Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woah! Cost of Conservatives crisis! Saying that out load on tee vee is a ballsy move. Isn't she frightened she might get in trouble? This is going to be up there with the Sex Pistols on Bill Grundy!
When she isn't invited on to any big TV slots over the next few weeks she'll blame this tweet. She'll claim they've blacklisted her for being too openly anti-Tory instead of reflecting on whether there might be any other reason.

I'd quite like her to say this on TV though, if only so the host could respond by asking her why the cost of living crisis is affecting people internationally if it's all down to the UK government?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Ewww she called him 'Saj'. Also she's appropriating reactions against her to react against someone else.

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 10.53.52.png

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 10.54.11.png

"Saj" should get back to her with this ...

Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 10.55.41.png

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Woah! Cost of Conservatives crisis! Saying that out load on tee vee is a ballsy move. Isn't she frightened she might get in trouble? This is going to be up there with the Sex Pistols on Bill Grundy!
More like Preston on Buzzcocks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
I like the way she's clearly memorised Hunger Hurts, she obviously thinks it's some work of genius. Remember when she said she re-read one of her essays in bed and the power of her own words reduced her to tears?
every time i read ‘all blue eyes and two year old concern’ i want to kick shins. Two year old concern isn’t a thing, toddlers are selfish bastards

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I don't know if the video is the one she it talking about, but there's a clip of her telling the Weetabix story, then she is chatting to Ed about how benefits delays cause foodbank use. Maybe her heckling (as she referred to in an guardian article) happened later?

Also to note that the person on after jack has an upsetting experience of disability. I didn't watch the last one.

She's like a drama student auditioning for a soapie in the intro. It's so obviously a piece she's learnt, plus, the heaving chest, the dramatic pauses for added effect.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I'm not watching it because I can't stand her voice but just wanted to post this.
Could this be Maureen?
Screenshot_20220617-110211_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When I was at high school 30 plus years ago we didn't need to wear our blazers in the classroom. If my mum had ever sent me to school in a floppy hat there would have been wars

She's a weirdo.
I simply don’t believe her! My sons didn’t wear their blazers in the classroom and that was less than 8 years ago. Why does she fabricate like this? She always does it - but literally cannot lie!

Reactions: 22
I simply don’t believe her! My sons didn’t wear their blazers in the classroom and that was less than 8 years ago. Why does she fabricate like this? She always does it - but literally cannot lie!

I’ve asked my OH about this as he teaches in a scummy state school. Hopefully he can take a minute away from whipping the children into submission and let me know.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I am not a parent but if I had a problem with my child's school I would simply contact them and explain the issue and what I would like done to resolve it.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Got some grunking to do but my eyes are already stuck on the roll setting.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You wanted the detached house, the affluent area, the road that is nicer than your parent's road. You're just bitter that you don't own one of them.
This is exactly it, nail on the head.

She wants to stick it to her parents like a teenager. I bought my house without you. I told you I would. And it's nicer than yours. Ner ner so there.

Pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.