to her, who saw her behaviour in real life, and was concerned. I wonder if he was the one who instigated the welfare check (assuming it actually happened)?

• Heart
Lots to catch up on. I’m nowhere near all the way through yet. If what Jack is posting is true (I know, I know, but let’s assume it’s not all lies for once) then I am scared for her. To begin with I was very “lol wow” but reading on a bit and seeing more screenshots, how clueless she is, I am now worried instead.

Jack is not as smart as she thinks she is. She is not as streetwise as she thinks she is. She is - assuming her social media activity is reflective of her current state of mind - pretty unstable and definitely vulnerable.

There are many - a terrifying many - men out there keen to cause harm to women. Jack is a relatively public figure, a polarising woman, and a potential target for someone who could convincingly pretend they’re what she wants them to be, enough to get to the point she’ll take them home with her. There are horrifically fucked up men out there (I hardly need to explain that after the news about poor Zara Aleena😞) and they would not bat an eyelid at causing great harm to a woman like Jack.

Without wanting to 🔺 myself here, I deal with the impacts of male violence against vulnerable women and girls each day. Online incel groups are an increasing source of anti-female radicalisation of men of all ages, resulting in increased harm to vulnerable women and children.

If anyone who cares about her IRL is reading this, please can you take steps to safeguard her (at least, as much as you can any adult woman with capacity)? I think she’s a long way off anything like deprivation of liberty yet but I don’t think - again, just based on what we are seeing of her SM activity, indications of instability - she is really able to make smart and sensible decisions about who she lets into her home rn.

I will not be asking her local police to do a welfare check. Someone who cares more about her on a personal level might want to. Jack’s behaviour has been revolting for a long time now, but she does not deserve to come to harm because nobody was looking out for her.

Ideally, someone who cares more about her will be able to talk some sense into her. Maybe she could even be persuaded to see a doctor - as a patient seeking assistance for their increasingly problematic mental health issues. But she should have someone looking out for her. No-one should be putting herself out there and making herself as vulnerable as Jack unwittingly is rn.

Edited to add, am honestly racking my brains for old Southend friends who might be arsed to check up on her and am coming up blank, and that’s so bleeping sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 115
I imagine anyone in her circle who knows her probs has her tweets hidden or just chooses not to look because of the cringe

Reactions: 32
1. Teacher won’t earn enough for her. Headteachers earn around £80k depending on area/size of school. Middle age teacher is bound to be divorced too, possibly kids.
2. What’s she going to say when he asks what she studied at uni….actually I lied and I’ve only got 4.5 GCSEs and I’ve got a massive chip on my shoulders about teachers and I bleeping hate you…

• Haha
Reactions: 56
"My 12-year-old son reads my social media."

"Let me announce to my 500k followers that I'm actively looking for casual sex!"

Pick one FFS.
Yep, and not so long ago she was thinking about letting her son do her social media admin
Can you imagine? 🫣
All this to get back at OH. She’s actually deranged.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
She is really unwell, I think it's an accumulation of bascially her life going down the swanee, no one in her real life bothering much, it's interesting how during the dayhab/ sorting her life out, how she seemingly had a decent support network. Now it seems like she's back to being on her Todd. I get the feeling she wears people down and they become exhausted with her constant drama. You rarely see her proper friends actually tell her that a " wacky idea or impulse" she has is a good idea. I find that very telling.

To me an am outsider it definitely reads she's lonely and struck in a rut and she's too ignorant and self absorbed to ask for help getting back on her feet.

• Sad
Reactions: 45
I have Covid (it finally caught me) I thought the tinder announcement on Twitter was a fever dream.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.