Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t she carry a suitcase full of kitchen equipment up to Edinburgh and then carry it to a flat.

so…full…of…tit

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Her latest article is actual poetry, truly a new laureate in the making (I'm joking obvs, the prose is Urban Decay's A&E palette levels of purple)

sliding into this
cesspit of deprivation
and destitution

scrabble somehow to
the sunlit uplands of just
about managing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Worst thi

No it will have been an artist employed for the gathering to take notes in real time and fashion them into a picture.
All the rage round the voluntary sector and fairly pricey
It's a thing. Over a 2 day conference the drawing can reach right around the walls...

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
She's complaining about hauling medical items, which she'd be wearing if there was anything wrong with her anyways, after hauling back a bunch of rusty tat from her holibobs antiquing.

Reactions: 28
Ugh, just had a grim thought

OH actually owns an empire and is minted.

Jack feins such surprise at this news when it is very publicly 'leaked'.

Because of course, he knows nothing about her, nor she him. They never Googled each other, they just fell in love with each other's delicious ordinaryness.

:sick: 🤢🤮
On the J O'B Unfiltered podcast I listened to last week, she was going on about how she has a strict No Googling agreement with every new partner (she was with LJC at the time of this podcast) and I'm like...how does that work? Yeah I invented Healthy Start vouchers but DON'T Google that. Sainsbury's fired me because I have tattoos... don't Google that. This new victim isn't allowed to Google her and isn't on any social media (deliciously ordinary and not famous) so everything they know about Jack must come only from Jack ⛳

(of course they and their families are Googling the tit out of her.)

• Haha
Reactions: 49
DHP is complicated.

Scenarios I know of it being paid in (cos I have actual POV friends with real, inter generational poverty in duck awful areas) during the last 5 years, are:

- Unreasonable rent price rise, that was challenged but failed (£200 for a tit hole in a tit hole, which the owner won as they claimed they needed the extra to do the long overdue repairs that EH had slapped them a notice for). Eventually the tenant was given a council house as the repairs were never done and it was condemned 12 months later.

- Friends husband did a midnight flit with another woman, leaving her well in the tit. This was paid for 6 months and then extended for another 6 months because he was a CMS dodging hole.

A few others applied, for other genuine reasons, and were declined. It’s by no means guaranteed or long term.

Wrong again, Cack.

Reactions: 17
Jack does not travel with unnecessary stuff. Stop mithering, pls x

Edinburgh trip, July 2020.

Screenshot_20200716-090330_Instagram.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 09.25.44.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Sorry, I'm a massive witch and needed to make that drawing of Jack more accurate. There were no Tiffany dupe earrings for a start. What is this, amateur hour?

the real jack monroe.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
Tell me she's not trying to imply that her hand being a bit sore/cramped from non stop tweeting is a rheumatoid arthritis flare.
Please.
Because you can literally see RA if you're familiar with the condition and, as she would say to Marcus, that ain't it.

Also, I read that book when it came out almost a decade ago, but she's really out here pretending to discover the notion of ACE etc. It's actually giving me savage second hand embarrassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.