Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if the video is the one she it talking about, but there's a clip of her telling the Weetabix story, then she is chatting to Ed about how benefits delays cause foodbank use. Maybe her heckling (as she referred to in an guardian article) happened later?

Also to note that the person on after jack has an upsetting experience of disability. I didn't watch the last one.

Reactions: 18
Mummy wasn't very hungry yes-ter-day

Weetabix and water

Social services. Sad face.

She's only in that video for 90 seconds tops but the intro is comedy gold

Reactions: 18

Weetabix and water

I like the way she's clearly memorised Hunger Hurts, she obviously thinks it's some work of genius. Remember when she said she re-read one of her essays in bed and the power of her own words reduced her to tears?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
Jack doesn't realise that the Tories have an 80 seat majority. They can basically do whatever they want.

Even if they called another election, it would be nigh on impossible to completely overturn that sort of majority even with a progressive alliance. It will take a couple of elections where the majority is first reduced and then overturned.

The Tories would no doubt have a much reduced lead, but to think that opposition MPs have any clout in the current situation is barmy.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
We’ll be watching this space in thread 2 million,the length of time it takes you to deliver anything if indeed you deliver it all hen. Mind you who really gives a duck because it will be drivel if it ever appears anyway .
Anyway good morning troops hope you are all good. It’s pishing down here and I’m feeling sorry for the workies recovering the roads here just now.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I like the way she's clearly memorised Hunger Hurts, she obviously thinks it's some work of genius. Remember when she said she re-read one of her essays in bed and the power of her own words reduced her to tears?
I know it has been said many times before - but she IS Adrian Mole 😂 I'm sure he was moved to tears by one of his own poems.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Her diction is terrible. I've watched that three times and she says a word that I can't identify. I think she's trying to say that her son had teary eyed concern but it sounds like T Roll

I don't believe that happened. Even if you were on your uppers you wouldn't feed your kid weetabix and water. Mashed up.

Reactions: 23
Jack doesn't realise that the Tories have an 80 seat majority. They can basically do whatever they want.

Even if they called another election, it would be nigh on impossible to completely overturn that sort of majority even with a progressive alliance. It will take a couple of elections where the majority is first reduced and then overturned.

The Tories would no doubt have a much reduced lead, but to think that opposition MPs have any clout in the current situation is barmy.
We're talking about someone who thinks saying 'cost of Conservatives crisis' on the telly is radical action. No doubt she daydreams that if only she were in parliament, she'd stand up and do the poverty speech at PMQs, MPs would be reduced to tears and Boris would feel so ashamed he'd resign on the spot. Then the Queen would turn up and appoint Jack PM and have all the Tories put in jail.

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Weetabix and water

Why. Does she always... speak. Like. She's reading a. Draamaaatic poem? I cannot take anything that she says seriously. The disabled lady and the elderly lady at the end were genuine, heartfelt cases and juxtaposed against JM's fantastical word salad they really show her up for what she is. A fake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
"Dead people can’t riot. Dead people can’t vote."

Jack, one of these things is not like the other. Have a little think about it.
It really is like she wants riots. Surprised the plod visit last week wasn’t about incitement to violence due to the T shirts

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I know it has been said many times before - but she IS Adrian Mole 😂 I'm sure he was moved to tears by one of his own poems.
Literally about to say this. It was the "Do you weep Mrs Thatcher, do you weep" poem. Adrian thought it was the kind of poem that would bring a government to it's knees.

Am late to the party on the lawn mowing, but most people with joint issues hate vacuuming, mowing, strimming type tasks because of the vibration through your wrists & shoulders.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.