Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happened to long Covid Jack? Not heard about that ailment for a while. Could it have been *gasp* complete bollocks?

I swear her columns are just written by AI at this point. I kind of want to learn to code so I can feed her words into a machine and auto generate lever arch files full of bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Screenshot_20220616-162541_Chrome.jpg

Oh Jack, Stress on your joints is it? Aye.
Whatever orthotics support your munchie little heart desires are worn on your whatever part of your body has the ouchies this week and they are there to support your joints (clue in the name!). Then it's a matter of whatever medication you need tablets etc or if you're really unlucky like me, you'll have a bottle of Oramorph liquid morphine which can be awkward but I've a little thing called a bag that I keep to put things in if I'm moving from place to place. Thankfully I've always remembered my wheelchair when it's needed or on a good day, my walking stick as I wouldn't want people to think I was in some sort of midlife crisis, break dancing in the supermarket when simply trying to stand up after falling. Hope that helps flower xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 81
…… she packed NOTHING!!! WTF?! So she clearly did just pop on a train with NOTHING!

Am I missing something? She clearly carried nothing of use(not even a clean shirt the bellend) so what is she on about?

I think I’m at max Jack and must run away and ignore her barmy world and words for a bit 😂😂😂 Jaysus she would wear you out!

(eta: I’m rage texting so used clearly far too often. Clearly.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Given that a lot of shifts in foodbanks require you to lift and shift boxes and bags and cans and things, I'm surprised she is able to commit to volunteering weekly given her conditions.

Although I suppose she could be there giving up to date advice on housing benefits etc...

I did one of my occasional shifts at the local food pantry sorting donations and I'm genuinely quite achey today!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Aye Jack is a pain in the tits.
Almost as much as So It Is Jack - although she doesn’t appear to have any NI bookings coming up, thankfully

Reactions: 27
…… she packed NOTHING!!! WTF?! So she clearly did just pop on a train with NOTHING!

Am I missing something? She clearly carried nothing of use(not even a clean shirt the bellend) so what is she on about?
Exactly. Exactly this. So I'm now wondering WTF was in the Adidas holdall that the lovely (& ruddy, bloody brave) @lurkerfrau spotted off-stage yesterday? Was it just filled with rusty thrift shop shite or what?
Lads, I'm so confused.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Buy cheap buy twice is the essence of the Vimes Boots Theory, but apparently it's something her mum used to say?

Reactions: 24
See this is what puts me off the Guardian. It’s the same people writing the same stuff and nobody with any genuine lived experience.

It is lazy journalism at its finest.

• Angry
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.