Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually came here to mention the Guardian article today In The Heat & Eat series, but then got distracted with how irritating Jack is.

Anyway, it is written by Kerry Hudson who makes a passing mention of her life experience of poverty in a way that is relevant to the point she is making which is about societies demonisation of people in poverty.

It is an excellent article and very well written. The media should really find alternatives to using Jack to speak on poverty, and there are so many excellent voices out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think she thinks that this was a conference aimed at all volunteers rather than a conference for the ‘voluntary sector’ which is actually made up of a massive workforce of paid staff. I would have thought she might have picked this up given she attended the annual awards do😀
I have to say, i commend people for taking trains rather than domestic flights. I won't fault JM for training it rather than flying.
Ooooor, she could have zoomed in - it was only an hour's chat after all and they could've saved the money and be seen to make reasonable adjustments for a guest speaker with a disability 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 30
Omfg what the actual duck is this the snobby witch! Why didn’t she send SB private then, she has the money? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Just reading the tweet again and she actually thinks that "Subservience and blind adherence to ridiculous conventions are key" to *state* schools rather than private schools? She's so, so thick.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Just reading the tweet again and she actually thinks that "Subservience and blind adherence to ridiculous conventions are key" to *state* schools rather than private schools? She's so, so thick.
She's never actually been in a secondary comp then if she believes there is subservience and slavish adherence to the rules....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Also the same rules often apply to the staff. If the kids have their blazers on then staff also have to have their jackets/blazers on. I know it’s not like that everywhere but I have worked places like that.

Reactions: 22
The privilege. I can't have a barbecue in my garden because I haven't got one, please send outdooro spaceo.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
"Dead people can’t riot. Dead people can’t vote."

Jack, one of these things is not like the other. Have a little think about it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
"I said it to Ed Milliband's FACE!". Mother of God, she's like a 10 year old regaling fictitious tales of how they stood up to School Bully

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
She was tempted to keep her son home but didn't. So what's the point of this rant?
Again trying to pretend he lives with her (he doesn’t). she had been away twice this week shes grunked and seen the Tuesday comments, so has to shoe horn him in also. Why text him during the school day?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Imagine looking down on MENIAL jobs when your whole existence is funded by randos specifically so you don't have to do one.

Most MENIAL jobs, of course, require timekeeping, organisation, consistency, effort both mental and physical, the ability to deal with other people in a normal and respectful fashion and an everyday responsibility for oneself and those around you. All of which would, one imagines, be far beyond the reach of our pretendy princess.

If you're reading, Jack, an eight-hour shift behind the counter in a Subway, for example, is honest work. How you live your life is very much not.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.