Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely by the time she gets to writing book 8 this research will be out of date?
Also, re: the biological impact of poverty. This is something neither she nor SB will ever experience. She was brought up in a middle class household and doesn’t have those experiences. She doesn’t have the additional burden of inter generational poverty, multi generations of unemployment or poorly paid jobs with insecure income
She has no idea what she’s talking about.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
The final thing I would like to witch about is Jack timing her visit to arrive half an hour before she was due to give her talk.
It is not at all unusual for trains to be delayed. What then. No talk. So casual.

Reactions: 36
Worst thi
Has she done this? It’s the sort of time wasting wanky activity that she would do. Has it been drawn on wallpaper? 🧐
No it will have been an artist employed for the gathering to take notes in real time and fashion them into a picture.
All the rage round the voluntary sector and fairly pricey

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Why didn't OH drive her on his big car?!
I know you meant IN the car but this image immediately popped into my head. Suits her, Jack often gives me Mr Bean vibes. Like, imagine him cutting an onion. Who's who 👀

ETA: who's that imposter head on Mr Bean?! Well, just imagine it's Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
There are so many academic books and theses on the subject of poverty and austerity, written by people who have spent years doing thorough research.

I'm not sure who her 8 lever arch file misery fest is aimed at.

Reactions: 34

but she didn't bloody pack or organise them did she cos she's said she doesn't have them with her. So much for forensic autistic brain this week eh? Forgot her arthritis kit and her clothes......

oh and I have a friend with severe arthritis and she would love her hands to look like Jacks!!!

didn't seem to have any trouble travelling abroad for the weekend though did she?

and how can anyone who is so thick claim to have such indepth knowledge about so many topics......its all bullshit

and I'm guessing with the days sober tweets theres going to be a big love fest when she hits a year

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
No it will have been an artist employed for the gathering to take notes in real time and fashion them into a picture.
All the rage round the voluntary sector and fairly pricey
I hope no one's paid for it - the spelling/grammar mistakes are understandable if it's something a kid did but...

"a email"
"Day-today"
"A way" as two separate words
The bubble on the left with (yes) "ABSOLUTELY" in...it makes no sense! Presumably it's missing a word, but that one of the bubbles which comes off of that one makes no sense too. It reads as:

"Should people with be in the centre of policy making? Absolutely! You'll stop putting their needs in the centre of what you're doing!"

Disclaimer: I wouldn't be this judgemental if it was a kid's work, informal online posting like tattle/twitter/facebook, or even something done for fun. However I see a website address on here so I think Ellis is right, they get paid for this!

(Also nearly forgot the apostrophe in "don't stop" but just managed to squeeze it in, I see 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I'm fairly sure she grunked and read yesterday's posts about travelling being difficult for her with her conditions and had a lightbulb moment for some content. That pic of her hand...😂 ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 37
My hands would feckin seize up too if I was on my phone as much as this grifter. (And no, I don’t have any diagnosed conditions)
It's ok the OH has given her screen time and seemingly takes the phone off her every 8 weeks to holiday.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
…… she packed NOTHING!!! WTF?! So she clearly did just pop on a train with NOTHING!

Am I missing something? She clearly carried nothing of use(not even a clean shirt the bellend) so what is she on about?

I think I’m at max Jack and must run away and ignore her barmy world and words for a bit 😂😂😂 Jaysus she would wear you out!

(eta: I’m rage texting so used clearly far too often. Clearly.)
So what was in the adidas bag?

charity tins? Rattle rattle the jack Monroe foundation rattle rattle

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Must have been working part-time in the little shop.
Ugh, just had a grim thought

OH actually owns an empire and is minted.

Jack feins such surprise at this news when it is very publicly 'leaked'.

Because of course, he knows nothing about her, nor she him. They never Googled each other, they just fell in love with each other's delicious ordinaryness.

:sick: 🤢🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.