Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought housing benefit had been replaced by the housing element of UC.

Jack, bang up to date as always. I can see why her dms are bulging with poors seeking advice on benefits. That and political prisoners.
I believe she also has some hot takes about signing on for national assistance at the labour exchange and an absolute banger planned about supplementary benefit.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I believe she also has some hot takes about signing on for national assistance at the labour exchange and an absolute banger planned about supplementary benefit.
I believe I was on supplementary benefit many years ago. We just called it the Dole though.
Yes, I am old.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
looks like the squig was successful in his mercy dash to euston and will make it on time to billie eilish. phew

(pink squig suggested a local pharmacy, purple squig is jack's good friend)

20220616_183321.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Have we ever seen these shoulder and wrist braces? How did she manage the travel to and from the city adjacent mini break?
Why if you are such a martyr to arthritis would you even consider long journeys and an overnight stay without your braces and pain?
(answer: you wouldn't)
You flipping absolutely wouldn't. On the (thankfully) rare occasions when I need my gloves I could NEVER forget them/leave them behind coz, I dunno, the PAIN? And why has she never been seen with them on ever? Jack being Jack, would never turn down an opportunity to score pity points/attention, surely? (Jmho and lived experience, dont sue me Jack).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Catching up, I just saw the Hand of Death tweet and started laughing. Don't worry, I've just got a little stitch and will recover with rest

ETA, Jack's front door crack reminds me of the exchange from Alan Partridge:
Alan: Get any Valentines?
Idiot DJ: Well Alan, I got downstairs this morning and I couldn't open my door.
Alan: Lost your key?
Idiot DJ:... Yeah, I couldn't open my door because I'd lost my key

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
In the replies Jack states she will go to Boots for paracetamol and ibuprofen. Sorry, if your rheumatoid arthritis is that bad then you'd have stashes in every coat pocket or bag. Grr, arthritis Jack really grinds my shoulders, just like my, err, arthritis!

Maybe the earrings could be adapted to hold a pill each for future issues?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm fairly sure she grunked and read yesterday's posts about travelling being difficult for her with her conditions and had a lightbulb moment for some content. That pic of her hand...😂 ffs
I'm sure it was @Lucy Aeroplane who suggested last night that Jack would do a grunk here, see the comments about autism burnout and claim she was suffering from it after all her travelling the past few days. She's done exactly that, but picked out RA to make it less obvious 😂😂 (Mere speculation, m'lud).

• Haha
Reactions: 48
You mithering ninnies, she can't go into Boots because she has PTSD from a time she got stuck in a Boots. That's why she's called the Boots Trap Cook.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 128
What’s the bleeping point in all of that stuff if you don’t wash or have fresh clothes? There’s only so much a tripod and lights can do, ffs.

And yes, all struggling single mothers I know have a NutriBullet rather than a £12 stick blender and TWO pairs of AirPods and not £7 headphones from Primark.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Why is she mithering about Boots?
Don't her paymasters Superdrug sell those well-known arthritic cure-alls, paracetamol and ibuprofen?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
All the crap shoved in a suitcase with absolutely no care. She doesn’t give a tit.

• Sad
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.