Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by the food writer of the year 2022 at the Fortnum awards. Went through pages and pages of most liked with no thread titles and a few of us thought this would be good 😬 but report if I've missed one!

Full title: How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author yes this is a rhetorical question and the answer is infinitely

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 99
How do you hoard food when you've got a budget of £20 per week, pray tell?

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 12.53.41.png

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Just a thought, if Jack pursues the alleged libel case and loses the judge could do worse than sentence her to plant and maintain some trees to make up for all the paper she's wasted with her innumerable lever arch files.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Hi Jack. There's no such thing as housing benefit any more unless you are still on one of the legacy benefits. You don't apply for housing benefit. You apply for universal credit online and they pay something called rent element to you and you pay it to your landlord unless you struggle with finances and you can ask it to go to them direct. You also apply for council tax reduction online

Your advice is not up to date. And given that UC has been in existence for years that is very poor form

Also I've never heard of dhp being used to pay the shortfall between rent element and the LHA rent amount. People on UC unfortunately have to make up the shortfall from their personal allowance. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that

In Scotland dhp is used to mitigate the bedroom tax

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Hi Jack. There's no such thing as housing benefit any more unless you are still on one of the legacy benefits. You don't apply for housing benefit. You apply for universal credit online and they pay something called rent element to you and you pay it to your landlord unless you struggle with finances and you can ask it to go to them direct. You also apply for council tax reduction online

Your advice is not up to date. And given that UC has been in existence for years that is very poor form
Also discretionary housing payments are just that, discretionary so therefore not guaranteed. Its also not designed to be a stop gap for long term issues.

Reactions: 39
She is going to give away all the data she has been sent? Can she do this, even is she removes identifying information?

eta - and if she removes all the identifyng info, what use is the research? I am assuming she is including all the personal stories she asked to be sent to her in this.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 61

Also I've never heard of dhp being used to pay the shortfall between rent element and the LHA rent amount. People on UC unfortunately have to make up the shortfall from their personal allowance. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that

In Scotland dhp is used to mitigate the bedroom tax
Is she grunking in real time? This has been deleted ....

Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 13.05.16.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
You have 8 (not 9) lever arch files of stuff on ACEs?

Crack on.

The psychologists are ~literally~ quaking in their DMs.
It's amazing isn't it? Yeah, if you do decide to research this, ignore all the existing and ongoing research out there and come and see my tatty ring binders instead.

Why is she so obsessed with ring binders and filling them up with paper? Every article she writes is the same "I was poor and now I'm scared of envelopes, then my pants fell down and I got chewing gum in my haaaaaair". Piss off you whining toenail.

Why does none of this hoarded knowledge ever show up in any meaningful way? At best she tacks a few statistics onto the end of her me railing where they sit like undigested pumble.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Love the thread title.

Hate that she's suggesting sharing personal data because that's what those lever arch files are.

• Angry
Reactions: 46
She is going to give away all the data she has been sent? Can she do this, even is she removes identifying information?
Doesn't permission have to be given that it can be shared with a third party?
But of course Jack will be on top of that. What with being so organised and forensic due to The Povertyâ„¢

• Haha
Reactions: 42
If she was in any way a legitimate researcher: absolutely not.

If she had any integrity: absolutely not.

As she is a charlatan with no respect for how privileged she is to be in a position to mine other people’s trauma for her own monetary gain: she probably will.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Is she grunking in real time? This has been deleted ....

View attachment 1347232
I hope so because she's giving out of date tit advice. The hardest thing when applying for UC is having to go through proving your identity online but when that's done it's easy

There's no paper form filling any more. All I had to do extra was give proof that I was at uni part time and I wasn't getting a grant because I get a fee waiver as I'm on a low income and all I had to do was upload my award letter to my UC journal

This just shows how out of touch she is. She knows nothing about what it's like to be on benefits in 2022.

Also if you are in work on a low income you claim UC. You have to. You are not allowed just to be in part time work and claim HB anymore. You have to claim universal credit

And that applies to people working 30 hours a week who claim the child element of UC. They still would be asked to look for work that paid them 35 hours a week if they were on min wage

Reactions: 25
I wonder how long it will be before I am going to sue YOU Jack appears again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.