Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh…I can make my right thumb do that but even more so. It’s kind of double jointed and collapses inwards at the base, my little finger is the same, not arthritis though just a party trick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hi all, new frau here checking in, been lurking for a while but Jacks latest load of lies has really pissed me off. My husband and I both suffer from chronic pain and neither of us would go anywhere without our medication. Also, we can't jet off on multiple holidays because we never know how we'll be feeling each morning. She's an absolute charlatan and I really hope that her lies and grifting will be exposed someday soon.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 111
In the midst of the bleeping munchie parade she’s currently partaking in, I also feel the need to debunk this. I’ve volunteered at foodbanks in various parts of the country and never once (other than during lockdown) have I been expected to go weekly. They have a rota and depending on the size of the volunteer roster, the number of clients and the size of the store room you are needed once every three to six weeks with a small team. Of course there are the pillars of the community retired sorts who do show up weekly, but for anyone with a job it’s much more manageable on the rota system. How is Jacqui finding time weekly in her 120hr working weeks along with being secretary for AA and parenting?
Plus there is no way she wouldn't tweet about it every single time! "Dragging my poor arthritic body into town to help those a lot little worse off than me"

Reactions: 43
The cycle of Jack

*Mini-break Jack
* Poverty Jack
* Cross patch Jack (don’t say she’s not poor, pal)
* lil’ grifty Jack
* sad Jack
* Cat jack
* Dubious anecdotes Jack
* Cross patch Jack 2.0
* Food Jack
* No money to spend on food 😢 Jack
* So much emotional labour in buying food Jack
* Clumsily nuzzling innocent in laws Jack
* Sad Jack (prepping for a mini break)

And repeat

• Haha
Reactions: 70
That's a nice shirt/blouse she is wearing in the handy photo, why didn't she wear that to the awards ceremony last night? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The cycle of Jack

*Mini-break Jack
* Poverty Jack
* Cross patch Jack (don’t say she’s not poor, pal)
* lil’ grifty Jack
* sad Jack
* Cat jack
* Dubious anecdotes Jack
* Cross patch Jack 2.0
* Food Jack
* No money to spend on food 😢 Jack
* So much emotional labour in buying food Jack
* Clumsily nuzzling innocent in laws Jack
* Sad Jack (prepping for a mini break)

And repeat
Scrappy Doo Jack (Twitter only)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm sorry but I can't get the 3 day old, slept in t-shirt nonsense out of my head. Who does that? How has she been wearing it for 3 days yomping from hither to thither, sitting on trains, speaking in a "professional" capacity then attending an awards ceremony. HOW?
Has she showered and then put the filthy t-shirt back on or what? (The alternative isn't much better).

Jack, I've already changed my shirt twice today. Please stop being such a honking grubster you're making me itch.

Sorry again, but I've soooooo my issues with this🤢🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Speaking of which has she delivered a zinger to Piers Morgan yet? The sort which will make him cry at her cutting and savage brilliance?
I think we could be 24 hours from a 5000 word rant on her blog about how no white wing gammon is gonna stop her being a sweary tattooed lezza Jack ain't no square etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Grunking and bringing this over from the last thread, but @Thronewife

Babe, same.

You’ve expressed it far more eloquently than I ever could, though. I’m always appalled by Jack but her LARPing CPTSD has bleeping done me.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Hi all, new frau here checking in, been lurking for a while but Jacks latest load of lies has really pissed me off. My husband and I both suffer from chronic pain and neither of us would go anywhere without our medication. Also, we can't jet off on multiple holidays because we never know how we'll be feeling each morning. She's an absolute charlatan and I really hope that her lies and grifting will be exposed someday soon.
Hello new Frau. Your username is a trillion chapeaux ❤

The clock not working is even more annoying than the handles not matching.

That house is giving me serious ick vibes.
‘I don’t care for ordinary’
Absolute wanker.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I'm sorry but I can't get the 3 day old, slept in t-shirt nonsense out of my head. Who does that? How has she been wearing it for 3 days yomping from hither to thither, sitting on trains, speaking in a "professional" capacity then attending an awards ceremony. HOW?
Has she showered and then put the filthy t-shirt back on or what? (The alternative isn't much better).

Jack, I've already changed my shirt twice today. Please stop being such a honking grubster you're making me itch.

Sorry again, but I've soooooo my issues with this🤢🤮
As well as being vile and grubby it’s also completely unnecessary BS. I travel a lot for work and regularly have mishaps (laddered tights, spilt coffee) that are easily remedied by a quick trip to Primark or whatever cheap shop is close to a train station.

If she can afford a mini break she can definitely afford a mini Primark shop.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thanks @Yel for the new thread and TD, the Queen of Twitter <insert ‘one of us’ gif> for the title.

I’ve just finished the last thread and I’m really annoyed. I can’t work out if I’m more annoyed at Jack or the people who enable her. I know so many people (IRL but also here) who strive every day to be a better person, to do things for other people and be the best versions of themselves. And then there’s Jack. But I think the only way she’ll be taken down a peg or two is if people stop enabling her.

I don’t read any newspapers but is it laziness on the Guardian’s part? Why aren’t they doing better and speaking to one of the many people who are living through - or surviving austerity RIGHT NOW!! I’m not the same person I was 10 years ago and I’ve no desire to be.

I won awards at primary school for my creative writing but you don’t see me getting all up in J K Rowling’s niche

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Jack has been using her time productively, she has followed another thousand people since yesterday. Hard on the thumbs though.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Jack has been using her time productively, she has followed another thousand people since yesterday. Hard on the thumbs though.
Ah it's not her arthritis that's playing up. It's grifters finger.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.