Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the points of uniforms is to level out students in terms of appearance, all being seen as equal etc. Surely as the daughter of a dyed in the wool (hah) commie, she would go for this? I’ve been a teacher and you can still tell whose family only puts on one weekly wash and who has 5 spare shirts but still, I like the fact it keeps you all on an equal footing. Non school uniform days can be really hard for those who don’t have any up to date/decent clothes. I remember people getting taken the piss out of for having value crisps or carrying the wrong plastic bag around ffs.

I also have to say that in my dating life, any military officers have all been to private schools… kind of like a pipeline to privilege, one could say?

• Heart
Reactions: 77
...and what about all the people dying from obesity related diseases, and the fact that there is an increased risk of obesity the lower the income? Focus on nutrition Jack, ya plum, not just calories. (I know we've said this many times but for me, giddy Jack is the worst Jack)

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Her rant about MPs is just so tond deaf. It is 6 years since Jo Cox's death and MPs are still getting abusive and threatening emails etc. David Amess's death is still fresh in the minds of the local population. Yet Ms Monroe thinks it is right to goad and wind up her clearly deluded followers with such rants.

If someone uses her rebel rousing tweets as an excuse for direct action causing personal harm to an MP, i hope shd is proud.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
duck off that SB is there, he wouldn't have made it to school on time if he was.

And no school enforces the policy of blazers on in a heatwave. Are you that thick, Jack? It's too hot for this nonsense so early in the day. Go get a pair of scissors and go cut your grass.
But if there's now a 'blazers not to be enforced today' email I wonder who'll take credit...🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I know Jack is forensic with her facts, but is she 100% certain of this claim that politicians don’t raise specific issues at PMQs or via other routes available to them?

I suspect she made a rare little mistake here, shocking I know.

I occasionally watch PMQs at lunchtime (I am boring) and I do see MPs often without a media presence brining up local issues, specific people and specific concerns.

Maybe check all your data in your lever arch files before tweeting your wrong takes?

Or simply do not assume just because you have not seen, heard or read it, it doesn’t happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Lol, pal 😂 she’s said kick shins just for us, hasn’t she? Bless her, she does think of us so often! Heartwarming.
Does she think it makes her sound hard, seriously? Because threatening to kick someone's shins sounds like something from an Enid Blyton book.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.